“spacious room & large swimming pool” 4 of 5 stars

Everly Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10km Jalan Tanjung Kling, Melaka 76400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #86 of 148 Hotels in Melaka
malaysia
“spacious room & large swimming pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I've been here last week. What i can say is this hotel is big & beautiful. I dun understand why there are too many negative comment about this hotel. When plan to stay here, i feel a bit worry when i read negative comment. But when i been there, i fell in love w the surrounding hotel. But i bit frust coz we cant use a squash court coz it s closed.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My 2nd attempt in Malacca and selected this resort which is not so near town. Easily located and is a short drive from Jonker Walk.
We were greeted with a polite and helpful staff at the reception. She was very prompt to assist us with checking of availability of golf flights.
The room is clean and good for stay. The common area is spacious and is great for a big family to gather for quality time. Not plasma tv, but is decent for entertainment.
I would think the bath room basics need some attention:
-The arm mounted hand shower has leakage from the shower hose
-The tub drain of the soaking bath tub needs to be fixed, the knob on the right to lift the stopper is not working fine
-Water flows from both the shower head and the outlet on the tub
Pretty disappointed that they do not have beach benches by the pool. There were chairs and tables but I didn't stay too long there as it was too noisy to do some reading or nap (in a sitting position). Though I was all geared with sun tanning lotion, swimming goggles & book, I went back to my room after 10 mins.
It would be a plus point to have the kids playing beach soccer on the beach nearby instead as half the time I am worrying about the ball hitting on me while I am reading.
Good for families and not so much for relaxing quiet time.
Cozy corner to unwind would be the cafe at the lobby. I ordered from the Artisan selection of Gryphon's Lemon Ginger tea. & what a pleasant surprise! It is packed in Singapore.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My family (2 adults & 1 child) stayed here at room 1228 on 7 & 8 August 2010 and we paid a total of RM432.40 for the Deluxe Twin booked through the hotel's website.

We reached there around 4pm and was given a room upon check-in, the staffs at the reception area were friendly!

The living room was spacious, overlooking the sea at the balcony. The bedroom was ok, very simple, just nice for the 3 of us. The bathroom was spacious, shower at the bath tub with removable shower head plus the complimentary soaps & shampoo, etc.

The location is inconvenient if you do not drive. However parking is not a problem for those that drive. It used to have a very beautiful sea view while driving the stretch of road towards the city area but now is reclaimed land. What a waste!

The pool was quite ok and the beach nearby was quite dirty to swim in!

On the second day of our stay, we didn't have water for 1 hour since we woke up at 8.30am. However the staffs managed to rectify the problem, thank God!

Overall, my family will stay in the city area if we were to visit Melaka again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I don't exactly remember the year and month of our 1st stay in this hotel, may be way back 3 or 4 years ago where we have ASEAN meeting and sponsored by a Government Department in Malaysia. The room environment is just excellent, spacious and clean and I remember facing the sea. The conference hall is also very convenient and professional. I am planning for a personal visit to Melaka with family, may be next year and again in 2012. Overall, very good for family hotel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed there for 2 nights with my classmates and it was Excellent. Food was great, rooms and bathrooms were clean, staff were friendly. I would like to go there again.

• Stayed June 2010
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed there for a weekend. To our surprise, the hotel was badly maintained. The lobby has water leaking stain on the roof top. The unit that we stayed in has horrible ventilation and the toilets have black stain all over. It is obvious that the toilets were not properly cleaned and maintained. My parents refused to shower in 1 of the toilet because it has this weird smell. I will not recommend anyone to stay there, ever!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I first stayed in this hotel in 2004 when it was under its previous name. Not a lot has changed since then except for the name. Whilst the staff are in the main freindly and helpful, and the rooms are clean, there is little else that is good about this place. Since my first visit many years ago, they have closed one bar which used to be quiet but was somewhere to unwind and relax after a day at work. Now you have a coffee shop in the lobby which charges KL hotel prices for its drinks, has no atmosphere, and plenty of small flying insects pestering you. The room rate is expensive for what you get, I travel extensivly around the region and have stayed in a lot better hotels for a lot less money. We stayed at this hotel because of it closeness to our work site but would recomend to anyone that if you have a choice stay in the city not here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Everly Resort? Share your experiences!