Stayed at Hotel Equatorial from 16 - 19 March 2014. Took 2 connecting premium rooms for 5 adults and 3 children.
- the hot & cold shower needs to be maintained as it suddenly turned cold and then too hot while showering.
- some light switches are not functioning properly.
- door keys are not properly activated.
- breakfast was ok though needs to have more variety and needs to work on the taste a bit.
- location of hotel is good. Situated next to Dataran Pahlawan Megamall and walking distance to the Melaka Sultanate Palace, the Dutch Square and the Maritime and Naval Museum.
- Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Room service is fast.
- Housekeeping is very attentive. We have 3 children in the room and they gave us extra towels without having to request for it.
- Swimming pool is spacious and well maintained.
It was overall a very good experience staying at the Hotel Equatorial Melaka. I will definitely recommend to others who wanted to visit Melaka for a holiday. But the hotel management needs to do some upgrading to their facilities due to wear and tear as there will be more new hotels rising nearby and Hotel Equatorial might lose their credibility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of historical Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka is a 5-star international business hotel with 496 elegantly furnished guestrooms and suites offering stunning views of the Straits of Melaka and St. Paul's Hill, whilst providing our guests the most luxurious comfort and service. It is ideally located within a few minutes' walk from historical sites and trails, shopping complexes, night spots, financial institutions as well as the ever famous Jonker's Street - a haven for antique collectors and bargain hunters. Featuring guestrooms ranging from the modest Deluxe room to the Presidential Suite, the hotel rooms are tastefully furnished along elegant and contemporary designs. Each room features an ensuite bathroom, and comes equipped with a flat-screen television, mini-refrigerator, coffee & tea making facilities, in-room personal safe, IDD telephone line, individually controlled air-conditioning, complimentary wireless internet access, hair dryer, cable channels and iron/ ironing board. Relax, take a swim, or simply keep in shape when you stay in Hotel Equatorial Melaka. Equinox Fitness Centre located on Level 3 offers state-of-the-art gym equipment and also includes a steam room, sauna, cold plunge pool and indoor Jacuzzi. Whereas, sun worshippers will appreciate a relaxing dip in the outdoor swimming pool located on Level 4, whilst the kids can enjoy the children's pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Equatorial Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.