“Awful!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Awful!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is the worst place I have stayed in!!

But I will say that I was in the apartment and not the hotel rooms so I can't comment about those.

Booking was difficult and the staff were not helpful.

Check-in was fine.

Free wifi is only available in the lobby, wifi in the complex has to be paid for, which is ridiculous considering in every other hotel I've stayed in offers free wifi.
Also if you purchase, the wifi is only for one device at a time, otherwise you have to pay for multiple connections!!
When I questioned this, the staff laughed at me.

After purchasing connection for 24hrs, I could not connect and reception were VERY unhelpful!!
So I got a refund.

I was staying at the back of the hotel in block 1 and the phone was not working, so everytime I had a problem I had to make my way back down to reception who were adamant the phones were fine.

Now.. The room...
I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment with my family, including my disabled grandmother.
The hotel put us at the very back of the complex on the 13th floor.
Most of the blocks at the back are very dated!
The apartment was dusty and clearly hadn't been stayed in or cleaned in a long time.
The toilet water was brown with the bowls stained yellow due to stale water bring sat in there.
There were only baths with showers over them, which was not workable for my disabled grandmother, but the staff would not change our room without extra charges.

The kitchen tap when opened produced brown water which took a while to clear, it also sounded like there was a road side drill going off everytime we opened the tap!!!

The furniture and decor etc was very dated and tatty. The tv had 1 English Channel which was not clear. The bathroom and bedrooms were dirty with marks on walls and ceilings.

We had a "sea view", although I wouldn't really call it that.

The pool looked nice, although I didn't use it as we left after 1 night.
The hotel was very quiet and looked empty which was strange considering it was the week if CNY.

The location of this hotel isn't the greatest if you want to be central to everything.. This is close to the mall.
Chinatown might be a better location, or the riverside.

My advice, you can get loads better for your money!!!

Stayed January 2014

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am a bag packer from Thailand. First look of the hotel is old. But after i stayed there for 3 days 2 nights, I did had a quality sleep with the comfortable room. Just enjoyed the trip with the strategic location even I am alone. Will come back again to this hotel if they still maintain the service quality + food quality and room quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Apartment is privately owned, it is not owned by a hotel group. Please change the name, it's so misleading!!!

Booked 2 bedroom apartment and was not maintained. Toilet was dirty with yellow stains and TV was spoilt. No cable was fine but local free-to-air channels also were not able to view! No signal at all! Kitchen sink was also dirty. Obviously shows that it was not maintained and not cleaned for so long!

Accidentally booked the wrong date via Asiarooms.com. The apt onwer contacted me personally and wanted me to transfer $$$ to her Malaysian bank account while I was in SG, if not my booking will be forfeited! Had to go the trouble of getting someone with a Malaysian bank account! This is not even a hotel group but a private apt owner. She could have just blocked the dates for me with my deposit done over at the website!

Thank goodness it was just for 1 night but RM300 is still a rip-off for a lousy apt! Been to better serviced apt in Malaysia!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 11am, and tried to have an early check-in. The staff at the counter did not bother to check whether the room was available but told us that it was simply too early for check in. Earliest check in would be at 12noon. He was very rude at telling us it was simply company policy not to allow check in before 12noon even though the room was vacant. Stayed in the 2 room apartment. The key reader didn't work well, had to try slotting the card in in all sorts of rhythm and pace to see which would work, took us about 10-15min each time trying to get into the room. As soon as the door open, a gush of stale air greeted us. Was very unpleasant. Rooms were very old, not kept well, bath area was grimy and TV had bad reception. There is no wifi in the room, and lobby wifi was bad as well. Getting a cab was horrendous, we waited up to 15min each time for a cab - shouldn't hotels have cabs on stand-by or tie-ins with drivers in this case? In the end we hopped onto a cab that dropped someone off rather than continue waiting for the called cab. Only plus side that for a family of 4 you can stay together in a room at a relatively affordable price. Other than that, will not recommend this hotel. There are better more convenient places for the same price range.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked the 2 bedroom apartment. It was a disappointment. The bedrooms were small. The furniture was old & outdated especially the TV. The master bathroom had 2 doors (can be accessed from the bedroom & the living room), which I find weird. Even though there's a tub, the kids would rather shower than take a bath.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is officially the worst hotel I've ever stayed in my whole life. Booked the 2 bed room apartment. Horrible! Walked into the room, and sensed a strong horrible odour smell. The furnitures were all outdated. There were fungus and mould in our bathroom, and the sink was stuck. We didn't dare to even use the bathroom to urinate. There were Mosquitos and bugs everywhere. TV was so old. Would never in my life to back to this hotel. There are better boutique hotels in jonker street. Regret for not booking there earlier. Thank goodness is only for one night.

Stayed January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in December 2013 as part of a large group. Front desk was overwhelmed by our arrival and took a long time to process us all, despite our pre-booking. Checked into a 2-bedroom apartment in block 8. Greeted by a musty odour, dated furniture and dodgy plumbing in the bathroom/toilet (bathtub drained very slowly, water cistern overflowed). Water from taps yellowish-brown. Tiny CRT TV set with fuzzy reception. Firm mattress + soft pillow = just comfortable sleep. Buffet breakfast - decent spread, good value for money. Good sized pool - the best part of our stay.

Room Tip: Pick rooms in the 'hotel' wing and avoid the 'apartment' wings.