“"Serendipity too" we'd add” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jonkerdee Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melaka
Jonkerdee Hostel
You added Jonkerdee Hostel to your Saves list
25A, Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/2, Taman Kota Laksamana, Melaka 75200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #1 of 67 Specialty Lodging in Melaka
London, United Kingdom
“"Serendipity too" we'd add”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are in Malaysia at the invitation of our daughter and son-in-law who has been residing in Kuala Lumpur for almost a year now. Our son-in-law has been posted here on his new assignment. This is really our first trip out of the country!

After spending two weeks with them, they decided it was time for us to do some travelling on our own. Carol (our daughter) took it upon herself to find the proper accommodation that would most of all take good care of us and was looking through several options when she accidentally found it on TripAdvisor.
After making the connection and enquiries from the establishment concerned, which she claims was a happy discovery, she immediately arranged for a taxi that would drive us directly the next day from Kuala Lumpur to Malacca and drop us right at the doorstep of the Hostel called Jonkerdee. As this is our first trip ever, she assured us that Jonkerdee Hostel would take good care of us.
She only called to verify our arrival and then once more when we were to depart whereby we told her we were extending our stay by another two nights. Her response was "Didn't I tell you Jonkerdee Hostel would take good care of you?"

Here's our part. We can't dispute but we can endorse that Jonkerdee Hostel has indeed that "wow' factor. There is also one other factor it has and that is "Serendipity"
It was serendipity that brought us to the discovery of this hostel (just as our daughter had claimed).
Serendipity is that faculty of making happy discoveries by accident.

Since the time we stayed at Jonkerdee Hostel and at Andre's (the owner's) advice, motivation and encouragement to take chances and opportunities we'd never taken before, travel on roads we've never travelled before and more, every accidental and what could have been an 'unpleasant' experience had in fact turned out to be a happy discovery.

The accidental discovery our daughter made with TripAdvisor was itself, we'd say the first "serendipity" effect we encountered and experienced.
Sounds like every review written and posted about Jonkerdee Hostel on TripAdvisor have their own Serendipity story to tell.

The photographs/pictures of this Hostel for viewing on TripAdvisor is indeed a delightful and happy discovery. too. We want to say that there's everything going for Jonkerdee Hostel:-
great location, lots of ethnic restaurants around, star attraction sites and shopping complexes all within walking distance, car parking lots, less congestion and traffic, safe surroundings, etc, etc, even great ranking ( not to mention great reviews) on TripAdvisor.

Within the Hostel itself, there is nothing lacking, not the sleeping conditions, the breakfast served, the cleanliness all around, the ambience/atmosphere, the noise level (peaceful and tranquil) and other concerns like mosquitoes, stale air, dank and moldy walls, etc, are all out of mind's way and worry.

The amenities provided by this Hostel as outlined on TripAdvisor also keep to their promises.

We plan a day trip visit to Malacca again (with our daughter and son-in-law) after Christmas and we were hoping to give Andre a courtesy call, if it's all right by him. We promise not to take much of his time. We'd be flying back within the first week of the New Year, 2015.

In the meantime, Our warmest and best wishes to Andre and Good luck and success to Jonkerdee Hostel.

Room Tip: The dormitories are separated by curtains and though there are no notices or signs reminding 'in...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir and Madam,

Once again I'm flabbergasted!. However I shall not let you down, although I merely provided lip service (words of encouragement and inspiration), perhaps also, helped you find your way around to the places I recommended you should visit and things you should do when in Malacca. The rest you did it on your own.

You honour me too much! yet I thank you for your opulent and colossal review of Jonkerdee Hostel. Personally, I feel we should thank your daughter, Carol and your son-in-law for the encouragement you received from them to make this first overseas trip. Next followed their second attempt of encouragement for you to travel in a foreign country all on your own, just you and your charming wife to a destination you've probably vaguely heard of and to a Hostel you probably never knew existed.

I also think you should take credit, pride and honour for yourselves for not developing 'cold feet'. Several people I know of in a situation like yours did develop this symptom. You and your wife instead took it in great stride and moved forward to face whatever challenges you'd have to come up against. Bravo! I'd say.

