“The Best Hotel for Business Trip with Family” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Equatorial Melaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bandar Hilir, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #9 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The Best Hotel for Business Trip with Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I'm arrived at the hotel on 22nd April 2014 at 6:45pm from Kertih, Terengganu using the Kuantan-Segamat Highway. After 4 hours drove car, I felt so happy when the receptionist greet me with warm smile and address my name correctly.

She quickly check my booking by referring to my identity card and confirm all the details within split second. She also offered a complimentary baby-coat and prayer matt for our convenience.

That was a great check-in experience and it meet my expectation.

I follow one of the visitor advise in TripAdvisor by unload all my belonging at the entrance before proceed to car parking area at the underground of the hotel which was NO lift services. The bellboy did a great job!

When I enter the room 1201 at level 12, I'm being surprise with the specious room and a nice view of Melaka City. I feel happy went I saw my two kids and spouse smile happily. The room arrangement was good with king's bed, mini sofa set, tv.

At that night we had our dinner at Kopitiam Restaurant in Pahlawan Mall next to hotel building. It is just 3 minutes walking distance! The hotel was strategically located near with all attractive places.

Breakfast in the hotel was just a complimentary moment and similar like other hotel and nothing to surprise. Recommended if you are on business travel which have a tight schedule.

Dinner for my second night at Seri Nyonya Restaurant (at Level 3) was awesome. The ambiance, foods and services was great (read my details comment at restaurant review).

Hotel have full facilities with free WiFi service, gym, swimming pool, tennis court and other amenities.

Late check-out experience was easy and fast. The process was simplified by the bellboy services. Again, The bellboy did a great job!

In conclusion, my family very happy after 3 days 2 nights stay and we plan to come again on family vacation trip at the same hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and we are very pleased that your stay has been pleasant.

I am certainly very pleased that we have met to your expectation and we will always make every effort to provide the best level of service to all our guests.

Once again, our sincere appreciations to you for taking the time to provide us with your kind review.

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with only positives. Great location, walking distance to the historical sites. Opposite a shopping mall. Friendly staff. Perfect breakfast. Amazing pool. Very nice and clean rooms! This cocktail of ingredients should make this your hotel of choice when staying in Melaka.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that the room had met your expectations and the opportunity to experience friendly service from our staffs.

It is always very pleasing to receive compliments on our products and services. Rest assured we will continue to strive to always provide the best level of service.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After arriving in the mouldy smelling lobby we arrived at the check in. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is great. That's where the positives end. The rooms are old, tired and don't look particularly clean. The bed sheets were stained, the water runs yellow (lovely!) and the walls are paper thin. The bed is hard and the construction over the road, although not the hotels fault is noisy so if you get a good nights sleep court yourself lucky. The hotel is not worth what we paid and we will not be staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time taken to post your review. I see that your stay was not all that flawless, I have taken a serious view on all your feedback and rest assured every effort will be made to improve where we have fallen short.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for taking the time to provide us with your kind review.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is located in a convenient place, at walking distance to jonker and shopping malls. We tried the seafood buffet and it was good. Food was pretty fresh. The room was in good condition but rather small. There were a lot of customers checking in over the weekend. Overall positive experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post your reviews.

It is very pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay.

Once again, my sincere appreciations for taking the time to post your kind review and I look forward to welcome you back.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great location for main sites of Melaka. Staff are helpful, the hotel is fairly old, but has a grand Colonial feel to it that match the surronding area.
We booked a club room, and were very impressed with the size of the room, the decore and the facilities. The room is the size of a small suite, and has two balconies that over look the city. The club lounge needs to improve. There are no drinks for you to help yourself to, the staff will serve you when you ask for a drink. The service is slow taking 20 minutes for a drink to arrive, and when you only have 2 hours of club lounge drinking time, this is unacceptable. They served a gin and tonic in a short glass with no ice or lemon with a tiny bit of flat tonic water, and warm, flat coke in a whisky. The food served was acceptable but not a luxury for club lounge standards.
We were there mid week, so it was very quiet in the hotel and around town. The hotel has a good gym and spa facilites with a sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi free for guests, they are a bit dated and the spa facilities a bit grubby though. The swimming pool is nice, and has good city views. We decided to have breakfast in the main restaurant instead of the club lounge. The variety is good, but everything was cold.
This could be a great hotel, but needs to improve in the mentioned areas.

Room Tip: well worth booking a club room, just for the size of the room alone. In comparison with prices in KL...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the food quality and I have taken a serious view on all your feedback. I have addressed them with my Director of Food and Beverage for immediate corrective actions and improvements.

Rest assured we view all feedback seriously and we will make every effort to improve on all the areas mentioned. We certainly look forward to welcome you back again to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Espezel, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in another Melaka hotel ( Holiday Inn) last month I have no hesitation in choosing The Equitorial. It has a relaxed yet efficient colonial ambience and our Delux Double overlooking the pool and school was clean, well kept and had a hint of character lacking in the HI.
It's central location is ideal for seeing the old city and the hotel's facilities are first rate.
My only complaint ..........the slowness of the WiFi connection. I know, shut down the iPad and enjoy real life!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am certainly very pleased that we have met to your expectation. We will always make every effort to provide the best level of service to all our guests.

On your comments of internet access, the Hotel provides internet services to facilitate connection and our bandwidth capacity enable our guests to work on email and general web browsing. Often than not the slow internet is the result of some users streaming movies which may have caused the poor connection. We are currently embarking on an upgrading work where the system will better manage the traffic of small and large bandwidth users allowing uninterrupted connection for guest to work on e-mails and general browsing.

Once again, our sincere appreciations to you for taking the time to provide us with your kind review, we look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I enjoyed my two night stay at the Equatorial Hotel in Melaka and would be happy to stay there again.

The staff were efficient and friendly and check in and check out was handled well. Rooms were well furnished and wifi was good.

Breakfast was nice without being spectacular and the pool area is very nice.

All within a few minutes walk of the UNESCO world heritage part of the city which is lovely to visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that we have met with your expectation. Rest assured every effort will always be made to provide the best level of service and product to all our guests.

Adrian Chung

Been to Hotel Equatorial Melaka? Share your experiences!