“What can you get more from this good stay :)” 4 of 5 stars

Bayview Hotel Melaka
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bendahara, Melaka 75100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #67 of 152 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur
“What can you get more from this good stay :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Basically the stay in this hotel is great. All the service since from the front desk until in the room is great. Room is clean with Jacuzzi ready (even i didn't have time to try it out). Location wise, i think is very convenient for traveler because is very near the tourist spots. Around the hotel have many famous cafe that can pay a visit. 2 thumbs up. Highly recommended to friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Melaka is a simple fun city, one of the favourite locations for leisure by singaporeans. and bayview has heightened our experience at melaka. Hotel is clean, service is very good. i had issues with my room internet and the manager actually helped to call and chase for our access to be available. staff were all very friendly and greeted us whenever they saw us.

the food at the chinese restaurant is also very very good. one of the better restaurants around. karaoke room was very value for money, and hotel rooms were very very comfortable. would definitely come to bayview for my future visits to melaka!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed in Bayview last year for a round the region trip with my work mates. I found this hotel to be very professional in the greeting of its guests and presentation of the rooms. I think it has also been recently renovated as the rooms were very new and contemporary. The food in the different restaurants was also quite well done. This trip was much much better than the previous I had to Melaka when I stayed in the Renaissance. Bayview's value for money, staff professionalism, location, experience was just excellent. During this trip, something happened that made me want to write this review as I normally would not bother. Too lazy. I was checked in very quickly upon arrival despite having a group before me and was brought to my room by the concierge. When we got to the room, he went in before me and very quickly had a look around the room. I thought it was weird but then he told me that the checked and realised that there was no slippers put in from the previous room clean up. To me, this is exactly what you will expect from a top hotel, the staff actually works to give the best to its guests by giving the best attention to details. I would say that from my frequent travels, this is as good a hotel as any 5-star ones in the Asia Pacific region. I will definitely return to the Bayview!

Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I regularly travel to Melaka and would stay with Bayview, even prior to their renovations. Thought that the reviews were more than a little harsh and perhaps it is just unfortunate for certain people.

Every trip that I have been to Bayview, I have found that the staff were friendly and prompt in delivering service. Although there is only 1 counter staff at the cafe (Lobby cafe), we get our food quickly and I dare say the kaya toast was just fabulous! My friends still occasionally talk about how good it is! I would also highly recommend the Assam Fish in the 4th floor cafe, it's out of this world! The spiciness and tanginess of the dish, perfect!

The rooms are really quite spacious and clean. Love the huge bath tub and the rain shower facilities! have stayed in quite a fair bit of hotels in various countries (New York, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Spain, Vietnam) and would attest to the fact that you can NOT call their rooms old. People should check out what a "5-star" hotel is like in France. France, ya? Not China or Cambodia, ya? After an experience like that, they would definitely stay in one of Bayview's smallest room, ANYTIME!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

We have driven more than 10 hours from Penang to Malacca, and arrived to find that one of my booking was not found in the hotel's computer system (if you want to book 3 rooms via internet, you need to go through the process twice as it only allows you to book 2 rooms at one time). However, this was resolved after I showed them the confirmation letter.

The rooms were fairly large and looked clean and comfortable, but upon closer inspection, the lights were broken and the toilets lacking in mainteance as there were rust and hair stuck in the tap. There's a sign that said we need to bring the towels from the room if we are going for a swim at the pool, which resulted in me asking for more towels. The "nice" gentleman from housekeeping started by asking how many towels I needed. When replied 'three", he said they can only give maximum one extra. This led into an argument of the obvious until he said that there were towels at the pool, but we need to call someone on the phone at the poolside to get them. Sigh....

When we went for breakfast at 9.15am, there were no more glasses for juices (as they were so eager to clear everything), let alone refill of food. However, the chef at the egg station was excellent, but I can't say much of the rest of the service staff. The icing on the cake came when we saw a long-legged spider resting on my 9-year old nephew's shoulder. When we looked up, there was a thick layer of dust sitting on the ledge above us. The Restaurant Manager was called and he claimed that they had dusted the place before putting up the Christmas decoration...which would have been perhaps one month ago as we were there on 30 December 2009.

I went with such anticipation but felt greatly disappointed, considering the price I had to pay for a room here was much higher than the one I paid in Penang, which had a LCD TV! This would be my first and last time staying at a Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Bayview Hotel Melaka? Share your experiences!