“Gone to the dogs...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Coppell, TX
“Gone to the dogs...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I were traveling from Daytona Beach back to her home in Houston with three dogs. After driving for eight hours, we were exhausted.
I had been leary of La Quinta Inns for a while after a couple bad experiences.
Charlie was extremely helpful at the desk and our rooms were nicely appointed, very clean and comfortable.
Glad I was willing to give La Quinta Inns another try.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, which is usually pretty noisy. Rooms 108 and 110. No noise complaints...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thankk you Miss Bonie for the wonderful comments. We love to hear from our guests. I will be sure to let Charlie know that you mentioned her and that she was helpful. I apologize that you had some problems in the past with LaQuinta and we are glad you choose to stay with us and give us a try. At La Quinta we are here for our Guests! and we hope the next time you are in the area you will choose us again! Once again, thank you for the comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to rest after such a long drive. Hope the pups are able to rest as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was ok for free hotel fare.
Enjoyed free wine on beer from 4:00-6:00pm in the breakfast area. Pool area needs some work but the water was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments. We love to hear from our guests on how their stay was. I will be sure to tell the staff that you thought they were Great! We are currently working on the pool area. We hope if you are in the area again you will stop by and see us.
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were totally confused when we entered the address in the Google Maps & it pulled up Coca Cola Rd versus 5170 Motel Ct. We followed the directions and sure enough we turned on Coca Cola Road & saw the property. Not sure if Motel Ct actually exists. The property itself was clean and kept up well. The girl at check-in was anything but friendly or helpful. One of the mattresses in our room had a scary stain that wasn't covered by the sheet and the pillows weren't great. We were surprised by the nice breakfast. We expected donuts and coffee but there were eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh waffles, cereal & fresh fruit amongst the donuts & pastries. The lady working the area was super friendly. We would stay here again but just bring our own pillows next time.

• Stayed July 2013
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We love to hear from our guests! Thank you so much for the good and the not quite so good comments. We only get better if we hear and react to what our guests say. When you get a chance if you could email me and let me know the dates of your stay so that I can find out who checked you in and who was working breakfast I would really appreciate it. My email address is lq6070gm@laquinta.com Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention and I am glad we surprised you with our breakfast. Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites for your stay and if you are in the area again we hope you will stay with us again.
greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta on our way back home from Louisiana after picking up our new puppy. When calling around the mobile area to find a pet friendly hotel, I found several, however, they wanted to charge an additional $75 fee for our pet. The La Quinta not only allows pets to stay for free, but were very welcoming to our newest member of the family. I also appreciated that when I called to make the reservation, they did not have a wheelchair accessible room available for us, but the gentleman who helped me made sure that we had a larger room to accommodate our daughter's needs. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am sure by now your new addition to the familyl has settled into his new and loving home. I apologize that we did not have an accessible room available but I am glad we were able to accomodate you with a room that would work for your daughter. If you are ever in the area again please stop by to see. We would like to see you all again and see how much your puppy has grown!
Woodstock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had stayed at this property in the past and was satisfied; so I decided to stay again. However, I was very disappointed in the room. While it was very clean and the bed was comfortable, I got little sleep that night. I was on the first floor, and I think I could hear every step and movement from the people in the room above me. The noise started about 1:00 a.m. and stopped about 2:15 a.m. after I called the front desk asking them to quiet them down. It wasn't just faint sounds..it was jumping, running, items falling...I could also hear people in the hallway. The overhead light in the room entrance was out and the rest of the lighting was very poor. The bulbs were poor quality and the room was too dark. The hotel was convenient to restaurants and the interstate. Breakfast was not appealing...biscuits were tasteless, bacon too done..typical LQ breakfast. Will probably stay at another property next trip.

Room Tip: If you stay here, choose room on 2nd or third floors. Avoid first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the inconveniences you encountered while you were staying at the hotel and I would like to apologize that your stay did not go well. We will definitely look into the light bulb situation. Once again I do apologize. If you are ever in the area again We would love for you to try us again and we will make sure that you get a peace and quiet night's sleep..

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner? Share your experiences!