“Cosy place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heeren Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melaka
Heeren Inn
You added Heeren Inn to your Saves list
23, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Melaka 75200 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cosy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Reasonable price for what we got.

The bathroom sink was a bit small but that wasn't much of a bother. My family of 4 took the family room and the beds were comfortable and clean.

The ceiling and walls in some places need a bit of a paint job, it looks like it leaks when it rains. The guy at the counter was not the friendliest though...

But all in all we had a wonderful nights sleep, and the place was clean and homey.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have a long window on the corner. If you open it, people can see inside your room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Randers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

For the price it seems like a pretty good option.
We also slept very fine due to the rooms in the back, that had no noise from the street.
The service was professional poleight, but nothing more.

We could stay here again, but I dont think that we would return to Melaka.
The city seems to be pretty overrated.
But taste is different!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Volgograd, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Malacca is a fantastic destination in Malaysia. The city is well known for its historical center, listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. To experience Malacca the best way, we always make sure we stay at a guesthouse near Jonker Street.

Parallel to the popular Jonker Street there is Heeren Street with many guesthouses for travelers with various budgets. Hotel Heeren Inn is a decent guesthouse where you can have a room for less than RM100 per night. The location of the hotel is perfect; you reach Jonker Street after a 2 minute walk. We stayed there for two nights (check in 04/11/2010) and had a room at the back of the hotel. Rooms are quite basic, but have all that is needed for a few nights stay in Malacca. All are air-conditioned. Toilet room is tiny; the shower, sink and toilet are all packed in tiny area. Communal fridge and hot water are available on the ground floor!

If you are traveling on a budget, then Heeren Inn might be the right hotel for you.

Room Tip: The room at the back of the hotel is biggest and it has a window.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We chanced upon this hotel while looking for another guesthouse with a similar name. After taking a look inside some of the rooms, we decided to camp here. At RM90 for a standard double bed, it cannot get better than this. We got a very clean room,albeit a little small, with fresh towels and bed sheets. The bathroom was also quite clean with hot shower and good water pressure at all times. The AC was a bit too powerful so remember to ask for an extra blanket.
Contrary to one of the reviewers who complained about smoking everywhere - we noticed that this hotel was smoke-free (so were most of the streets in Melaka).Overall, I would rate this as a good, no-frills hotel, ideal for a 2 night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My family of 3 stayed from Aug 30 to Sep 1, 2011 in the family room. Henry and Marica are warm and excellent hosts. Inn is in the center of Melaka's tourist core area. Given the lack of quality accommodations in Melaka, would recommend Heeren Inn. (Holiday Inn is a bit too far from the tourist areas, and a brand new luxury property, Rio de Casa, is located next to the Melaka river, are other alternatives.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Colombia, S.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I chose this place after Da Som didn't deliver on what it says it offers.

I took the room with the king size bed, room 103, for RM100 - there was a smaller room for RM90, but I figured the bigger bed would do me better - I'm 6'2". Wifi, very strong, was included in the price. The owner turns it off from 11:30 pm until around 7:30 in the morning.

A few things about other reviews: It's true, the beds are way too soft. I woke up a few times every night with back pain, as to turn on my side. The owner is not a very friendly man, don't expect a warm welcome and a hug, but he's not mean either; he just gets right down to business & to the point. Not much for small talk or hospitality, but if there's a problem, he'll fix it, and if you need advice, he'll give it. One thing that bothered me about him, as in all of Malaysia, he smokes (like 98% of Malaysian men) EVERYWHERE, like a fiend: In the lobby, around the hotel, you name it - even while holding his infant child - I thought by 2011 most of the world would understand how bad this is, but I guess not. It's supposed to be unlawful to smoke in any building in the heritage site area, but no one seems to care. I travelled for a few days to Singapore and was coming back to this hotel for one more night, he offered to hold my bag while I was gone, I decided against it because I didn't want my things smelling like a dirty ashtray. I appreciated the gesture though. If you're a smoker, Malaysia is your paradise-almost as bad as Vietnam. Ironic, while I was there the huge souvenir market in front of the maritime museum was gutted by fire no doubt due to market stall owners who are also careless/numbskull smokers breaking the law. Hope this makes the police actually begin to enforce the law, but I doubt it.
TV in Malaysia is the worst on the planet, and in this hotel it's no exception. I stayed in 5 hotels throughout the country, and it's always the same - horrible on every channel, and there are only 4 or 5 channels anyway. There's a TV in the room, but totally pointless unless you are from Malaysia or China.

A few more things about this hotel - the bathroom, and especially the bathroom sink, were ridiculously small (see pic) - I had to sit sideways on the toilet when I did my business, as my legs wouldn't fit between the toilet and the wall - and a small fridge would have been a nice plus for the money as well. If you stay on Thursday, Friday or Saturday, the adjoining bar/restaurant next door plays pretty loud music until midnight. The law allows this, not the owner's fault, but something you should know. Also, on my last night, I could hear everything that was going on upstairs from my room, not sure if it was a heavy, clumsy person or the floor/ceiling is very thin, but it's pretty loud.

The location can't be beat. It is less than a 2 minute walk to Jonker's street, and about the same to the town square/church area, but it's on a side-enough street where it's not too noisy. AirCon worked very well.

I took the owner up on the offered a RM160 taxi ride to LCCT terminal, as my flight was at 7 am. Driver was there at 3 am and the ride was smooth, no problems there, just make sure if you do this confirm with the owner - he thought I had told him 3 in the afternoon - so confirm confirm confirm.

I would stay here again if I ever went back to Melaka, definitely worth a look-see.

Room Tip: Lower level and off the street, if possible
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Ariona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Unfortunately, the hotel is not a three star. We had a clean undersheet, but only dirty already many times used light blankets to cover ourselves. We had a superior room. Room was next to a loudspeaker form the beer terrace next door. noise incredible until mid night. Manager was nice enough to give us another room, but only after we complained enough times. There was also a hole int he cieling that water leaked through unto the floor, when it had rained. Overall, this hotel needs a major clean up! Especially, clean sheets instead of dirty blankets!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Heeren Inn? Share your experiences!