“The Best Spot for Straits of Malacca” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #6 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Hong Kong, China
“The Best Spot for Straits of Malacca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for 4 nights, as part of our long weekend getaway from Hong Kong.

The hotel is well situated next to the Jetty, a short walking distance to all the major attractions and shopping malls (Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan). There is also regular shuttle bus service available from the hotel.

The first room that we got was on the 11th floor with city view. However, we felt it pretty noise with the morning traffic. After we reported this to the reception, we were offered a different room on 10th floor with the Straits view, which was quieter but not quite inspiring.

On level 3, there's an infinity pool but it's often packed with family and children. This may be the ideal place for relaxation. Alternatively, we chose to visit the Tea Tree Spa. There was a weekend offer for free express facial with any massage of 90 minutes booked. The treatment was pretty good and we will definitely recommend it after a long day wandering around.

The hotel also offers various dining discount on site. We had a dinner one night at Sirocco Restaurant at the lobby level. It is great if you want some good pasta and wood fire oven pizza. If you want a quick drink, the bar next door is the best option. The manager Henry is very friendly.

All is all, it is a decent hotel - this may not be a luxury option but have everything you will need for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear TravelGeekz,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am very grateful for your kind words and it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts and commitment in delivering our promise. At Holiday Inn, we always strive for continuous improvement.

We would like to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Melaka again in not too distant future.

1,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was down in Melaka for a friends wedding, fiancee was her bridesmaid, decided to try Holiday Inn Melaka, stayed in a few hotel Melaka, this can qualify as average, great location , looks grand from the outside, but the room condition can be better i guess,
Overall its a decent stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Shah B,

Thank you for giving us the pleasure to host you recently and taking the time to review our hotel. Although I would have preferred you had a better stay, I am pleased with your kind comments regarding your overall experience. We will certainly use your feedback to improve on our rooms so we can provide you with an exemplary stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice modern hotel. Rooms in good condition. Everything works. Helpful and professional staff. This is how a Holiday Inn is supposed to be.

The location is a bit off the main tourist area. But the upside is quietness and privacy. The ample parking is a strong point (especially given the state of traffic in Melaka and narrow streets around Jonker). Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear waiwingtaialbert,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to learn that our service met up to your expectation. We strive to deliver the best service and ensure guest leaves the hotel with sweet memories.

Please do not hesitate to visit our website to look for special offers the next time you return to Melaka. We would like to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Melaka in not too distant future.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Holiday inn is one of the more expensive hotel in melaka but i didn't regret my choice. Just the service @ check in had won me over - prompt, extremely friendly and professional, welcome drinks and buttery cookies for those who are queueing.

Service @ spa was great too - patient and professional with gd product knowledge. Not to forget the service of staff @ the F & B outlets and conceirge - extremely friendly and prompt.

The quality of food and drinks are wonderful (@ bar lounge). We even takeaway sandwiches after checking out. Breakfast was a gd spread though not the best.

Room was of a gd size - clean and constantly being refurbished (according to my friend who's a regular and noticed that carpet is always changed). Even the additional bed we asked for came with extra towel and toiletries.

Shuttle service is available to Jonker Street and Dataran pahlawan shopping centre.

My only complaint would be the distance to the shopping area - after exiting from backdoor of Mahkota shopping centre, one would have to cross the busy roads leading to highway before reaching Holiday Inn hotel. You would need guts and patience to cross these busy lanes.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear satoyuriko,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am please to read your excellent review. I am glad that you are satisfied with the hotel and the service we provided. Your excellent review has been shared among the team and this has been a motivational factor to our team to provide excellent service to our valued guests.

Guests’ safety is our main priority and hence, we discourage guest to cross the busy road. Alternatively, we provide shuttle service for all guests which operates daily.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melaka in not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Back again for the second time since our last visit in May 2013 with 2 other families. The service and experience has remained very good with friendly and helpful staff at the check in and through out our nights stay. Due to some problems with the bathrooms of 2 of the normal rooms for our of families when we checked in last Wed evening, we were upgraded to the presidential suite as replacement without additional cost, that was really a blessing! wow, it was such an expected outcome...the kids in our group were completely overwhelmed when they stepped into the suite.

