We travelled as a group of 40 for the Santa Cruz mass on Sunday. We have been using the Naza for a couple of years now. This year, amongst my family members who occupied in total 6 rooms, the following took place:-
1. My sister's room - phone out of order. Insisted and finally changed room.
2. My brother's room - unmade when we checked in - ants dropping from ceiling right to his bedspread. He went out for lunch while the staff tried to rectify the problem. Came back a couple of hours later and was told they can't solve the problem. Changed room.
3. My room unmade when we checked in. Went downstairs for lunch. Came back and decided to switch on the aircon before taking a shower. The noise from the aircon unit was horrendous. Called twice before maintenance came and rectified this problem. Finally went to have a shower. Water pressure so strong that shower head literally jumped out of socket and hit my leg. Could see that shower head was already faulty and water spewing out every which way wetting the entire bathroom. Had a shower very carefully making sure that water pressure was low whilst doing so. Still bathroom floor was so wet that I had to use my towel to wipe the floor so that my daughter does not slip.
When my daughter went to shower, she took out her towel and noticed makeup stains (foundation) all over the bottom. We used that to wipe the rest of the floor. Called housekeeping for towels. Housekeeping came in with 2 towels wanting to know what was wrong with the other 2. Explained the situation and she told me that she would inform maintenance about the shower-head.
Left the hotel at 6.30pm and still no sign of maintenance. Went down and informed reception to get it rectified by the time I returned.
Returned at 11pm and noticed straight away that soiled towers still on bathroom floor and shower head still not replaced. Called reception again and they finally sent a maintenance guy who had a spare shower head in this hand. He spent less than a minute replacing it.
Walls thin. Dubious characters in the hallway between 2 and 3 in the morning. Saw 2 guys loitering in the corridor. Finally, they went to a room opposite mine and knocked. A female opened the door to them looking both ways before closing the door.
A male guest from another room uses the corridor frequently to smoke and walks round the corridors to do so.
Went for breakfast buffet at the coffee house next morning. They forgot the juice and had to be reminded. Refilling was also very slow. Coffee and tea came mixed with sugar. Beverages without sugar or with less sugar had to be specially ordered. No sugar satchets available. They had to be dug out and because there were only 2 staff, this took quite some time. No teaspoons available for stirring the beverage. The cutlery drawer did not have any. They had to go somewhere else to get the teaspoons.
Not enough serving spoons for the dishes and therefore you could see when something in red was used to scoop up the salad dressing. Cereals with milk but again with no sugar. No separate soup spoon provided for the cereals. You had to use the spoon provided on your table. However, after having had your cereal, if you wished to go for the main dishes which were either porridge, 'nasi lemak' or salad or fruits, there were no extra cutlery for you. We had to resort to using the same cutlery over and over again.
Service was very bad!
Will definitely not use the hotel again. Despite the renovations, hotel rooms very badly maintained with stains on the carpets and rooms have become very shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Description Embracing the weary traveller after a day of exploring the historic sites of Malacca City. Hotel Sentral Riverview, located in the heart of Malacca City. With blend of polished charm rarely seen in hospitality, we offer something for everyone, be it a single traveller or a family of travellers. With our recently upgraded facilities and ample guest room accommodations, there is truly something for everyone. General Information If what you're looking for is a conveniently located hotel in Malacca / Melaka, look no further than Hotel Sentral Riverview Melaka. Only 2.9 km from the city center, the hotel's strategic location ensures that guests can quickly and easily reach many local points of interest. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Hotel Sentral Riverview Melaka is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, safety deposit boxes, elevator, coffee shop. The ambiance of Hotel Sentral Riverview Melaka is reflected in every guestroom. internet access - wireless (complimentary), internet access - wireless are just some of the facilities at your disposal. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient accommodations in Malacca / Melaka, make Hotel Sentral Riverview Melaka your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Sentral Riverview Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naza Hotel Melaka