“Good as always...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Singapore
“Good as always...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This trip, we chose to stay only here, and nowhere else. Holiday inn was full, but never fails to deliver. For our first time at least, there were even cookies for all guests, given at the lobby, a sheer pleasure to the kids. Only area where the staff can improve is to be more aware of the situations in the news. We had read so much of dengue in Melaka, but when we asked the staff, they don't even understand what our question was. One answer I got was classic: "we are in tourist area, so you don't have to worry!!!" Eh, does holiday inn sell special insect repellents that only tourists can buy? Haha! We sprayed ourselves thoroughly regardless, and did not let the mozzies spoil our holiday nor the time at the hotel! Keep it up!

Room Tip: Book v v v v early if you want the family suite. Only three in the hotel I am told!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn as your preferred hotel in Melaka and for taking the time to share your recent feedback.

Your review has further motivated us to stay focus and devote our efforts in delivering exemplary service to our guest. We look forward to having you back in the near future and I encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay.

Once at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

1,066 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

After spending time in the Hustle n Bustle of KL we headed down the Melaka for a few days of relaxation. The staff at the Holiday Inn were very helpful an accommodating and nothing was too much of an effort. The rooms were comfy and well sized, shopping centres across the road, great buffet breakfast and a pool, sauna and gym to finish it all off. Very happy with my stay and would stay their again if i happen to find myself in that neck of the woods again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at the Holiday Inn Melaka with us.

I am grateful for your kind words and excellent review. I believe such positive feedback will only reinforce our purpose and passion in delivering exemplary service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

For your next visit, please book direct from our website to enjoy great savings off your stay. While at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our first stay at the hotel, and we were not disappointed by the service, cleanliness, comfort and the amenitites of the property.

I was arriving with relativly low expectations as I tried contacting the hotel via email a couple of times prior to my visit and I did not recieve any reply from them. But all that changed the minute I entered the compound. I was riding (a motorcycle) from Singapore, and entered the carpark, but could not find the appropriate location to park my vehicle. We enquired with the security personnel on duty and he was most helpful. He directed us to the location, and even walked (it was on a different level) to the place to make sure I was not lost. We were immediately impressed with the level of care shown by him, which gave me a huge boost in the confidence of the security (and safety) of my vehicle.

We then proceeded to check-in. We were booked for 2 nights in the King Bed Straits View (non-smoking level). Unfortunately, we arrived at 12 in the afternoon and the room was not ready. We were told to come back at 2pm. In all honesty, we were informed of the check-in time of 2pm so being asked to come back at a later time was neither a surprose nor a great inconvienience (although it would have been awesome to have been able to check-in a littler earler). We took their free shuttle service down to Jonker Street and arrived back at the hotel after 2pm. Upon arriving to the room, we were pretty disappointed by the lack of a "Straits View" (we were on the 4th floor of the hotel and all we could see was the rooftop of the pool). We went down to the reception to get a change of room, but the only available room they had left was on the smoking level (in this day and age, I believe that hotels should follow the examples of most airlines and do without the smoking levels). Apart from the smell of stale smoke, the room had a better view (which we paid a little extra for), the bed was comfy, the toilet was nice (although it didnt have a bath tub) and clean.

We went by the pool (which was beautiful!) but noticed that the picture which they used for the marketing collateral is sorely outdated. The unobstructed sunset view touted in the pictures is gone. There is currently reclamation works and a building being built which has obstructed the once magnicificent view. Apart from those two small hiccups, the rest of the stay was wonderful.

The front office staff were always smiling, the concierge staff were very helpful (except maybe one of them, not sure if he was the supervisor or the assistant manager, he wore a slightly different uniform from the rest of the staff, he was a quite abrupt and non-chalant, but I am judging the level of service of the department as a whole). Special mention to the lady manager/supervisor of the restaurant though. We enquired about the buffet breakfast (not bad for RM25 a person) and she was extremely helpful. She even remembered us the next morning and came past the table to say hi (impressive).

Overall, our experience with this hotel has been very positive. We will definatly be back again.

