“Outstanding Budget-Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terra Nova Hotel

Save Saved
You added Terra Nova Hotel to your Saves list
Terra Nova Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29, Jalan Ksb 11, Taman Kota Syahbandar, Kota Laksamana, Melaka 75200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #33 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Outstanding Budget-Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm not an easily pleased person but I've got to say, this hotel is outstanding!

Rooms are slightly small for a family of 3 but for it's value, can't complain. Bathroom is sizable though, with strong water pressure and perfectly hot shower.

Excellent staff, particularly the night car park attendant. He ensures we park in front of the hotel vicinity to ensure safety (although there were many spots nearby) and even asked us if we locked our car. We stayed 2 nights and on both nights he displayed outstanding values for an economical hotel (better than some 5 stars that I've stayed!)

Excellent housekeeping staff too, for the superb tidying our rooms. They change the sheets daily! (not every economical hotel does this based on my own test). On both nights, I'm welcomed by an inviting fragrance each time I enter my room.

Very well done. I'm a frequent visitor to Malacca and have tried out a good number of hotels. The next time though, I know I won't have to try out another, am definitely a returning customer!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
dylan5273, Manager at Terra Nova Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued and I will make sure that these positive comments from you will reach our housekeeping staff and the car park attendant as well. It would be our pleasure to have you back at our property again.

Thank You very much for your time.

Kind Regards,

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Thr room is clean and full of facilities. Besides, the staffs are polite and willing to answer any of the questions. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the service and the room. I will still choose this hotel for my next mrlaka trip. The only thing thst I wish to voice out is about the unavailable of breakfast. Breakfast is not provided by thr hotel and this make me to feel suffer of what to est early in the morning.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Terra Nova Hotel, it's our pleasure to have you in our hotel. I would like to personally apologize to you because of the inconvenience due to our restaurant is still under renovation. And the breakfast will be provided as soon as possible. Once again, we thank you for your comment and we are looking forward to have you as our guest again in the future.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Nice place and good view locations. Value for money. Will come back again. Staff also good and friendly. Just there is no hotel restaurant inside. Mybe next time will do because the hotel still new. Hotel also near some attractions place.

• Stayed December 2013
dylan5273, Manager at Terra Nova Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We very much appreciate your kind words, and positive feedback. And for your information, our hotel will provide breakfast for every guest who stay with us and the breakfast is FOC. It would be our pleasure to have you back at our property soon.

Once again, thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

-the room is clean and new
-amenities and facilities is good
-location near to tourist attraction point
-food is not a problem there

sorry what did not like is the room which i stayed the window curtains are not long enough as you can see inside from outside the window especially at night when the room light is on.

Room Tip: do not take the rooms with windows facing front of the hotel if there is no other option check the c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your comments. It was nice to read the mostly positive review, and I apologize for unnecessary annoyances that you had also noted. We had made an improvement on that room that you mention, and we’re looking forward to being of service to you again soon.

Once again, I thank you for your comment.

Kind Regards
Dylan

Been to Terra Nova Hotel? Share your experiences!