You also mentioned not of your valuable insight and feedback you shared with me on how I could further enhance and feature my business property. You are truly a Gentleman and your wife a Lady.

I'd be honoured to have you call on me again in December and honoured still to meet your good hearted daughter, Carol and your son-in-law in person that I may personally thank them
too.
To you and your wife, do I simultaneously owe a great deal of thanks and gratitude.
God bless you, your charming wife, your daughter and your son-in-law and the entire family!

Warmest and best regards, too.
Andre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We have six weeks and so we decided to take a family vacation in Malaysia commencing during Malaysia's Independence Day known as "" Merdeka". My wife being a Malaysian having come from Penang Island was all nostalgic and patriotic about the whole affair.

She had specifically set her sights on Malacca (to begin with) as the Proclamation of Malaya's Independence was made at the Padang Pahlawan or Warrior's Field situated in Malacca.

She also had her sights set on a Hostel called Jonkerdee in Malacca as our choice of accommodation.
I'm a spendthrift person while my wife is prudent, so I had my reservations and scepticism about staying in a Hostel. Yet from day 1(one), since she stumbled upon Jonkerdee Hostel which is listed on TripAdvisor and viewed all the photographs and pictures of this hostel posted on TripAdvisor, she had been "enchanted" and I'd even go so far as to say "bewitched" by what she had seen and read the reviews concerning this Hostel.

My children( 3 daughters) and I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't have it no other way and seemed like she was under "Jonkerdee's spell". She convinced us, we would all have one of the best experiences, so liberating and so intoxicating as she summarises it.

We ( my children and I) eventually relented for we thought that she'd change her mind after the first night's stay. It in fact was just the opposite as my children and I were so taken back by the pristine scenes so tantalising before our eyes that my children and I echoed in unison the word "Wow" and that changed our perception of Jonkerdee Hostel as it is indeed an "enchanting" and "bewitching" Hostel.

Upon our arrival itself we were made so welcome and treated with great respect and honour that we were stunned and to be honest we chided ourselves for thinking that only great hotels with great names and status would be able to justify the satisfaction and top notch service we craved for.
We couldn't complain as there was nothing to complain about. Our rooms were like a figment of our imagination. Even our imagination couldn't have ventured that far. The rooms were like a mystical and fantastical dream and they were comfortable with a sense of tranquility. We slept peacefully through the night.

Consequently, when you come out of your room to mingle with the other guests and with the Host, you'll sense that 'aura of peace and lightness of heart' present everywhere within the boundaries of this quintessential Hostel called Jonkerdee that's so emboldened and emblazoned with the "Wow" factor from the design, artistic creativity, atmosphere, warmth and service and all around.

The city of Malacca and all its appeal added and contributed to our joys and fun we had as a family taking a long and well deserving break from work and house chores.

The owner, Andre makes a wonderful, amazing and outstanding Host. Conversations with him were profoundly and intellectually stimulating! He happens to be a well and highly learned, widely travelled and worldly experienced Individual. A man with a 'vision' and wise in his approach.

We owe a great deal of thanks and appreciation to Andre, Jonkerdee Hostel and TripAdvisor for this wonderful, bizarre yet wholesome and stellar vacation.
Viva Jonkerdee, Viva Malacca!!!

Room Tip: We took two rooms, the lovely double bedroom that resembles a hanging garden, beautifully decorated...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

I'm lost for words except to reciprocate with the word "Wow" itself.
You see I know what it had taken you to do and how hard it was for you to even think about having to stay in a Hostel, particularly when it goes against your 'style' and when you're so use to staying at great Hotels with great names and status!

In accepting to stay, you showed Jonkerdee Hostel and myself (the owner) great and genuine respect, confidence and trust by your brave 'move' from great luxury to accepting what might seem like three, perhaps four steps below your level of standards.

Prominent among these is the fact that you showed your greatest and genuine love, respect, confidence and trust in your wife's decision and choice of accommodation.

In my book of good characteristics, you not only possess but also earned that "wow" factor, that you yourself are so generous to impart. I had the joy of witnessing ( during your stay) the 'traits' of your goodness - a good man, a good husband and a good father. Id even dare to go so far as to say you are a good son to your parents and a good brother to your siblings.

