“Waterpark: a sinking ship...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bayou Lagoon Park Resort

You added Bayou Lagoon Park Resort to your Saves list
Bayou Lagoon Park Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 45, Jalan Wakaf Utama | Kampong Bukit Katil, Melaka 75450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #53 of 148 Hotels in Melaka
“Waterpark: a sinking ship...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This comment is based only for the waterpark. As we have been here several times it's time to tell the truth! What a desolate leisure-spot! It's getting worse everytime we visit. Please owner; get yourself some expertise from abroad to run this waterpark. Maintanence, a complete lack of this verbe. The waterpark has no caracter, no thrills, no fun-factor. Why all this energy wasted, in six months it will be so dirty and hazardous that someone will be hurt or electrocuted... Dirt, rust, open electrical-wires (Uh, in a swimmingpool...) broken tiles, wood etc. etc. Yes there are workers, but they don't bother. There is hardly any shade, the new coffee-outled still closed... Dirty showers, broken showers, loose tiles, dirty water... It's hard to find a positive thing. Perhaps the only positive thing is that we allways sneeked in without paying. In my opinion they have to pay me money to enter!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mayvis L, Marketing Communication Department at Bayou Lagoon Park Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Preem,
Greetings from Bayou Lagoon Park Resort.

Thank you for choosing Bayou Lagoon Park Resort as your preferred hotel accommodation during your holidays in Melaka recently.

We appreciate that you have taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We would do our level of best to improve our hospitality service. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed to the Management for future improvement.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Decent apartment. Free wifi and nice breakfast spread. 12km away from town center. Abit off. Has a play pool, didnt try. Has a mimimart selling snacks and basic necessities. Had a two bedder, comes with two bathroom which is a good point.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear DanChoo,

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Don't waste your money on this disgusting resort ! Firstly, the Room was filthy and the toilet smelt so bad we couldn't bare to use it . The kids were only allowed to have 1 swim in the water park , once you go out you cannot re enter (. Even when you are a guest ) . There were about 3 other children swimming in the whole water park . Secondly no life guards on the premises ! No towels for swimming .
Lastly , we went for breakfast and we were served bread with mould all over it , the breakfast had been sitting out all night ! Absolutely revolting , vile!! We demanded our breakfast be refunded but said they couldn't be use we booked through agoda.
We could not wait to see the back of that hotel ! It felt like a compound !! Please don't waste your money !!! Very disappointed!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi 0062,

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a Studio Room with family as other options not available when on a business trip here. Check in process a little slow. The check out process even slower. The female staff doing the check out was abrupt and did not even look at me to acknowledge me throughout the check-out process.

Room was quite big as studio with a sitting area, dining bar and small kitchenette. Reasonably clean and well thought out layout of unit. TV could swivel 360 degrees so that you could watch from the bed or the sitting area. As the resort has over 500+ rooms and designed as an apartment the number of lifts/elevators was not sufficient to cater to large groups as the resort was quite full. It sometimes took up to 10 minutes for the lift to come as most of the time it would be full.

This was actually more of a vacation apartment with a water park that you pay to access (can't recall the pricing). They had a swimming pool which not many used due to the water park. The water park was fun for the kids. The set back was that the water quality could definitely be improved and one of the water slide (purple) joints had come slightly apart which was painful when the kids slid down and scraped their body.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HI FplusV,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed one night just to check out the water park. It was ok but the resort is still under renovation. The water park is quite small considering you have to pay RM15 to enter. The room is quite new and have interesting deco. The breakfast is ok but it was so crowded because the restaurant is so small, it really needs improvement.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi Siti2012,

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We've paid RM200 for a 2D1N stay at a standard room together with the free entrance to the water park.

The room is ok, clean, & ok spacious, the theme park isn't as big as expected & certain play area was closed for reno or something.

Buffet breakfast in the morning was a nightmare, it waa too crowded you could bareky find a place to sit. Long queue to take food & very limited choice of food were available. My friend's room didn't come with the free breakfast & wish to buy upon enter but wasn't allowed to because it was overly crowded.

With the price paid I'd expect a higher standard quality but overall it's ok, but I'll not be back for another stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Hi vvlow,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We arrived just after 1pm on 1st day of CNY, there was already a crowd but the Q was not too long. I was given my 2 units of 3-bdrm apt and they were next to each other, so that was great. I asked for an extra key card for both rooms but was told to come back in the evening/night to request since it's peak time at counter and the check-in staff wants to clear the Q quickly. Fine, since I am a reasonable person I agreed. I also asked for a baby cot and was told to call housekeeping when I got to my room. Fine.

