“I enjoyed my stay - I will return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Melaka

You added Ramada Plaza Melaka to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Melaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bendahara, Melaka 75100, Malaysia (Formerly Renaissance Melaka)   |
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I enjoyed my stay - I will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I found the hotel comfortable, conveniently located for a short walk ( or hotel shuttle) to the tourist areas.
The hotel staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful with advice on where to go and what to see.
Unfortunately the spa was closed so I did not get my much-needed massage after walking around Melaka.
Parking is not free but at RM3 a day is certainly not expensive; even valet parking was only RM10.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

It was just a one night stay which was actually just for us to rest and sleep i should say cos we were out throughout the day!
Check in was okay nothing to praise at all. i was very upset tt me & besty wasn't on the same floor despite my communication with the reservation team, Anne prior to my arrival. Room was allocated on the same floor initially BUT we had to shift cos the room configuration was not what we wanted!! Management has got to work on this grey areas to ensure guests satisfaction.
Breakfast spread was good anyway. Pool was ok too just tt it needed more shades. Bell man was friendly and helpful. Reception staff needs service course. Stingy with smile i should say.

• Stayed July 2011
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Love the bed & pillow!
The food were good too..
Will come back .

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I booked this hotel as I was travelling with my parents and I wanted a convenient location from which to base ourselves.Our arrival at the hotel went perfectly, check-in was quick .The room was very spacious and clean, excellent beds and the best bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel. The staff were very efficient and generally very helpful. It was just one of the examples of the excellent service this hotel provides.There is a breakfast buffet every morning, with food that is average in selection and quality. The room rates were very reasonable particularly compared with the other hotels which is overpriced for what you get.Very impressed with this Boutique Hotel and I would definitely stay here again on our next visit .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

a beautiful hotel but people at the reception were not very knowledgeable of reservation policies....differs from person to person, not efficient. otherwise the restaurant staff members are very friendly and hospitable. the swimming pool overlooks the city and sea, but the spa was out of order...too bad, walking to town center is only about 10 mins but very enjoyable to see the old buildings and various ethnics shops. jonker street is not to be missed but mornings are when the shops are open.

Room Tip: facing the malacca river....
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I booked the hotel through Agoda.com and selected the executive deluxe room which is only available in limited numbers. corner units of each floor( 2 per floor). I booked a pair one one floor and another unit on another floor. All 3 rooms were very worn out. The upholstery from the couches where giving way and looked more than 10 years old at least. The carpet was very dirty and worst of all, all 3 rooms had orange water running out of all taps. Running the the taps non stop for 30mins did not help. There was rust sediments in the bathtubs as we turned on the water.

All 3 families agreed on one thing, never this hotel again. In my room the kettle did not work. There was no in-room dining available even though this is a supposed to be a 5 star hotel. The staff whom I approached during check in was not attentive and ignored my requests initially on getting rooms nearby but attended to it when she returned back to me. The staff checking out was on the other hand very attentive and polite.

The service counter person who answered my calls on the orange water and spoilt kettle was impatient. All in , I will never set foot in this hotel for the time being. The reason I chose this over the other 2 I had stayed before ( bayview &Equatorial) was because of 5 stars and the Marriot name. Doubt anyone would believe this Hotel is part of marriot.

The service at the restaurant below for the breakfast buffet was fantastic I must say. The staff were polite & very attentive.

Last note, I requested for and was given a non smoking room as I had a baby and a 3 year old with me. The room I got was full of smoke when I arrived. At least the smoke smell was there. Everyone who entered my room said the same before I called the room service to request for a change of room which was flatly turned down and they sprayed air freshener instead. That didn''t help much'-(

Room Tip: Never to this Hotel again
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went for this more high-end hotel in Melaka as the whole town was full. Room was huge with nice (RM50 more than the cheapest ones) that I could see the whole Melaka city centre. Perfect for business as Internet speed is quite good. Business centre does not have color printer however. 15min walk to city centre, which is quite quite a long walk but the good thing about it is I could get out of the city fairly quickly as I won't get stuck in the traffic mess within the city core.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Ramada Plaza Melaka? Share your experiences!