“Fun in disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka

You added A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka to your Saves list
A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kemus, Simpang Empat, Alor Gajah, Melaka 78000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #103 of 156 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fun in disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My family and I was spend time at the hotel in 2 night and what make me very disappointed is when I make a complaint about air conditioners and request them to make up the room as early as 11 am at reception and give them time to fix it as I take my family to theme parks and just come back at 4.30 pm, there's nothing that they do while we expect to relax after a long day activities and what happens is very disappointed. They decided to change the room as they could not fix the air conditioner and once again I was disappointed because they change where the air conditioner is worse than the previous room, and this show doesn't check the condition of the room before giving it to me new room. And I spend almost RM700 for a warm room and very not comfortable for my family. Please take action for this matter and I know my problem is not the a new for 1st time visitor. About theme park and others, its very cool vacation and holiday except with 'poor' my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Read a lots of bad reviews about this place but to my surprise, our family vacation of 10 @ A'famosa 4 B/R Villa were somehow memorable and nice. If you expecting luxury type of villa then you will be disappointed or else, its pretty close to my expectation. The bedrooms were clean and spacious enough. The private pool is clean and refreshing. All my family members enjoyed it a lots including my 6yo son and his grandmother. I spent almost 2K for 2 nights.
The safari park is great with all the animals especially the tigers and lions were amazing. We spent the whole day in this park and watch a number of shows.
The cowboy town was rather small but the red indian and parade show made up for it. The glamourous fireworks at the end of the parade/ show was amazing.

Room Tip: Take the villa instead of the condo/ hotel. Spend the whole day @ the safari park and the night @ co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family spend our 2 day staying at d savoy convotel. We were arrange at tower 1 and its a extremely old and poor maintance. We spend over 1.4k just for this terrible 2 night ans staying in a convotel that just like a motel and it is not worth at all. No breakfast no include theme park but we spend ovee 1.4k staying in this ever horrible place that I ever experienced in my life . Themapark around is extremely expensive and not worth. All I can say is read review before u choose to stay. No refund .

• Stayed February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

On the 2nd day of CNY 2014, I went to A'Famosa Resort with my family. This is our first time here. I booked a 2 bedroom apartment via internet for one night at RM600+. I think the price is ok since this is super peak period.

When we arrived at the Condotel lobby, I was greeted by the front desk receptionist and the entire check-in process is pretty fast. We were assigned to Apartment 1A on the 3rd floor. I didn't know the apartment does not comes with lift. Imagine carrying the little ones with luggages are quite a tedious things. Those travel with elderly, please take not on this.

The corridor looks dark along the way to our unit. Once I entered our apartment, I saw a very antique CRT TV. I went to checkout the bedroom and toilet. The bedroom looks ok but the furniture are a bit run down. Anyway, we are just staying one night here. I don't really bother on this. However, when my brother came out from the 2nd bedroom toilet, he told me the WC cannot flush. I called the housekeeping at "0" and I waited for few minutes only someone answer my call. I informed them about the WC issue. The lady said will response soon. After 15 mins, a lady claim herself supervisor came and she told me the stop cork is close and that's the reason why no water. We thought it has settled.

We went to the Cowboy Town at around 6pm. The ticketing counter is already full of people waiting to purchase their ticket. We spent RM250 for 5 adults. When we entered the "Cowboy Town", I think I had entered a fun fare that is so lousy. There are some very old games for kids and I can't find anything worth the RM50 for the entrance fees. The entire "town" is so small that I think 10 mins walk can pass-thru all places.

On the next morning, when everyone wakeup and started to use the toilet. I noticed the WC is overflow after I flushed. I called again the housekeeping and they told me Housekeeping is off-duty. They start work at 9am. However, they sent a hotel maintenance staff to my unit for repair. We were so frustrated and we cancel our plan to the "Safari Park" and leave this lousy place.

For those who never came here before, please save your money and spent at somewhere else.

Stayed February 2014
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I totally agree with the experiences of MiniCooperS1275.

I travelled with my husband and 2 young children, and the state of the first apartment we were offered were below par. After a change to a more 'upgraded' second apartment, things were no better - just a matter of different things in the apartment not working. After making a list of about 10 things that needed attending to, the technician was able to fix 9 of them. The last thing not working was the telephone, which they were waiting for the delivery of a mechanical part. We needed to arrange for a buggy to take us everywhere - to breakfast in their only cafe which was situated about 1km away - and a shuttle bus to take us to the theme parks. Without a phone, everything from ordering room service to calling for a technician to come over became an inconvenience. The place was so secluded and far away from modern conveniences that we felt trapped in a 'survivor island' scenario. 2 hours after checking in for what was going to be our 4 night stay, my husband and I were logging into our iPads to check into a hotel in KL instead. We decided to give the water park and cowboy town a go the next day and it was a lot easier to pass the day. We decided to forego the payment already made for the last 2 nights stay. That was how desperate we were to get out...

