“Great Hotel and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Hotel and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was in Mobile for a conference and brought family. The staff at the hotel were great. Rooms were very nice. And then their is the location. It was downtown and walking distance to convention center, the major hotels, and downtown food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites / Downtown Mobile, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
AMSMike08,
Thank you for your great comment about our staff, rooms and location! Here at Candlewood Suites we strive to meet all of our guests needs. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our hotel during your visit, and found it easy to get around downtown Mobile. We hope to accommodate you and your family again the next time you travel to Mobile!
Ashley Baggett
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I admit I am picky when it comes to hotels. I was looking for a place to stay on the way to Dauphin Island with my daughter. This hotel was great. The staff greeted me quite kindly and made us feel really welcome. I am a priority club platinum member and they gave us a neat little bag with snacks in it. My daughter was super impressed. The hotel was an easy walk to several restaurants and neat places. The room was large and quite comfortable. Most importantly, it was incredibly clean. I'm pretty sure it would have passed a white glove test. The only negative I saw was that my view was pretty lame but hey, it was a downtown hotel and I was not very high up. For a nice, comfortable hotel, this place can't be beat. In fact, I spent the next night at *a much higher priced resort on the other side of the bay owned by another chain* and can say, hands down, that not only was my room much cleaner and in better shape, the staff was kinder and more hospitable as well. When I stay in Mobile, I will return here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, General Manager at Candlewood Suites / Downtown Mobile, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We are grateful for your loyalty to our brand hearted IHG family as as Platinum Member statue. The Candlewood Suites team Mobile understands the importance of our guests, we pride ourselves to provide the friendliest and cleanliest lodging accommodations in town. We extend a warm welcome to invite you and your family to visit us again in the future. Thanks again and safe travels.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My hubby and I were really surprised at how beautiful and cozy this hotel is. We really needed somewhere to stay the night to await our return flight home. We had traveled 3 hours by bus with our children from NOLA after our cruise was delayed getting back to port by 1 and 1/2 days, due to Hurricane Isaac. All we wanted was somewhere comfortable and safe. We definitly got that! Pool was a wonderful way for our kids to loose some energy. They allowed us to stay 2 hours after check out time, b/c our flight was later in the evening. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
As we have all had minor set backs when traveling, mother nature has a mind of her own. In despite that your traveling plans were changed due to Hurricane Issac, it was an opportunity for us to welcome you to our "cozy" Candlewood Suites property. We were delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to provide the best service and welcomes our guest, to feel as if you are home. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile on your vist or family excursion. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in Mobile & had prebooked this hotel. We were really pleased with the location, free parking & free wifi. (always a bonus!) rooms were large & very comfortable with a small kitchenette area. Dauphin street was a short walk away.  We enjoyed an hour at 'red or white' wine shop and had a great meal in the evening at ........ We drove down to Dauphin Island but to be honest there is very little there to do or see.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Mobile area. Upon your next visit with us, we encourage you and your family to discover some of our local attractions that are close by, such as the Explorium, Museum of Mobile and Ft. Conde. Although, Dauphin Street is best know for its downtown entertainment district, we would love for you to enjoy all of Mobile's attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Tiverton, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel offered a lot of nice options for me as I traveled. In the middle of the downtown scene...plenty of bars and places to eat. Only downside is that they have limited parking on site. You can park on the street but if it is during the day, you have to feed a meter. Also, they have a satelite parking lot about a block away from the hotel...

Room Tip: If you stay here, no need to pack a lot of clothing...free washing machines on location!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CandlewoodSuitesMobi, General Manager at Candlewood Suites / Downtown Mobile, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We welcome your feedback and are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Our desirable location, allows our guests to stroll at their leisure and enjoy the venues of the downtown area. We provide free parking on site, however, space is limited. For our guests convenience, we offer an additional off site parking within walking distance, supporting ample parking for our guests. We strive to provide the best service and quality at a comfortable value. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback. We look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back to Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We stayed for 2 nights. We had a 2-room suite on the first floor. The room was very spacious. We had plenty of room for myself, my mother, and my 2 children. The room was updated and very clean. The front desk personnel were excellent, very friendly and very helpful. I used the free laundromat which was nice so I didn't have as many clothes to wash when we returned home. I wish they had a continental breakfast of some sort, but the store had everything we needed for a cheap breakfast on the go. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We strive to provide the best service and offer spacious comfortable suites while allowing our guest to enjoy all the amenities of home. We were happy you and your family had the opportunity to utilize our free laundromat and the convenience of our Candlewood Cupboard. Although, we do not offer breakfast, we hope you found the cupboard most pleasurable with many breakfast items to choose from. We look forward and invite you and your family to visit us again in the future. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel ranked very highly and I wasn't disappointed. I'm a native of Mobile but moved away about 10 years ago for college and job. The downtown district can be pricy but I managed to find this gem. It's location is prime and I was lucky to hop in a room for a 3 night stay for two adults and 3 kids at $100 a night, which was half of what other hotels in the area were charging.

Hotel staff was nice almost to the point of overkill (everyone greeted you and offered assistance at every turn) and the accommodations were simple, modern, and spacious. The room was equipped with everything you'd need for a longer stay such as pots/pans, 2-burner glass-ceramic cooking surface, full size refrigerator, and large working space. It was also easy to acquire clean and sturdy cribs for my twin 6-month-olds. I especially liked the outdoor gas grill that was available and free to use (check out tools from the front desk). The pool/patio area was also very welcoming.

The only thing I would have liked to see was a restaurant or area for breakfast. It wasn't a huge deal and I knew it wasn't there before I booked, but something more than the pantry and honor system would have made this truly exceptional. The pantry system might be normal for Candlewood so perhaps the restaurant is absent by design.

This was my first stay at a Candlewood, but more stays are definitely warranted when I come back through Mobile. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We were delighted to have you as our guest and the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mobile again after relocating to another location. As you noticed, Downtown Mobile and surronding areas is developing rapidly . Our team, Candlewood Suites Downtown Mobile, we excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to visit in the future! Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites.

Been to Candlewood Suites / Downtown Mobile? Share your experiences!