Stayed at Hotel Puri on Saturday night in room 316 and experienced a thoroughly average stay. Am aware that this is only a budget hotel however I have stayed at backpackers of better quality!
My major bug bears were:
1. Paper thin walls. Be prepared to hear everything your neighbour is doing - shower, tv, conversation... and also the maintenance carried out in the hallway at 7 on a Sunday morning.
2. Terrible bed.
3. Security - we arrived at 2pm, before the stated 3pm check in time. We had no problem leaving our bags in storage however I did feel some concern at leaving them in the main lobby. When we returned at 6.30pm, these were the only two bags sitting by themselves in the lobby and it would be very easy for someone to pick up. Surely there could be a storage room?
4. Disorganised front desk and not overly friendly.
5. As others have said, be prepared for the stairs - wasn't bad for us but worth noting.
6. The communal areas present much better than the rooms.
7. Very very very dated decor in the rooms.
8. Because of the haze, which was in turn regurgitated through the air con (not Puri's fault mind you), we slept without the air con on. However I was attacked by mosquitos through the night (no windows open) and woke in the middle of the night with 10+ bites.
9. Poor wifi coverage
What we did like:
1. Breakfast spread decent for the price
2. The communal areas are charming and quaint
3. Map handouts for food and tourist attraction recommendations
4. Great location parallel to Jonker Street
- Also Known As:
- Puri Hotel
- Puri Hotel Melaka
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Puri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.