I owe you more than thanks and appreciation that only the good 'Lord' can give and I wish you and your family God's Blessings!

Finally, since you like surprises, I might just take you up on your offer and visit you and your family in Vancouver, Canada, someday, in the not so distant future. Now wouldn't that be a surprise when I come knocking on your door???!!!

Warmest regards,
Johor, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

A nice place to stay, price is reasonable and the boss is friendly. He treats every of his guest very nice and we do have the feeling of being at home. Another thing is that the design of this hostel is really really unique. The boss of the hostel have displayed all sort of unique souvenirs which he bought from other countries whenever he traveled to making the hostel with a special, creative and can say that it is "one and the only one".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Hi Epc!

Now I finally have the opportunity to thank you, twice!
The first being for the very 'warm and fondly' hand written review you left me in my Guest Review/Comment Book available to all my guests at the Hostel.
Secondly is for the equally warm and fondly 'posted' reviews of Jonkerdee Hostel on TripAdvisor

I hope that you and your friends will always cherish your friendship and moments spent together and that the reminiscence of your delightful stay at Jonkerdee will forever be etched in your memories.
Good luck and all the best to you and your friends, too!

Warm regards,
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

It took us by surprise, this particular Hostel.
Long after sunrise, wondering around
who could tell, when we stumbled upon this person
who recommended we stay at Jonkerdee Hostel.

We took his advice and it turned out we were wise
We were there at the door and rang the bell
Oh! what a surprise!
He was really a cute guy!
We made not a fuss about the price
For it was indeed a good buy!

We were pleased and excited with our room
Need we say why?
Well, alright, it was neat and well groom
We owe alot to the cute guy
He made our stay worth the while
With each day that went by.
We left the hostel by dawn and walked for miles
And returned by dusk full of smiles

We were quite boisterous so to speak
But the cute guy, he was ever so sweet
Jonkerdee Hostel was a great "treat"
That's why it's worth more than just a "tweet"
Which we hope many of you would read

The best of accommodation we unanimously agree
It's hard to set a 'degree' for a Hostel that's a "pedigree"
Without a doubt we'd recommend
To all our 'traveller' brothers and sisters out there
Surprise yourself
Treat yourself
To Jonkerdee's Hostel or Housewarming
That's right there was never a time
We felt cold or out of place
In this Hostel that's more like a "home"
All our needs taken care of
We'd dare say it's better than our own

Comfortable room, comfortable beds
Comfortable dorm, comfortable space
Comfortable lounge, comfortable atmosphere
Comfortable feeling, comfortable "grace"
Comfort of comforts all the way

We should be embarrassed with ourselves
For taking advantage of our stay
But we couldn't resist ourselves
Like children (which we haven't been for a long time)
We wanted to play

The cute guy who goes by the name of Andre
Well he was also our host
He was "steady" nor did he fray
Instead he welcomed and 'seasoned' us with a "toast"
Of his homemade wine
Now that's what we call a great and accomplished Host!
He made everything seem all right and fine!

Mr, Andre Jonkerdee, we can't thank you enough but we had to respond someway or other.
This is our ode to you and your great Hostel!

Room Tip: Go for the Malacca Kampung style Dormitory. It can accommodate 4 persons and is spacious and origina...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
An 'Ode' for an 'Ode'

To my fair Guests of the Dawn and of the Dusk
Keeping you happy was part of my task
Happy too that you made not a "fuss"
Or I would have gone "bust"

You brought 'Joy' into Jonkerdee Hostel
That I'd almost forgot
For that I'd like to thank you a lot

For who could tell
That a bunch of 6 'Jovial'
would be ringing on my bell
'Guests' that I would not consider 'Trivial'

No Greater Satisfaction hath any Host
Than knowing that his Guest/s
Loved it Most!

Cheers!
Andre.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I used to walk past this Hostel with its signboard on which hangs a cage with a spotted dove in it (bird singing or bird voice competition category). Below is a patch of garden (cultured) that grows and there too, sits a cage but it houses a rabbit of the "Angora" breed of a rare colour of black, white and grey, long soft hair with a lion's mane around the neck or head originating from Ankara, turkey, historically known as Angora.
Inside the Hostel, you'll find a little pond with Koi and gold fish.

