“Plan to Stop--Food is great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 573 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Mississippi Gulf Coast
“Plan to Stop--Food is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just had another excellent meal at Felix's this week . . . their daily catch (this week a variation of snapper) is always marvelous, no matter how it's prepared. It's just off the bridge over Mobile Bay, so if you're traveling I-10 around any meal time, make sure you stop in. It's great food at reasonable prices, with wonderful service. And if the lines are long, which they sometimes are, see about a seat at the bar, where they'll get you everything you need, including all the food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

missouri
“Best crab soup I've ever had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the battleship. I ordered the crab soup and soft shell crab panini. Both were awesome. Hubby had the sausage and rice. Service could have been better, they weren't very busy but our drinks weren't refilled until we had finished eating. Portion sizes were good. Food was excellent.

Visited January 2013
“Crowds impact quality?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went on a Wednesday night & they had a 45-60 min wait for two. Got a seat at the bar quickly and dined there. Ordered the filet and shrimp. Salad was fine. Steak was served topped with 3-4 small shrimp, which were overcooked (rubbery.) I expected a little more in the way of shrimp for the additional cost compared to the filet alone. The filet was okay; not quite as good as Outback (which in my experience is consistently good.) Not a meal to rave about, but I will give them another try during a less busy time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Great, friendly staff. Make reservations for Saturday night dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Tried coming here on a Saturday night and was told its a three hour wait! We left but wanted to try the food so came back the next day. I'm glad we did. I can't recall what we all has but it was excellent. Definitely try the bread pudding, it's delicious. Our waiter was wonderful and the atmosphere bustling. Next time we go, we will try to sit with a view of USS Alabama although all window tables seem to have amazing views. Ask for the military discount.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Fresh Tasting Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went early on a Sunday to Felix's for lunch. We got there right as they opened, and had no problem getting a table, although I understand that they get crowded quickly. We started with the lobster dip which had huge chunks of lobster in it! This was followed by the turtle soup, which was also delicious. I ordered the crab cake panini which had a large portion of crab on it as well. Also thought that the corn and jalapeno fritters had a nice kick to them, as well as flavor. The wait staff was very quick with any drinks, or other things that were needed at the table. It is definatly worth a visit if you are in Mobile!

• Visited November 2012