“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Imperial, Missouri, United States
“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Im a traveling tradesen. Im used to staying in run down motels. its a great way for us traveling guys to save money. so i read some of these reviews on here. and sometimes you have to really read between the lines. some people get pissed off at whatever and take it out on something else to get even. but, however in this case ,i have to say that this place is unreal. so i show up at the hotel, i notice the "no refund" policy. not a problem. so i get in my room and find these rooms are completely ridiculous. mold, nasty smell,the ac/ heat was all tore apart. im suprised it even worked. so i figured i just paid for a week so ide just make the best of it. so then my sister decided to take a shower and aa nap before leaving me and going back to south missouri. she turned on the water and screamed. i went in there to find 3 cockroaches running out of the tub. so i squashed them and thought " well maybe the room hadnt been rented in a little while." so she took a a 5 minute shower and hurried out. took a nap then in the morning headed out to sight see before she headed back. she dropped me offand headed back. as i sit all day and night i swear on my life i killed round 200 cockroaches as they crawled up walls, over the fridge, in and out of tub, on floor. the next day i went and told the owner. he did put me in a upstairs room. so ive been in this upstairs room and found no cockroches yet. but i dread day to day here. as soon as i get the money to switch motels im surley getting the hell out of here. just my opinion, dont bother going here.

Room Tip: dont go here!!! you will regret it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I put motel into the gps and this was the closest. upon arrival this place didn't look too bad. But once you pay in cash to the people at reception...mind you can't really hear them behind the glass wall(yes alarm bell number 1) you get a key and a remote. You head to your room passing some dodgy neighbours, I tried to be wordly and ignore this. You get to an aged room that smells a little, you sit and try to relax to the sounds of cop cars, people yelling at each other and all things that go bump in the night. I kept to myself and didn't interact with management but I would say avoid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

We were traveling with our two small children from Florida and were unaware of how bad this place would be until we got up to the room. The door would not lock and it was beyond unclean. When we asked for a refund the crazy manager called the police. When the police arrived, a very kind officer politely recommended we stay somewhere else and gave us directions. We did not get a refund but I think he may have saved our lives!

• Stayed December 2010
Fairhope, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I had some friends come down, last minute, for Mardi Gras. After multiple adult beverages, I decided to crash with them rather than drive or take a cab home. I knew it wasn't good because there were what looked like hookers in the parking lot when we arrived. As we carried their luggage up, a thug approached us trying to sell us drugs. The room as horrible. There was no bathroom door and the beds and bathroom were filthy. There were holes in the wall and the room smelled like urine. I manned up and called my wife, AT 2AM, to come get us because we just couldn't stay here. Yes, it was worth getting yelled at. While we were standing outside, waiting on her, we heard GUN FIRE. We didn't stick around long enough to call the police.

• Stayed March 2010
Panama City, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Okay..let me tell you about my experience with this hotel. From the outside it looks okay, but i was running short on money and my sister and I needed a place to stay. First of all, when we walked into the room it smelled HORRIBLE and looked like the neighbors lived there..first thing i did was pull the sheets back and omg, black hair and greasy spots on the pillows. it was gisgusting. The bathroom was worse. THe window was brokenout and there were holes kicked into the door. I was afraid to shower because thick black mold was growing in the tub. When i went to the front desk the man told me there were no refunds, so i asked for someone to come clean the room and he said, "room already clean! quit harrassing me!" wow. I paid like 50 bucks and i expected a decent room. i had some grocery bags in my car and i put them over the pillows and slept on a towel i had in my car. It was the worse place ever! had i not been broke i would have stayed somewhere else. I was afraid my car would get broken into. this place needs to be torn DOWN! Take my advice DONT Stay HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2007
jacksonville, flroida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

After reading the previous two reviews I have to say ditto. I was on the last leg of my trip from Seattle to Orlando. I just wanted an inexpensive hotel for the night. The hotel looked o.k. from the outside. The lobby serves as a living room for the family. The room was disgusting. We were woken up at 8:30 and asked to leave for no apparant reason. One of the strangest experiences of my life.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rude staff and unclean
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

Our experience was very similar to the other review, but I will give you a little education of how these Motel rooms are. The previous review was right in saying from the outside the place doesn't look half bad. The reason for staying at the motel was we were passing through Mobile on our way to a Bowl game and needed a place to stay for the night. As I walked to the Motel office I noticed it was closed and looked behind me at what was said to be the night office window. Which looks to be a direct window to where the owners or managers live with blinds pulled down so you can't see through them. They would only take cash for the night because she said the office was closed. I was given only one room key and headed up to my room.

Walking into the room, you instantly smell a damp musty aroma. Ok, turn on the AC and I can get by that. The walls have patches of different shades of paint all over them. The curtain is disgustingly dirty and is draped together by a plastic garbage bag. After removing the plastic garbage bag to release the whole curtain I notice that that I each ends of the curtain there were 3 rings broken so the whole curtain couldn't be extended out to cover the whole window unless you used your rig of some sort to do this. They did have a microwave and fridge but no alarm clock. we found this room very comical and knew that we could be in for a long night. We thought about trying to get a refund and just leaving and going to another motel room, but instantly remembered the no refund sign on the window. So we decided to stick it out.

When it came to the beds, we honestly did not want to even think about pulling back the comforter and looking at the sheets, but we did. All sheets and pillow cases you could tell were once white, but looked to have been used so many times they slowly faded into a cream or ivory color. Only minor stains though.

Looked for a BIBLE because everyone knows that a Hotel or Motel rooms comes with a Bible, but not here, even sweet little 8 lb. 6 ounce Baby Jesus did not come with this room.

Then comes the bathroom, yes the bathroom was insane. I mean it was BAD! There is about a 6 to 8 inch hole in the ceiling directly above the toilet. The door to the bathroom did not latch because the door handle was broken and the door was just off center. Their was no ventilation for the steam when taking a shower which is probably why the hole is in the ceiling, to let out the moisture, which now can only mean one thing, Black Mold. If you have never heard of Black Mold, do some research.

Also we were not there more than five minutes and there were immediately two cops outside talking to two gentlemen.

Pictures on the wall were never cleaned, they had a ton of some type of sticky residue like pop all over them.

Now comes the kicker.

After a night downtown at the bars, which the locals giggled about where we stayed at and said they were surprised when they gave us an amount for the whole night because they usually charge by the hour, and worrying about personal belongings in the room We got back to the rooms locked the deadbolt and room door and put up the door chain. The next morning at 8:00 am someone tried coming in the room with a key and was stopped by the door chain. I flew out of bed toward the door thinking about taking someone's head off. I opened the door and found out it was a janitor and after asking what the heck he was doing coming into people's rooms at 8:00 am he said he did not realize anyone was still in the room. He left and soon we packed our bags and left.

I have stayed at a lot of places over the years that have been pretty shady but this one surpasses them all. Nonetheless we did survive the night, with nothing missing.

Good luck to all!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!