I would stop every time I came to this patch and gaze and admire this miniature garden. Occasionally too, I would peek into the interestingly decorated stairway leading up to the Hostel.
I guess I was one of those who mistook Jonkerdee as probably an expensive Hostel. But how wrong I was!!!

At other times, as a passer by I would see a gentleman wearing a straw hat, good looking and handsomely dressed watering this miniature garden.
Many a times we nodded and smiled at each other. Once the gentleman said "Hello, you must be a regular somewhere, seeing that you frequently pass this way". I replied, "Yes! I just seem to love the vegetarian restaurant, a few doors away from you"

You see, I am a British National, retired and every year I spend several months in Malaysia, most of it in Malacca and Penang.
This time however, after having read all the reviews about Jonkerdee Hostel on TripAdvisor
I decided against the norm and stayed at Jonkerdee, that many have described as fascinating, magnificent, outstanding, distinguished, very great and extraordinary!

I must say I am Impressed, amazed and filled with wonder. A lot of ingenuity and "soul" has been applied in making this place 'extraordinary'. What's even more amazing is, it's a "one-man show". The owner is also the manager and the host who welcomes you with his gracious and outstanding hospitality and service!
What a 'feat' to overcome and an achievement for the sake of his guests' comfort and reassurance (an amount of dedicated and diligent work you hardly find anywhere) even for those who have workers or staff working for them.

A lot has also been invested here and it's not just the monetary or material value involved but also creativity and artistry, vision and imagination, interests and ambition, courage and originality, effort and determination (in tireless and laborious work just keeping the place proper, clean, tidy and ticking around the clock), and of course the mostly Spiritual or Soulful part which is the "core" as you enter into the World of Jonkerdee!

My journey into the World of Jonkerdee happened when I took that decision and finally turned up at its door and rang its bell. The handsome gentleman with the straw hat soon appeared and spoke saying, "Good morning, how can I help 'Lady Passer-by'?

With that I ended up staying at Jonkerdee. What makes Jonkerdee Hostel unique is that almost everything has been given the "Midas Touch" by the owner. He has transformed the simplest of things into a magnificent "objet d'art" with his creativity and very special touch. Take for example all the furnishing in the hall, originally they would all have looked plain but with his special touch they now reflect the look of royalty.

There are "touches of Gold" objet d'art and intriguing gold ornaments, along with some gold coloured linen blended with intricately carved wooden objects and figurines tastefully and artistically scattered around creating a regal and royal look and atmosphere or ambience within its walls. I couldn't help but myself feel regal and royal, too. Regal and royal at a very, very affordable, inexpensive price.
It's not just the beauty of Jonkerdee that's attractive but also the great hospitality, ease and freedom within, approachable and smooth communication, open and borderless friendliness, top-notch guest service, safe and peaceful atmosphere and surrounding, affordable and inexpensive, unwavering smile and a warm welcome all add to Jonkerdee Hostel now being "tops" in my list.
What a small price (personally I felt) to pay for an enormous task and gesture of hard labour and superb service involved on the part of the owner/manager/host, a trinity (but all-in-one) indeed!
Certain aspects of this unique hostel reflects or resembles that of a Malay Sultanate Palace of the past that chronicles the Malay-Arab or Arab- Malay influence with curtained chambers, strewn with carpets of intricate designs/patterns on the floor, while glittering beaded curtains hang from above like of old. Another scenario reflects an interesting diorama hall depicting that of a modern day Sultan's Court or a Sovereign Court, a blend of the old Aladdin's lamp and the new.
The dormitories mainly reflect on the old Aladdin's lamp, while the private bedrooms reflect on the new.

I, too totally recommend Jonkerdee Hostel which is unique, vibrant and "full of energy"

Room Tip: The Raja Parameswara Chamber held my attention as it's a dormitory with two single beds. I thoug...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Greetings Janiz!
I guess I owe it partly to my miniature garden that you were so impressed with and admired when you walked past my Hostel. The other part I owe it to the many reviews on Jonkerdee Hostel posted by my other guests on TripAdvisor Site.

However none of these would have mattered if you hadn't (like you said) switched from your norm and decided to enter into the "World Of Jonkerdee" as you so nicely put it.
So thanks for taking that step, standing at my door and ringing my bell!

