“Thank you for making our 25th Anniversary Magical!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay For Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
College Station, Texas
“Thank you for making our 25th Anniversary Magical!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My hubby and I "ran away from home" for our 25th wedding anniversary. For a week we wandered the gulf coast, enjoying the sites and some fairly decent properties and experiences. On our actual anniversary day, hubby decided to surprise me by booking a room at the 4 star Renaissance Riverview in Mobile. Upon checking in, when front desk clerk Amanda learned it was our actual 25th she upgraded us to a wonderful room. Then she took the initiative to work with Barry, the concierge, to find us a reservation at a special restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Imagine our surprise when we returned to our room to find chocolate covered strawberries. Simply amazing and thoughtful customer service. We also spent some time at the hotel bar and the servers were also very attentive and made great drinks. We learned that the next night there would be a Mardi Gras parade and we loved the hotel so much we decided to stay a second night, no matter the cost,. The hotel made it possible for us to keep our room at the original listed rate and the second day was just as wonderful as the first. For those who haven't experienced Mobile, I was so impressed. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The parade route is clearly marked and very safe. The restaurants and bars are priced right and the food is good. And the Renaissance is the right property to call home during your visit! Thank you again Amanda and Barry!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you stayed with us for your 25th wedding anniversary. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Amanda and Barry will definetely be commended on their impeccable customer service. Our ambassadors is what makes the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel such a special place and be assured that your positive comments will be shared with our entire hotel team. Mardi Gras is a wonderful time for Mobile and I am glad to hear that you had an opportunity to take in a parade. On behalf of the hotel happy belated 25th wedding anniversary; we hope to see you back at the Riverview should your travels ever bring you back to our community.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here in January for a convention and have nothing but good things to say. I travel a lot on business and this hotel is certainly a step above any other place I've stayed in Mobile. I know its a small thing but the shower was excellent - I loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water. The views of early morning fog over the bay are outstanding.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room. The views from our guest rooms are some of the best views you will find in the city. We hope you will continue to make our hotel your home away from home should your travels bring you back to our area. Again thank you for your time and feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The valet is convenient. If self-parking, pay attention coming into the hotel - it can be confusing finding the way back to your vehicle. Check in has always been quick and easy. Easy access to I-10 and I-165. Rooms are very nicely appointed. 42 inch tv, coffee maker, mini fridge, computer inputs for tv, safe, good selection of tv channels. I've not used the pool, hot tub, sauna or exercise center (business travel and I don't have the time.) Lobby area is nice and has a Regions atm.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are laid out a little differently, I think the standard layout is a bit better, but it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we are your preferred hotel when in the greater Mobile area. Your repeat business is greatly appreciated. The comments you posted will also be shared with the entire hotel team. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance to you and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was in Mobile for the Senior Bowl and was put up at the Riverview.

I liked the location of the hotel and my room was 1906 facing the bay. I did self parking in the garage that is located next to the hotel. The hotel has a old fashioned cruse ship theme (in the elevator, floors are called decks).

The pluses of the room: I had a queen size bed and nice size room. The water was hot and strong.

The minus: Besides seeing ships go by(that was great), there were train tracks and every morning around 6am, a train would go by and sound its horn.
The hot water handle was hard to control in the tub(you have to pull out the handle and adjust the temp). I thought the AC was a bit loud and kept it off when I was sleeping and watching tv.

The staff was very friendly. The lounge was nice (you can get some bar food). The breakfast buffet was nice (eggs cooked to order, bacon, grits, fruit, cold cereal, muffins, tost) and was a decent price. I had dinner at the 2nd floor restaurant. Service was good. I had steak and ordered it medium, and it came out rare.

I didn't get a chance to try the pool, but seemed nice. And there were some work out machines.

Overall, having spent 5 nights there, I would come back again based on location.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor facing the bay. I could hear when trains went by. This is an east facing ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that the location of our hotel was convenient for you. We are also delighted to hear that our staff was friendly and provided great customer service. The challenges you faced during your stay are being looked into and I wanted to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. I did want to mention specifically that our guest room HVAC units are scheduled to be replaced this year. We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future. Again thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us feedback on your most recent stay. We will use this as a tool to continue to improve our overall operation.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel overall. Check in was easy. We used self parking. It was convenient and the parking garage is connected to the hotel. This hotel is located within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean and have a nice modern decor. Plenty of hot water for your shower. The beds are comfortable and clean. Staff was always very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the entire hotel team. Again, thank you for your time and we hope you will elect to stay with us again in the future should your travels ever bring you back to the Mobile area.
Cartersville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here New Year's Eve, so it was a great location for all the events going on downtown. It was a little loud, because of this also. Our room and the view were great, except we woke up in early morning hours with a leak in the bathroom. Water leaked heavily into our bathroom, making the bathroom unusable. A call to the front desk, they sent a hotel engineer up and he agreed that we couldn't use the bathroom. We were checking out that morning, but needed showers, so they moved us to another room. Overall, it was a nice place to stay in downtown Mobile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us New Years Eve at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for you. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the view of the city from your room. Please know that we are terribly sorry for the leak you encountered in your guest room. Our engineering department has assured me that this particular issue has been permanently resolved. Your time and feedback are greatly appreciated and we hope you will elect to stay with us again in the very near future.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent New Year's Eve here and it was WONDERFUL. On our arrival the Valet team was awesome and gave us soem great directions. The check in was fast and easy and oh so pleasant. The room itself was perfect. We went downstairs to the Mardi Gras parade and then wandered the area for the New Year celebration. Back to the hotel to watch the Moon Pie drop from our room on the 28th floor. Perfect. Will be abck to spend a weekend exploring Mobile.

Room Tip: City View is lovely overlooking downtown and the parks. ON New Years Eve you will look directly at...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted you elected to stay with us New Years Eve at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. Your positive comments on our valet team, front office team and housekeeping team will be shared with our entire hotel team. The city of Mobile puts on a great evening of festivities for New Years Eve and I am glad to hear you had a chance to count down the new year with us. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback and we look forward to seeing you back at the Riverview the next time your travels bring you to Mobile.

Been to Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!