You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We arrived around midnight and had to wait a few minutes to be let in the locked front door. The room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast (usual continental fare plus bacon, sausage, eggs, and biscuits) was very good in the morning. Would stay again if in the area. Make sure to book online as that rate was significantly less when we stayed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Located just a few minutes outside Mobile, Alabama, this hotel is a great place to stay if youi are going to be visiting Bellingrath Gardens! When I arrived the friendly desk clerk had my reservation and I was checked-in quickly. My room on the third floor was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed was neatly made and comfortable, the bathroom was clean with marble countertops and a nice shower massage. The room had a desk, and chair, a sitting area with chair, lamp and coffee table, a mini frig, microwave and a coffee maker.

I was meeting friends here and we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Anything you asked they tried to accomodate you. The internet service was great and easy to log-on to.

I have only a few complaints about this place. The desk chair in my room was very uncomfortable. I didn't sit in in more than once or twice. I found it more comfortable to bring my laptop to the other chair and sit in front of the coffee table. Also, most hotels have a few complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. This one only had shampoo. The free continental breakfast was not great, but adequate. There was a decent amount of selection, some fruit and yogurt was avaiable in addition to the eggs and sausage and biscuits. The staff working there was kind and very helpful and the dining room was comfortable.

All in all I had a great experience at this hotel and would recommend it to others who are coming to Bellingrath Gardens as a great bargain for you money and a good location next to a number of eating establishments and Interstate 10.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel was great. Price was reasonable, facilities were clean, guest services wee friendly. The only 'complaint' I have is that I booked this hotel rather than the other La Quinta in Mobile because of the hot tub. When I arrived it was not working. I was told by the front desk that it broke a couple of days earlier, that the part had not arrived yet. Not that it is anyone's fault in particular, but I would have chosen the other property that was more conveniently located for my trip and saved a few $$ except for the tub. Breakfast was excellent! And I appreciate so much that La Quinta allows pets and does not charge enough for an extra room for them. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We had room 208, which was nice, clean and comfortable
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandon, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We wanted to stay close to Bellingrath Gardens, and we were very pleased with our stay, even though they don't heat the pool in the winter. The service was good, the breakfast was good, the room was clean and comfy. But it was hard to find. CALL AHEAD and ask what to put in your GPS so you can find it!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask what to put in your GPS because this place is really hard to find at first. You c...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

the price was good, the place is new and clean, and the front desk service was great. My only compliant is that we could hear footsteps from the room above (I guess it's frame construction instead of concrete).

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor so you don't have footsteps from rooms above you
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is one of the few times it's great that your GPS can't find the hotel -- it means it's new, which is fabulous as everything is in tip-top condition, from the carpets, to the beds, to the air-conditioning unit, to the bathrooms.

The rates they're charging are already reasonable but we had a coupon and paid $70 and were so pleased with the room. The design and color scheme of this hotel was modern and subdued, making it look more like a 4-star than a 3-star hotel. The towels at this hotel were so fluffy and thick, you'd think you're at a luxury hotel. A great touch was that each room had a fridge and microwave oven cleverly hidden in the TV stand/ chest of drawers. Despite being just off the I-10, the area was quiet and we had a great night's sleep.

Check-in was quick and easy, the staff were polite, friendly and lovely to our dog -- one of the ladies gave my dog bacon! They weren't kidding when they say Southern hospitality is amazing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The employees, specifically mike and ryan were AESOME representatives. Ryan assisted me with arriving at the hotel with directions and stayed on the phone with me. The room I requested online was not was I checked into, however, Michael was able to accomodate my needs and relocate my family.

The only other minor thing was the guest below my room kept banging on the ceiling because of my two year old nefew. The employees were very generous in assisting both guest with this matter. I would just recommend that families with smaller children stay on the bottom level.

Lastly, I drove all the way home and realized I left my laptop charger in the hotel. Michael immediately put it in the mail for me and I received it 2 days later. :-)

Room Tip: I would just recommend that families with smaller children stay on the bottom level.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner? Share your experiences!