The rooms were well maintained and clean. We used the gym for 2 mornings and had breakfast (enjoyed the silky bean curd "dou hua") on the day of checked out. Everything just worked out well for our group of 12. We should be back again on our next visit to Malacca!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear 9357MarkY,

I am pleased to learn that you and your group had enjoyed your stay with us. I feel that it is always a combination of passion, dedication, hard work, and being in the right place at the right time in providing great service to our valued guests. I believe that with your compliments, it has added value to our staff morale and motivates them to serve you and your group better in your next visit.

I look forward to your next return in not too distant future.

Kl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i've never had such a fast and smooth, hassle-free check-in and check-out. the reception staffs were very friendly and remarkably efficient in their job. we were sponsored a room with king size bed for attending a conference but we call up offer to pay for additional extra bed since bringing family along, but before we check in, reception staffs already automatically upgraded it to a room with a queen and a single bed.
room was very clean and it was so spacious. i like the fresh scent of the room and the light background music. the bed and pillows were so comfy even my 2y old daughter liked it so much.
the location is pretty convenient and view was good. we got to see the melaka river, menara and maritime museum from our room and on the saturday night we've seen the best fireworks up the melaka river!

probably the only few things the hotel could improve shall include activating the room pass security system in the lifts because the carpark is not gated and via the carpark you can directly enter the lift up to every floor which post me some safety concern. and if we got to choose the complimentary newspaper it would be great because not all occupants prefer english paper.

overall well done i will come back again definitely

Room Tip: get the front desk staffs help they are extremely considerate
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Bee hong S,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad to know that you have a great stay with us. At Holiday Inn Melaka, we work towards a common objective which is to deliver our promises of “Great Hotels Guests Love”. Every day is a new opportunity for us to make improvements and innovation. Hence, your comments had been taken into consideration and will look into plans for continuous improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melaka soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Picked this hotel as Hatten was fully booked and paid a higher price for a standard room expecting holiday inn to be of a higher standard.. but I was wrong.
1. Lift took the longest ever to go up or down. During breakfast, I stood for 10 mins just to wait for my turn to go up.
2. I ordered a roti prata and the chef who was preparing it was looking after the oven behind him as well. I saw him wore a very dirty brown glove to remove the stuff from the oven and then took off the gloves without washing his hands and started rubbing the eggs onto the prata and etc...the gloves were obviously ysed for handling hot stuff and doesnt looked like it has been washed ever... gross to the max.
3. Breakfast is a mess with inadequate crowd control and most stuff were empty with refills not done.
4. When I checked in, the front desk mgr gave me my room cards and when I checked, it was for a club room. I thought I was given an upgrade and asked. But the lady gave a shocked face and took away my cards and kept telling her staff "no club no club". Come on... its just holiday inn... I don't think your club room is anything heavenly, the attitude is uncalled for.
5. The location makes traveling to shopping area tedious as the road in front can be very busy and dangerous.
6. On check out, I was given a drink while awaiting for my friends. As my transport arrived, I wanted to hand the glass to the lady sitting at a small desk near the door. She actually told me to bring it back to the bar at the other end.. ( knowing that I am carrying my heavy bag and rushing out!) I walked over and halfway, decided to pass the glass to the desk manned by the bellboy. The bellboy took it after I asked him. At this minute, I turned and there I saw the same lady turning to stare at me... I mean, if she is so free to stare, can't she take the glass?! I could have left it on the floor like other guests, but I decided to return it. So much for being helpful!

The experience is really bad and for that price, It doesn't deserve a return visit.... no wonder it was one of the few hotels that were available during this holiday season...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Kenji0710,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Melaka? Share your experiences!