“reasonable price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 156 Hotels in Melaka
Batam, Indonesia
“reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

i stayed there twice during my visiting to malacca. it's close the main attracting tourism object. all i needed to do was only making a step to reach them. no breakfast available, but i found no difficulties to have it cause many restaurant around the hotel. i think the price is reasonable if compared with the service

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

i visit malacca twice a year on biz & my team & i always stay at the trend hotel (it's our 2nd year now). it's close to all our favorite restaurants, within a reasonable (malacca weekend traffic) drive from jonker street & other worthwhile places to visit and of course the rooms are reasonably priced. the service is what you'd expect to get with the price that you pay. but definitely will come back again for our next trip to malacca.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

End of last year, 13-15 Dec 2011, I have a short trip in Malaysia for a medical treatment at Mahkota Hospital. I was staying at The Trend Hotel, Malacca. Everything seemed to be perfect. Until the 14th evening… I was out for a dinner at around 6:30pm, I left the door locked and I put the keys at the reception desk. I stepped out and ready to enjoy Malaysia at night.

There were 2 bags in my room, in which I put my belongings such as an Apple iPad, a Canon G12 digital camera, a mobile phone and a Louis Vuitton wallet with some Malaysian Ringgit, Indonesian Rupiah currency and some credit cards. Both of the bags were locked I ‘m sure.

When I got back to my room at about 9pm I checked my bags and I was surprised as the goods has disappeared! I directly reported it to the hotel receptionist. He said he would look at the footage from CCTV. After a moment, the officer said that they found no images recorded on the time between 6:30 – 9:00pm. No picture was visible in the CCTV. Then the hotel’s staff reported this incident to the owner of the hotel and local police.

The next morning I had to check out. I wanted to see the hotel owner before I left, but the staff said his boss was away. So, the case was unsolved...

I had nothing in my pocket then. No money, no credit cards. I am in other country… and I still had to pay some further expenses. I tried to call my friend in Indonesia and she gave me a contact I could ask for help. An Indonesian man worked in The Mahkota Hospital. I met and told him about the story. He was very nice and helpful. He helped me over my money problem. Thank you very much to Mr. Arsyad for helping me in this bitter experience.

I hope it won’t be happened to you all. Thank you.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
melaka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Hotel staf is rude. They not allowed u to go inside hotel after 9 pm. Need to check they claim as that old man say bharat ask to check. Check is ok but if u check until want to know what colour of our underwear what the hell is that??????

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Though the hotel location is that you need to walk
15min to Jonker street & to main attraction spots,

It's plus points are it's at an accessible street to,

- common coffee stores,
- near Pahlawan Mall,
- near bus stop (at carrefour) to board Buses to Meleka Sentral,
- near Newton food center;

For its budget pricing per night, i think its worth.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009
Port Dickson, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This seems to be one of the few hotels in Melaka where you can walk from your hotel to Banda Hilir without getting killed in traffic. The location just next to Mahkota Medical Centre, mean you can walk to Dataran Pahlawan, Mahkota Parade, A Famosa, Jonker Street etc etc....

We stayed in standard room (twin bed).The room quite small but still can fit all 4 of us.The room and toilet very clean. Cable TV, air-cond, mirror, hot water shower included. Wi-fi very clear at lobby area. They also have minimarket at lobby area, so you no need to find 7-eleven at night. The cafe still underconstruction, but a gew mamak stalls and restaurant just across the road. They also selling parking coupon (Melaka very strict about parking.Even Sunday u meed to pay for parking..huh!)

But at night, you can hear sound from outside. We also can heard TV sound from room next door. But what can u expect from budget hotel..

Overall, everything is good. Cost u only rm68/night