We chose this hotel for a quick overnight trip. I checked tripadvisor and it seemed to have good reviews. The hotel is nice looking from the exterior, and the lobby was warm and nicely decorated. When we checked in, we were given a room on the 3rd floor, room 300. When the elevator opened on the 3rd floor you could really smell the cigarette smell. I guess the 3rd floor was a smoking floor at some point in the past?!
Upon entering the room, we were overwhelmed with an obnoxious and disgusting odor. It was stinky cigarette smoke mixed with chemicals smell. It reminded me of a bar room on Bourbon Street. Our eyes and noses were stinging almost instantly. We have small children so I knew this would not work. I immediately called the front desk and the nice girl who answered moved us to another room on the same floor, room 325, and gave us an upgrade to a "suite."
This room smelled less terrible, but the carpet had a slippery/oily film on it. We were slipping and sliding with our shoes on. It was late and we were tired, so we chose to stay. We opened the sofa bed only to find a bare mattress and broken springs which made one corner touch the ground. It looked like it came out of a frat house.
I tried to use the phone on the nightstand to call for linens for the sofa bed but the phone was not connected to the wall, and was completely missing its cord. Once we got the linens one of the two fitted sheets had a large unidentifiable black stain on it?!
In addition, the bath tub was dirty (had hair in it), the shower curtain was torn, and the pillow cases were put on inside out.
Very upsetting night!