“One of the worst places I've ever stayed” 1 of 5 stars

You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
555 Government Street, Mobile, AL 36602   |
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Halifax, Canada
“One of the worst places I've ever stayed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't mind staying in older, beat off places. I spent a month traveling by bicycle around the US south and took lots of older, cheap rooms. Most were at least clean, maybe not the Ritz, but alright for one night. Because it was getting late I took a room here. It was the unbelievable how dirty it was. My feet stuck to the carpet, the room stank of who knows what. I had to listen to someone screaming their head off outside my room in the middle of the night for half and hour. Does the city of Mobile not inspect hotels and motels??? A week later while coming back through Mobile I struck a room even worse. Please read that review. I guess Mobile must have so many tourists that they can let dumps like this stay in business.

Room Tip: Avoid Mobile Alabama at all costs. Its a pretty old place but nasty.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Imperial, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Im a traveling tradesen. Im used to staying in run down motels. its a great way for us traveling guys to save money. so i read some of these reviews on here. and sometimes you have to really read between the lines. some people get pissed off at whatever and take it out on something else to get even. but, however in this case ,i have to say that this place is unreal. so i show up at the hotel, i notice the "no refund" policy. not a problem. so i get in my room and find these rooms are completely ridiculous. mold, nasty smell,the ac/ heat was all tore apart. im suprised it even worked. so i figured i just paid for a week so ide just make the best of it. so then my sister decided to take a shower and aa nap before leaving me and going back to south missouri. she turned on the water and screamed. i went in there to find 3 cockroaches running out of the tub. so i squashed them and thought " well maybe the room hadnt been rented in a little while." so she took a a 5 minute shower and hurried out. took a nap then in the morning headed out to sight see before she headed back. she dropped me offand headed back. as i sit all day and night i swear on my life i killed round 200 cockroaches as they crawled up walls, over the fridge, in and out of tub, on floor. the next day i went and told the owner. he did put me in a upstairs room. so ive been in this upstairs room and found no cockroches yet. but i dread day to day here. as soon as i get the money to switch motels im surley getting the hell out of here. just my opinion, dont bother going here.

Room Tip: dont go here!!! you will regret it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I put motel into the gps and this was the closest. upon arrival this place didn't look too bad. But once you pay in cash to the people at reception...mind you can't really hear them behind the glass wall(yes alarm bell number 1) you get a key and a remote. You head to your room passing some dodgy neighbours, I tried to be wordly and ignore this. You get to an aged room that smells a little, you sit and try to relax to the sounds of cop cars, people yelling at each other and all things that go bump in the night. I kept to myself and didn't interact with management but I would say avoid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

We were traveling with our two small children from Florida and were unaware of how bad this place would be until we got up to the room. The door would not lock and it was beyond unclean. When we asked for a refund the crazy manager called the police. When the police arrived, a very kind officer politely recommended we stay somewhere else and gave us directions. We did not get a refund but I think he may have saved our lives!

• Stayed December 2010
Fairhope, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I had some friends come down, last minute, for Mardi Gras. After multiple adult beverages, I decided to crash with them rather than drive or take a cab home. I knew it wasn't good because there were what looked like hookers in the parking lot when we arrived. As we carried their luggage up, a thug approached us trying to sell us drugs. The room as horrible. There was no bathroom door and the beds and bathroom were filthy. There were holes in the wall and the room smelled like urine. I manned up and called my wife, AT 2AM, to come get us because we just couldn't stay here. Yes, it was worth getting yelled at. While we were standing outside, waiting on her, we heard GUN FIRE. We didn't stick around long enough to call the police.

• Stayed March 2010
Panama City, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Okay..let me tell you about my experience with this hotel. From the outside it looks okay, but i was running short on money and my sister and I needed a place to stay. First of all, when we walked into the room it smelled HORRIBLE and looked like the neighbors lived there..first thing i did was pull the sheets back and omg, black hair and greasy spots on the pillows. it was gisgusting. The bathroom was worse. THe window was brokenout and there were holes kicked into the door. I was afraid to shower because thick black mold was growing in the tub. When i went to the front desk the man told me there were no refunds, so i asked for someone to come clean the room and he said, "room already clean! quit harrassing me!" wow. I paid like 50 bucks and i expected a decent room. i had some grocery bags in my car and i put them over the pillows and slept on a towel i had in my car. It was the worse place ever! had i not been broke i would have stayed somewhere else. I was afraid my car would get broken into. this place needs to be torn DOWN! Take my advice DONT Stay HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2007
jacksonville, flroida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

After reading the previous two reviews I have to say ditto. I was on the last leg of my trip from Seattle to Orlando. I just wanted an inexpensive hotel for the night. The hotel looked o.k. from the outside. The lobby serves as a living room for the family. The room was disgusting. We were woken up at 8:30 and asked to leave for no apparant reason. One of the strangest experiences of my life.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rude staff and unclean
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!