However, our experiences with the staff (front office, bell boys, restaurant staff, manager) were a lot more positive. We had a 1-hour meeting with the manager about our disappointing experiences and he tried his very hardest to make the day a pleasant and enjoyable one for our family for which we were very appreciative of.

We will not return to this 'resort' and I do not believe they should have this word in their name. But there is so much potential for this place to flourish and become similar to a Sunway Lagoon. It will take a lot of money, time and right management attitude - unfortunately, I can only wish them the best and for people who decide on this place for their next vacation, you are entering at your own risk and your money is better spent under your pillow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lahad Datu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Twelve of us, aged 3 to 74 years, spent our family Christmas gathering in A Famosa. We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa. We had a really wonderful time. The security was good with a manned guard post. The villa was very clean and well maintained. The bedsheets were clean and fresh.
We played treasure hunt in the villa and hid clues in every corner of the villa. We did not notice dust anywhere.
The pool was a real delight. It was hedged by well maintained bushes and was very private. The garden was beautiful, ideal for some family photos.
There was a little incident with a blocked sink but the maintenance man came and sorted it out promptly when a complaint was made. All in all we had a really enjoyable time.
We did not visit the Safari or the Cowboy Town but spent some time at the water theme park. This however was a little disappointing but maybe that was because we all preferred the private pool in the villa to the public water park.

Room Tip: Choose one that is off the road to get a really private pool. The one we stayed in was ideal. The nu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I made a 2-night reservation for me and my family with high expectations based on the photographs of the rooms provided in A'Famosa's official website. However, the reality was entirely different.

When we checked in, the original 3-bedroom unit at Tower D that was assigned to us was in very bad state. There were tiles missing/broken in the bathroom, one of the curtains was damaged, and worst of all, the entire unit reeked of a foul odour almost like urine.

Upon my lodging a complaint at the Check-In counter, we were eventually re-assigned to another 3-bedroom unit at Tower B. While this unit was noticeably better (for starters, at least it did not have a foul odour, but was still musty), the overall quality of the unit was still poor:
1. The air-conditioners had clearly not been serviced in a long while: One was not cold, one was rattling, and one was leaking water.
2. There was a huge crack in the bathtub, and the bathtub curtain rail had no curtain on it, which resulted in the entire bathroom floor getting wet each time we took a shower.
3. The shower head holder was broken, which meant that I had to hold the shower head in my hand when taking a bath.
4. The balcony sliding door could not be locked.
5. The master bedroom door could not be closed tightly.
6. The safe deposit box was not working (looks like it ran out of power supply).
7. There was grime behind the toilet bowls and along the window sill.
8. There were bags of rubbish left along the corridor outside the elevator.

Another thing that I cannot understand is how they could operate four (4) high-rise blocks of serviced apartments, and not even provide dedicated breakfast facilities at the Condotel's Main Clubhouse. I mean, it is logical that people would want to eat something before going to the Safari World Theme Park. Nope. Everyone who stays at the Condotel and wants breakfast has to make their way to the Golf Resort's Clubhouse, which is a separate hotel altogether. The result? A very, very crowded Golf Resort Clubhouse at breakfast time.

Overall front desk service was poor. Although the counter staff were generally courteous and eager to assist, I could see from their ID tags that they were mostly fresh out from school (their IC numbers indicated that they were under 20) with very little experience in handling irate customers with service quality issues such as myself, and more importantly, solving the problems. For such a serious matter, no senior customer service staff even bothered to step in and assist. This tells me that management is clearly not serious about customer care.

To A'Famosa Resort Management, let me say this in summary: You may have a great theme park concept. But your Condotel execution is horribly sloppy. You do not appear to demonstrate sincere intentions and the resilience to diligently maintain, much less improve your facilities. The tired and mouldy paintwork on the exterior walls of the apartment blocks speaks for itself. This gives a poor impression of the quality of tourism in Malaysia.

Unless you do a major upgrade to your Condotel facilities AND ensure that they are well-maintained, not only will I not be returning anytime soon, I will not recommend your hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: None. I would even go so far as to suggest that you endure the 45-minute drive south, and just book...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melaka
Bayou Lagoon Park Resort
Hatten Hotel Melaka
Hatten Hotel Melaka
#12 of 156 in Melaka
4.0 of 5 stars 1,284 reviews

Been to A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka? Share your experiences!