Just as you are amazed and filled with wonder over Jonkerdee Hostel and her contents, so am I filled with wonder over the contents of your heart, your spirit and your lovely gestures!!!
The sprinkling of your words "Touches of Gold" is now synonymous with the service provided by Jonkerdee Hostel.
Much appreciated and thank you so much!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Jonkerdee Hostel and Jonker Walk Melaka have a "star" or what we Malaysians call "bintang".
Andre is that star(bintang) at his own Hostel among his Guests and at Jonker Walk among the people.
He used to be quite regular at the local music scene in Jonker walk but due to his commitment to his business and other important and relevant issues, makes rare appearances these days.

We were fortunate to be his Hostel Guests the weekend that was and we had a 'blast' of our time at his Hostel and with him. He made our stay worthwhile and undeniably the best vacation we've ever had.

The Hostel took our breath away but it was Andre who took our hearts away. Andre is an angel and a gem and right from the start he kept us entertained and went out of his way to ensure we had the best of his hospitality. He is an exceptional person, a prolific and promulgate Host, skilled and efficient in his trade/business. Rarely have we seen or encountered such dedication and we considered ourselves fortunate to be his Guests at his Hostel.

He updated us with every kind of event or activity taking place during that particular weekend and when we heard he was himself going, we asked him if we might accompany him. Andre was only too pleased to oblige, having us tag along with him. Two other couples (with whom today are our good friends) staying at Jonkerdee Hostel then, also joined us.

It was actually the last weekend of the Lent season/period leading to Easter Celebration. If not for Andre, we probably would have missed much,like the spiritually uplifting experience held at the St. Peter's Church in Melaka. There were hundreds and hundreds of people congregated and gathered around the Church (inside and outside), all bearing gigantic candles, praying, worshiping and making as well as fulfilling vows while waiting for the procession to start - pallbearers carrying the statue of Christ lying on a stretcher or bed, followed by the statue of the Virgin Mary (standing upright), also carried by pallbearers. In the distance stood the Veronica on a raised podium as she unveils the scroll on which the image of Christ is imprinted.

There's so much that's happening here that it's hard to describe in detail, not to mention how lengthy my review would read.The experience stirred up our interests further and all along the way back we talked nothing but what we witnessed and how spiritually lifted we all felt.
Andre sure knows how to dress for the occasion. He had or wore on his back a shirt with uncanny resemblance to the lashes or stripes caused by whipping - the kind Christ bore on his bloody robe or tunic. Amazing!

The following night, we saw Andre all dressed up looking like a Spanish (male) Gypsy, ready to perform the "Flamenco" style of Spanish dance or the Latin American "Paso Doble music and dance. We stood in awe of this charming and dashing man who for a moment or two we couldn't believe was actually our very own Host and Owner of Jonkerdee Hostel where we were staying.

If you haven't guessed it by now, well of course we weren't going to miss out on this night, too! Naturally we accompanied him to one of the hottest music scene along Jonker Walk.
When we walked in, the crowd stirred and started talking and whispering among each other making references to him. When he eventually got to the dance floor, the crowd roared with excitement almost deafening the music that was being played.

It was a night like we've never had before nor will ever until we're back for more. It was 'wild' but restrained as everyone held on to their 'reins'. Andre however has a way of reaching out to people and soon many others took to the dance floor, dancing with him (as also very gently and effortlessly) he extricates himself from the group of dancers on the floor and eases his way, still dancing pausing a while at every table, contorting dance moves and expressions with agility and subtlety of his hands, feet and body. Very powerful and very entertaining indeed!

We were sad when we had to depart Jonkerdee, but we bring with us fond and unforgettable memories of Jonkerdee Hostel and her truly magnificent Host and Owner, Andre.

Jonkerdee abounds with love. You can feel it in the air and the love is two ways or two folds - love from and for the Hostel and love from and for Andre.

