“Nothing fancy but very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Millbrook
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Nothing fancy but very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

For $70 a night this hotel pretty much met my expectations - clean, comfortable rooms, decent service, relevant amenities and overall good value. My only complaint was that breakfast was served only until 9.00 AM and that too on a Sunday!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

This was a stop on a long road trip. The location was great, right next to the expressway, although we did have to drive to get to a restaurant. The room was small, but so was the price. Everything was nice & clean. There was a microwave & fridge in the room. The shower was very new-age that just wrapped around instead of having a shower curtain. The water pressure was great, but the shower needed towels racks in it and believe me, there was plenty of room to put in towel racks it was so huge. So it was not very convenient to reach a towel after showering. But the Wi-Fi was great, as well as the continental breakfast. We sat in the whirlpool which was very nice and so was the indoor pool. There was a water fountain & bathroom located right outside the pool, too. The exercise room only had 3 pieces of equipment and one of them, the elliptical, was broken so that was kind of a drag. Also the ice machine on our floor was broken so it was kind of inconvenient to get ice. But for a really cheap lay-over, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Spanish Fort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I was in town attending a friend's mother's funeral so I only had one night at this pleasant hotel. The desk clerk (Cindy) was friendly, efficient and professional. My room ( Queen double) was very clean and very spacious, and the bed I slept in was more comfortable than that of the Hampton Inn where I last stayed. The jacuzzi was warm enough and the pool was fine and stocked with ample pool towels. Breakfast in the morning was above average with hot sausage, biscuits and country gravy, hot and cold cereals, pastries, fruit and yogurt and hard-boiled eggs. USA Today and the local paper were complimentary. The location was perfect - right off of I-65 - but situated in such a way that traffic noise was non-existent. All in all, I can't think of anything more anyone could possibly want in a hotel of this class. I will definitely be staying again and will recommend this place to all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The only problem I had was with the manager.

When I first checked in, I was greeted by a very desk clerk. After about a minute, the manager came to the front and was in a heated discussion with someone on the phone. He speaking another language quite loudly and I couldn't hear the desk clerk and she couldn't hear me.

After the phone call, the guy just glared at me. However, the room was fine and it was clean. The breakfast was very good and it seemed like the place was kept up.

This was strange: It appeared to me that the manager and his family LIVED at the hotel. I saw them swinging into parking spots (right in front or in the handicapped spots). I don't know about you, I felt kind of creeped out. The hotel floor also seemed like curry at times.

But as I was getting ready to leave, the same manager guy was standing near my door, glaring at me the whole time. I asked him if there was a problem and he wanted to know how many people were in my room! Just me, one, by myself. He implied that there two people in the room and that it was an extra charge. I felt insulted. I let him in the room to look around and guess what? No one was in there!

Because of this experience, I will not return to this hotel. Too bad because it's clean and new.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
mpatel59, Guest Services Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you for your recent stay at Sleep Inn and Suites! I am glad to hear that you thought our hotel was overall a good place to stay but very sorry to hear that you had a problem with one of our managers. The manager you are speaking of normally does most of our paperwork and handles housekeeping and other "behind the scenes' activities. He usually does not deal with the guests and I am very sorry that things were handled like they were. We have spoken to him and this problem should be resolved. Also, I noticed you said something about the owners living at the hotel. Yes, the owners of the hotel do live on site and have been approved to do so by our parent company. I will talk to them about the parking situation and also the cooking smell as well. This shouldnt be an issue again. I hope that if you are ever in our area again that you might consider giving us a chance to redeem ourselves. Please contact us personally if there is ever anything we can do for you!
Southern U.S.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

This hotel is located conveniently right off the Intertstate near plenty of restaurants and shopping. It seemed to be a fairly new hotel, and the outside of the hotel as well as the lobby were very clean. We checked in in the early evening. The lady that works the desk at that hour lacked a bit in professionalism and friendliness. Actually, there was a general lack of hospitality from all of the employees we encountered. There was no Southern friendliness one might expect in Alabama.
The room was a good size. The linens were not good at all. The bed had one of those polyester coverlets that slide off all night. There was pubic hair stuck in the blanket on the bed, so needless to say we didn't use it. We actually borrowed quilts from the family members we were in town visiting so that we could have clean bedding to use.
In the bathroom, we found more hair underneath the bath mat that was on the edge of the tub. Gross! I would have communicated the problem to housekeeping, but the housekeeper was a man who didn't seem to speak much English,and I am not familiar enough with the language of India to communicate with those from that country.
The second evening in the hotel, a foul odor permeated our room. I opened the door to the hallway, and the odor was worse in the hall. It smelled like a horrible food odor. I Iit a candle in the room, and that helped some. I asked the front desk clerk about the smell on our way out for the evening. She said that the owners of the hotel live there, and they were cooking. When we came back late that evening, the smell seemed worse than when we left. I asked another front desk clerk, and he said he had had complaints about the odor before too.
It is against the policy of the corporation that owns this Sleep Inn for the franchisees to live there. I called Choice Hotels and asked about this. I don't understand why this is allowed to go on and disturb guests this way.
The best part of the stay was the breakfast. It was actually very good as Continental breakfasts go.
We will be back in this area, but I don't think we will stay here again. I don't want to take the chance with the stench and the hair.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
mpatel59, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Hi! Thanks so much for your stay with us! I am sorry that you had these problems on your stay but since your visit we have made several changes in our housekeeping department and are in the process of several great upgrades. Please accept our apologies for these issues. We would love for you to give us another chance!
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Staff was very friendly and cheerful. They seemed to like their work.

Our GPS did not locate this hotel and we had to stop at another hotel for directions (which was nearby). When we checked in, the desk attendant said others had commented on the same thing.

Very clean.

Thanks, Sleep Inn in Millbrook!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Madison, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

We stayed here for one night during my daughter's dance competition. It appeared to be a relatively new hotel and everything at check in went smoothly. They allowed us to check in early as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was just ok, as most free continental breakfasts are...make your own waffle, cereal, bisuits, sausage, and muffins. The only issue I had was that the pool was not heated, nor was the hot tub. This didn't stop my kids from swimming, but it should have been heated(it is still winter). The front desk guy said the heat had only been on for a short time, but the hotel was booked, so they knew the pool would llkely get used. As far as location, this is right off the interstate, very convenient to downtown Montgomery and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping centers nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!