“Value for money RM230nett for a family room for 4 pax” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Sentral Melaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 20, Jln Tun Sri Lanang, Melaka 75100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #43 of 156 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money RM230nett for a family room for 4 pax”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked via agent, RM230 nett comes with breakfast. Limited varieties of breakfast but I am light eater so I am fine with it. Connecting room with my sister and free wifi inside room as well.
Fast check in and check out and willing to extend late check out till 1pm for us.
Fast room service to replenish towel and toiletries to us.
But night time quite noisy from the nearer traffic and the toilet water sound.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Kuching, Sarawak
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been to Melaka many times, but this is the first time I check into this hotel with friends from my hometown. We were on our way to Singapore, thought we stop over for a night. Check in was quick, staff at the reception were helpful when we asked for directions to walk to Jonker street.
We returned to our rooms after spending the whole afternoon browsing the town.
That's when we discover we had problems with the air conditioning in both rooms. It was so hot, you only feel the fan not the cool air. I called the reception and they send a technician over to check the air con. After he left, we don't find there's any improvement to the temperature. We called the reception again. Then we also called the housekeeping. We were informed that the reception control the temperature for the air con. We called the reception the third time, this time I was already sweating like I'm in the sauna. I told them if they can't improved the temperature, then at least send me a fan. After a while, we can feel the room getting cooler. We left the hotel for dinner. But during the wee hours at night, the same heat return. Too tired of calling, we slept without using the comforters, then took off our pyjamas. The room felt like there's no air condition. We left early the next day. I told the reception I'll report this matter to Booking.com and promise them we will not come back. Seems like comfort for guest not their priority, sad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

PROS
1.Spacious family room.Able to fit another extra bed.Suitable for families
2.Value for money
3.Good location
4.Friendly staff & veru helpful

CONS
1.Only two lifts operating which was slow & had to wait for minutes.Hotel staffs were also seen using the guests lift to load things
2.Weak wifi connections in rooms
3.Water heater took some time to operate
4.Food during breakfast took sometime to be replenished

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The rooms were big & beds were comfortable. I wish the flat screen tv was bigger since it was a big room. Strangely they had 1 chair (instead of the usual pair) & coffee table - didnt appeal to us. The hotel looked very average nothing outstanding, good or bad. Its not exactly close to the places you wanna be when at Melaka (its a good thing we drove so its less than 10mins drive). The rooftop pool was a little pathetic. The breakfast was not at all wonderful! It was ok to be honest if you find something like this closer to tdowntown, I say choose that. You know though I preferred my stay when I stayed at Hotel Sentral in Georgetown.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was ok with hardwood floors but the no matter how we adjusted the AC, it was still holding at 22- 23deg Celsius. Also, my wife had bed bug rash when she slept on the other bed. Only one life was operational and there a huge seminar going on. Thank goodness we were checking out the next day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Whenever I visit Malaysia, I always look for Hotel sentral. I had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Sentral at both KL and Penang. They are always a great value for money and are located close to city & tourist attractions.

Hotel Sentral in Melaka appears to be recently renovated, some works are still in progress. It is definitely a great value for money and is located close to Melaka river and little India. Breakfast was good with a vareity of options including corn flakes, porridge, fried rice, bread toast, noodles, sausages, orange juice, watermelon & papaya, salad and coffee/tea.

There were only two lifts servicing 10 floor out of which one was under maintenance. Waiting time for elevator was long. Room was clean and well maintained, but bathroom was not cleaned up before being handed over, reported to housekeeping and they promptly cleaned the bathroom. TV remote and safe locker didn't work, but housekeeping fixed them both.

There seems to be a swimming pool, but didn't have time to visit.

The major issue we faced was street noise during night. Even though we stayed at 8th floor and not facing road, we couldn't sleep the whole night due street bike racing.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have to mentioned that a girl stay at the reception with excellent service!!! Smiley face and good talk malay girl--Mahirah!!! Thank you!!! I appreciate it!!! A bit late check in because the room is not ready until 2:30 i check in. It's really a nice room and clean. But the door at the bath room is a bit problem because can't lock. Will be a bit noisy because the main road is near by the hotel. It's around 15-20 minutes walk to Jonker Street. Mahirah told me that have to wait for a while when open the hot water but actually only a few second the hot water is able. In the morning, housekeeping was asked me politely do i need to make up room. I said no need and request some creamer, sugar, coffee, mineral water, and towel. Free of charges. Will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple