“excellent location, big rooms, nice view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatten Hotel Melaka

Save Saved
You added Hatten Hotel Melaka to your Saves list
Hatten Hotel Melaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hatten Square, Jalan Merdeka, Bandar Hilir, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #10 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“excellent location, big rooms, nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Excellent location - linked conveniently to all the big malls in Melaka. There's food all around so you won't go hungry. Room is BIG, we stayed in the deluxe room facing the straits of malacca - nice and commanding view. 2 TVs in the room! Only gripe was that the toilet stinks of ammonia (sewage smell). They need to do something about this as it is really unpleasant and the smell is offensive. Car park has security so it's safe. Spa was excellent. Try it. Reasonable prices but really nice masseur and ambience. Go for the free drink at the rooftop bar as well. It has an excellent view of the whole of melaka!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the straits of malacca
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in the Junior suite of Hatten, very spacious, clean & comfortable. Loved the location, walking distance to 2 shopping malls, major attractions & local restaurants. Hatten is also the coach boarding & arrival point. We boarded our coach from Hatten to return to Singapore, so convenient saved on taxi fee to the bus terminal. Will definitely stay in Hatten again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My grassroots committee organized a 2D 1 N retreat in Malacca recently. The hotel was Hatten Hotel. The location was central and the attractions were easily accessible by walking. It takes us just 5 mins to walk to the Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Mega Mall, the Portugese A Famosa Fort and St Paul's Church and another 5 mins to the Dutch Square (the Stadthuys), Jonker Street and the Waterfront. At night, we again have our night tour of Jonker Street weekend market.

The room was spacious, brightly lited, clean and toilet well maintained. The TV has multiple channels and I was fascinated by some of the programs that I only managed to sleep at 3 am.

The next morning, I have a heavy breakfast as there was so many good food to eat at the hotel lounge. If you come early, there was plenty of places for you to sit. Those who came after 8 pm were seen queuing outside the entrance. After breakfast, it takes me less than 30 mins to walk to the Masjid Selat Melaka (floating mosque) at the seaside.

Overall impression of the hotel was excellent location, clean room and superb breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I was at the Hatten Hotel from 18/4/14 Friday - 20/4/14 Sunday over the Easter Weekend. Stayed in a room on the Premier floor.Check-in was a breeze though I arrived earlier around 10+ am . Initially was told standard check in time was 3pm but after checking my room details was told I could check in on the spot.Concierge gave me a choice to check in either on 20th or the ground floor where I was already at.So obviously I proceeded with the latter. The guest relations officer also asked us whether we had a preference chinese or English newspapers to be delivered daily, which I felt was gd service. The room wise had it's hit and misses.Granted being on a premier floor I got quite a spacious room overlooking the pool area. The bed was comfortable I slept rather well except the last night.There is a bar on the 22nd floor and throughout the night it was blaring loud music till Easter Sunday morning. I was rather perplexed why the music and drums sounds were there when I awoke.The bar should have closed around 1 plus 2 am. The other possibility is that in the morning the staff on 22nd floor(alternative buffet area for premier room clients) had also turned on its music far too loud. The hotel should really check on its soundproofing for its premier rooms. What good is that when you pay more but can't even get a decent night's rest.There was a few other blips in the room 2004. One of the light bulbs above the bed area had fused. None of housekeeping noticed throughout the 3 days and got it replaced. The toilet seat had some weird pink stains which resembled lip stick marks on it. I tried to get it off but to no avail. Again this was not rectified. Overall I really like this hotel if not for these little minor blemishes. However will still stay here in future.Looking forward to a better experience when I visit Malacca again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hatten_Hotel_Malacca, The Administrator at Hatten Hotel Melaka, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are obliged for highlighting your views. Your comments are important to us and we will certainly look into your remarks for remedial.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfall. It is our desire to shower the best possible services to our guests and trainings are being conducted regularly for consistency and unison.

Nevertheless, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed our services and we look forward to your return.

Once again, our heartfelt thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is my 2nd time to the hotel and it is still as good as ever, if not even better! I wrote to them to ask for special request to check in early and they were of course only able to do so if the room is available and it was for 2 out of 3 rooms. As I was there with my friends, they were very nice to put us all next to each other too!
Also, it was 2 of my friends' birthday month and we wanted to give them a surprise by getting them a cake. We only wanted a slice of cake actually, but it turned out they gave us 2 500g chocolate sponge cake which was not too bad! It was complimentary and we couldn't ask for less!
This time round, the linkway to the shopping centres were established and the shops were much more than last year! We're really quite happy with the location!
And moreover, breakfast never disappoints us, although it can get quite crowded as the peak hours! So go early to beat the crowd (if you can wake up around 7ish)
Also, the sky bar on level 22 was a new feature which we didn't get to use the last time (I think it wasn't built yet) and the view was great and it's really a nice place to chill out!
The only problem we have was the lift, it was kinda programmed the same way, so if all goes up, all goes up, so there is a crowd built up at the lift lobby each time..

But all in all, the standard is still there! And we'll definitely come back as it is sure value for money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here with family for 2 nights.
Room was king-sized, with a sitting room. There was a swimming pool ( didn't use) but also a gym which looks out into the Straits of Malacca.
Breakfast was the best of all the hotels we stayed in on the whole trip to Malaysia.
Close to all the shopping, if you like shopping,so that you almost don't have to step outside of the air-conditioning. Also close to town; you can either walk there ( cooler in the evenings) or cycle there, actually preferable if you have to cope with the heat during the day, as it creates a little breeze. Bicycles are complementary, through the hotel, and they come with locks and a helmet.

Watch out! On the way to our room, we saw that some rooms only had an internal view and it looked like a prison, so make sure you room looks outwards.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Booked 2 nights with Hatten Hotel and check in was a breeze. Room was clean and well maintained. I ordered the room service and the staff who answered me was friendly and efficient. Room service food that I ordered was good. Hatten Hotel is ideally located for Shopping and dining..

Room Tip: Room can be small for some people. If you plan for party or overnite with bunch of friends, this not...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hatten Hotel Melaka? Share your experiences!