So we went up to our 8th flr unit (the lifts were not too crowded at that time) and I quickly called to request for the baby cot. 10mins later I called again to ask for a prayer mat. Half an hour later no one showed up and when I called again the girl told me staff was on the way. 10 mins later the staff appeared with the mat and a tiny baby cot. My baby is just 2 yrs old and when she straightens her body it was a perfect fit. Oh and it's made of metal with no bumper for protection. They provided a mattress cover and pillow. Good thing we brought her pillow which at least helps to protect one side of her head.

Anyway the 2 units we got were okay, but the floor is quite dusty. Each bedroom has a writing desk and chair and a wardrobe with a few hangers. 2 rooms were with a queen bed and the other room with 2 single beds, which are comfy enough. We were given 6 bath towels and 2 floor towels for each unit. The master room has attached toilet and side tables with lamps and a side cabinet to place our luggage. All lights in the rooms are dim though, no white light used. The pantry has a small fridge and kettle and we were given 6 bottles of water and some tea & coffee.
There was no iron/board or hairdryer. I called housekeeping at 4pm to ask for hairdryer but was told there is none left. OK, whatever.

So that evening I went to the reception to get the extra key cards and were promptly given but when I tried the cards only 1 was working. Didnt bother to go down again as it was already a chore trying to get a lift up so we left it at that. The next day however, when I tried ALL the cards after 12pm, NONE of them worked! We didnt go down immediately after realizing this as it was the peak period at reception. So we decided to go down later. I made a call to housekeeping to ask for the iron & board. Was told that it will take some time (I didnt bother asking how long). So anyway we went to reception in the late afternoon. There was a short Q and we joined one but as we reached the front, the staff went to take something at the corner and a guest came up to her apparently with the same problem as mine and she served him instead! I couldn't believe it and so I had to ask her which counter she is actually manning. She probably realised her mistake and quickly attended to me. In her haste she gave me that other guest's card instead. Luckily I noticed this (the card jacket has guest's name on it) just after I walked away from the counter. But guess what? Only 1 card worked! Oh what a surprise. So I immediately called the operator and told her the issue and said I am not about to go down again when it's so difficult to get a lift back to our floor. Staff assured me she will send someone up with a replacement card. After more than 1 hour no one appeared. Not the staff with the card nor the staff with the iron n board. I went down again some time later with the faulty card and approached the reception staff to activate it. At the same time I told him that I have been waiting for someone to send up the replacement card but no one showed up. The staff claimed a manager already took the card an hour ago to send to me! Hmm.. I think the manager must have gotten kidnapped or something cos he NEVER showed up at all! I also told the staff that the iron n board I requested didnt arrive. He noted down on a piece of paper my room no. and said he will notify housekeeping. Riiiiight. Next morning at 8+ I called housekeeping to ask yet again and again I was told it will take some time. By that time I have given up all hope.

Service was really slow but staff were actually polite so I didnt blow my top.

There's actually nothing to do there much apart from the pool. Although they really need to increase their number of pool towels! Imagine the pool opens at 8am, by 9.30am we were told there are no more towels. So we had to leave a trail of water back to the room. Great isnt it?

Games room is small and not all machines were working. The so-called 9D theatre is lame. Not worth the RM15 per pax. Please dont waste your time and money. The "massage chair" used in the theatre will cost you much less at the hotel lobby, trust me.

I can't comment on hotel food as I didnt try out any. But there is a TomYam coffeeshop (restaurant) about less than 3 mins drive from the hotel that sells pretty decent food).

Overall, I can't say I regret staying there. I had to experience the negativities for myself, only then will I know if I'll ever go back again. And the answer is no.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mayvis L, Marketing Communication at Bayou Lagoon Park Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear safgirl,
Greetings from Bayou Lagoon Park Resort.
Thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation during your recent holidays to Melaka and taking your valuable time for providing your feedback to us here.

At Bayou Lagoon Park Resort we strive to achieve the level of services that our guests are normally accustomed to and continue to be committed to providing all our guests and patrons with the quality services that is expected of us.

We hope that you could afford us the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not too distant future and remain with best regards in the meantime.

Thank you.

Been to Bayou Lagoon Park Resort? Share your experiences!