Thank you Andre! we are most grateful for that ":Easter Surprise". It was an offer we never would have anticipated,not even in our wildest dreams!!!. You have shown and taught us the blind side of humanity - that giving can be more rewarding than receiving, that putting your Guests' needs first before yourself or the Hostel and going or walking an extra mile or even forsaking what is rightfully yours for a good cause, whilst still ensuring your Guests' comfort and creating a "haven" condition and a memorable stay all point to you being who and what you are - a beautiful and wonderful human being. Stay forever that way!!

Yes! beautiful people like you, Andre, discover beautiful things!!! So on behalf of the other couple ( who requested we include them) we'd like to convey our love, admiration and utter respect to you.
Keep up the good work and lots of success and prosperity for you and your Hostel.

We'd definitely see you again. There's no other for us, except Jonkerdee when we visit Melaka, next.

Room Tip: We would have been happy to settle in one of the dormitory, especially the one that has all the imag...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello Andersvil,
Let me reassure you that your respect for me is reciprocated in the same manner from me to you. Actually you guys and quite frankly all my other guests are the "stars" at my Hostel.
Without all of you, I'd have nothing to gain!. You provide me with the "field" on which I can practice and hone in on my skills as an accomplished host.
So thank you all for the wonderful memories you leave me behind. Know for sure I treasure all these precious moments and memories of your stay at Jonkerdee.
I'd definitely love to see you again. Jonkerdee's door is always open!
Langkawi, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Up to 10 years ago I used to live in Malacca, now I live in Langkawi Island. My memories of Malacca are vivid since I grew up there. Therefore I'd like to walk through history by starting with Malacca.
Malacca- a sleepy hollow, as the inhabitants of Malacca love to call it. History is everywhere in Malacca,peeping out from corners. hinting truths from epitaphs, yet never really telling it. It is a town with a glorious past. About 5 centuries ago a Portuguese chronicler and frequent visitor said,"Whosoever holds Malacca, has Venice by the throat"

Even though preseny day Malacca, no longer holds the key to the trade by which Venice kept "the gorgeous East in fee", it still occupies the foremost place in the hearts of Malaysians.

The visitor to Malacca may find it difficult to visualise life behind the medieval fortress,500 years ago. But as he or she walks the narrow streets, visits old temples and churches, lingers among ancient ruins and epitaphs, Malacca's history begins to unfold and fall into place, Besides walking, trishaws are an excellent means of getting around in Malacca.The drivers know the sights and many of them speak understandable English, in which case they make fine guides.
Come to Malacca if you're curious to know more of its history and glorious past!

After enjoying your city sights, you may wish to experience the rich tapestry of Malaysia/Malacca's diverse culture in your travel destination programme that focusses on accommodation. Here's where Jonkerdee Hostel comes in.

On the outside( Malacca's surrounding) all the excitement of an adventure film, on the inside (Jonkerdee Hostel) all the finesse of affordable and distinguished luxury. Jonkerdee is a hostel that has just about everything a visitor/traveller would ever want - fascinating design and decoration, friendly and caring host, warm welcome and smile and the list goes on...................

Jonkerdee is a gem and could be likened to a gem stone, because choosing a gem stone is one of life's true pleasures. You should know that the single most important factor determining a gem's value is the cut and like Jonkerdee, this hostel is cut in the best possible scenario, a precise mathemathical formula for specific angles and proportions, ensuring like a gem stone, the hostel refracts and reflects light in a blaze of brilliance, sparkle and fire.

A unique tradition brought about by its creator and owner that probably never will be compromised.

My stay with Jonkerdee was a cut above the rest. Jonkerdee Hostel also brought a smile to my face and my good old days in Malacca!

Room Tip: The room on the right hand corner of the hall is like the "hanging gardens of babylon". T...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jonkerdee, Owner at Jonkerdee Hostel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hi Amanda!
Your review of Jonkerdee has simultaneously also brought a smile to my face when I reminisce on your stay at my Hostel.
I recall we had some great time recollecting on our individual adventures, sharing opinions, likes and dislikes, etc, etc.
Infact, I got to know a little more of Malacca from the 'feedback' I received from you on Malacca's glorious past and "secrets" which only a true, blue, Malaccan like you would probably have 'locked' in your "treasure chest".
Your happy stay at Jonkerdee and in Malacca is also my happiness.
So thank you!
Andre

Been to Jonkerdee Hostel? Share your experiences!