Room Tip: Make sure to utilize the free transport services to and from Jonker street
Dear Valued Guest,

It is disheartening for me to learn about the hiccups which you encountered during your stay. But please rest assured that I had personally looked into the matters to avoid future recurrences. Your kind words fueled our passion to strive and seek for continuous improvement.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having been to Melaka a couple of times and this is the first time I'm staying in this hotel. Distance is a little bit far from the rest of the area and there is a busy highway that you need to cross in order to reach the nearest mall. Carpark is excellent and plenty of parking lots available.
What amazed me is the friendliness and attentive attitude of the staff, in particular Mr Zariz, whom I later realise that he is the front office manager.
Room is great and IMO cleaner and newer than the other hotels that I've stayed in Melaka. I had the sea view room but frankly the view isn't fantastic. The buffet breakfast is normal and nothing much to shout about.
I had an enjoyable stay and I would like to point out again that the customer service and the attitude of the front desk staff are 1 of the best in the country.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, but don't have to choose the sea view as I feel its nothing much impressive.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your recent feedback.

Your comfort is our main priority and I truly appreciate your feedback. Such feedback has motivated us to strive and seek for improvement and deliver our promises of ‘Great Hotels, Guest Love’.

We do provide shuttle services which operate from 10am to 10pm daily. Hence, I recommend all our patrons to use these shuttles during their stay and not to compromise their own safety by crossing the busy highway.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Check-in is very efficient.
Porter transporting luggage is fast enough.
In-room dining unfortunately there is no way to provide pizza, but pasta, sandwiches, tiramisu are good, if the hot food hotter will be better.
Concierge provide maps, asking all cordial reply. But when we make a reservation of taxi to bus sentral costing $ 25, the official price is $ 20 when we arriving, not be told first is a small drawback.
Restaurant waitress automatically ask coffee or other.
Check-out is polite, asking to fill a questionnaire and the overall score.
Overall, people have smile and are friendly.

Booking through booking.com, the overall quality is fairly good deal, right from the price.

Sleep Quality
There are two options of pillows, and quilts are quite soft.
There is a little flawed of sound, you can hear the sound of the other rooms, not annoying us.

Cleaning and Hygiene
Very clean, interior and furniture is new.
Flavor is very strong, perhaps because smoking floors shall overshadowed smoke, not unpleasant taste is acceptable.
Ventilation of Bathroom is ordinary, it could be better.

Location
First row facing the sea, the height is high enough, the landscape is very good.
From the urban ring, monuments, night markets, shopping malls walking are acceptable, but there is no crosswalk across the main road a bit dangerous.

Comfort
There are advantages about offering conditioner, body lotion. Sufficient number of plugs. Rainfall shower is comfortable. Sensitive enough to adjust the air temperature.
The disadvantage is no razors, cotton swabs, comb, it need to requested. No matches in the smoking room.

Breakfast
There are plenty of style.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I am grateful with your kind words and meaningful review. At the same time, it is regrettable for me to know about the shortfalls during your stay. Please rest assured that I look into those matters with my respective departments to avoid future recurrences.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka, please so visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

you have to stay in this place for an unforgettable experience

All the staff are the most courteous in my 40 years of 5 star hotel stays,(except for SOUTH AMERICA, have stayed in HOTELS in all the other continents.

Room Tip: the receptionists are ALL very well versed-take their suggestions go for the straits view rather...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Your powerful comments will always be remembered by the team as it fuels us to deliver our promises to our esteemed guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The booking system allowed me to reserve successfully 3 rooms even when the hotel was full during that particular period. The staff called me to apologize and they took all efforts to compensate for the mistake. They put us up at Equatorial Hotel Club rooms for the first night and transferred us back to Holiday inn again for the second night. We were also treated to a complimentary high tea buffet upon arrival. The hotel was very sincere in compensating the little boo-boo occurred.

The buffet spread for the high tea and breakfast was quite impressive with a mixture of local and western delights. Rooms were comfortable and modern, we always stayed in Holiday inn and know what to expect from the hotel. Great and friendly service from the staff too, especially the lady who greeted us upon our arrival and the gentleman at the Lounge who arranged transport for us to the Nyonya restaurant.

As mentioned before, always our first choice in Malacca..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Melaka? Share your experiences!