“shortaways” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatten Hotel Melaka

You added Hatten Hotel Melaka to your Saves list
Hatten Hotel Melaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hatten Square, Jalan Merdeka, Bandar Hilir, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #10 of 148 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“shortaways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Myself n my wife stay in this hotel for 3 days 2 night during a long weekend holiday on August. We are very happy with the hotel location, just near to the tourist spot , eateries and shopping centre.

The only thing i feel that improvement is required on their lift system. As such a big hotel,they only have 8 lift. It is totally insufficient for hotel guest. We have to wait the lift for at least 5 minute everyday during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in Hatten Hotel for a 3D2N church retreat in Aug 2013. We were delightfully surprised when we stepped into the room to find a very modern, well-designed and spacious room with it's own sitting room cum TV and another TV in front of 2 twin beds.
The buffet breakfast and buffet dinner which we had in the hotel was a sumptuous spread with live cooking counters serving freshly cooked noodles etc.
The hotel is situated next to the shopping centres which takes the hassle out of traveling on the Roads and being caught in the massive traffic jams during the public holiday period.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went on a weekend getaway with family.

Wife loved it!
Hope that the hotel is maintained well. Will definitely return here or make it a point to stop over if we drive up north.

Likes:
Spacious Rooms
Two TVs ( one for my EPL , another for wife cooking shows)
Helpful staff
Central Location
Price

Dislikes:
None

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked a night stay for "family package" in Aug 2013. As stated in the package, 1 extra bed is provided. On that day, it took us for almost an hour to check in to the room in 10th floor. After 3 times of calling to the receptionist, then only the bed is deliver to our room. The shower in the bathroom was leaking. No laundry bag provided and short of a pair of slipper. Night time was noisy as we can hear the leaking sound from the toilet. The lift is slow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

With myriads of boutique hotels to choose from in Melaka city, I had decided to choose this new business hotel conveniently located next to shopping malls and rows of eateries. It is also a stone throw away from the Dutch Square and Jonker Street. The standard room is equipped with 2 TVs and a sleeping couch, it is perfect for a family of 3 to stay one room without additional bed. The kids loved the splash pool and had a good time. The breakfast cafe was too packed and we had to dine in the ballroom. Nevertheless, the put up 4 huge projector screening cartoons to keep the customers entertained while dining in the ballroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose Hatten because of its strategic location, its reasonable price with breakfast included, and because it's new. We had indeed made the right choice and had an enjoyable stay in Aug 2013 due to the smooth check-in, the friendly reception, the spacious room with great sea view, and the wide spread of breakfast! It's great value for money, and we would highly recommend this hotel!!Thumbs up!!

Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for only one night on a weekend. It was a good choice. Check-in was smooth and I didn't have to queue (I arrived at around 3.30pm on a Saturday). The lobby was busy but not to the point of annoyance. The receptionist was quick and efficient.

I had a very good first impression of the room. The first space was a lounge/living area where the minibar also was. Separated by a glass wall (which has blinds if you prefer it) was the bed area with the desk. There were two TVs - one in each space. Room and bathroom were clean and modern. Bed was super comfortable! Rain shower was also wonderful after a long day of driving with good temperature and water pressure levels. However, found that one of the floor lamps was not working. In fact, I didn't really like the lighting of the room - whatever combination of lights I turned on, it seemed either too harsh/bright or too dim. Also, the walls don't seem to be sufficiently sound-proofed. We could constantly hear the other guests walking about outside and in other rooms.

I had booked a deluxe sea-view room. The view was nothing to shout about as the Straits of Malacca is not known to be very beautiful to look at. However, it was nice being on a high floor (17th floor) and able to see all of the town and all the way to the sea.

I went to the H Spa for my appointment which I had booked beforehand. It is advisable to pre-book because when I got there, I saw a few guests who had come for the spa services only to be told they were fully booked and that they had to fix their appointments for a later time. I liked the ambience of the spa. It had a good blend of refreshing modern atmosphere yet still retaining a relaxing traditional spa ambience. I booked the Purely Pampering Treats package which for RM200, you get a scrub, a bath and a 90-min massage.

My treatment started with the scrub (you choose from a selection of 5 scrubs; I chose the Java lulur). From past experience at other spas, therapists do use some form of massage techniques when applying the scrub onto my body. However, the therapist here did not seem to use any form of technique while scrubbing me - she was merely applying the scrub then scrubbing away, so I was fairly disappointed at this point as I felt like I could have done this on my own at home. Next came the bath. I opted for a milk bath, which was great. They had a nice jacuzzi meant for two with modern features. I do wish the bath water was more milky; it seemed like they had skimped on the milk part a little.

Lastly was the massage. Now this was just awesome! Whatever doubts I had previously about my therapist quickly went out the window! However, I was doubtful about something. It was supposed to be the "H Spa Signature massage" but when I asked the therapist, she claimed that the spa had not trained her and that she was using massage techniques taught to her by previous spas. This made me wonder was my massage really H Spa "Signature" Massage? Since H Spa did not train my therapist for it? Hmm...

Location of the hotel was great. Although I did not go to the adjacent shopping malls, I did walk to Hard Rock Cafe which is about a 15-min walk away.

Parking is shared with Hatten Mall. I was lucky as I managed to get a parking spot just in time i.e. when the previous occupant was just about to leave. I saw many others were not as lucky as I was as the carpark was quite full.

Breakfast was really packed. Although we got a seat quickly, the atmosphere of the restaurant was very canteen-like, and there were long queues for the eggs. The good thing is that they are definitely not under-staffed, and the staff there were able to keep up with the crowd. The food was also satisfactory and they had a good selection.

All the complaints about the lifts are definitely true - long waiting times for the lifts and sometimes the lifts that arrived are already full and you then have to wait for the next one. I really think they should do something about this. It seems that the number of lifts is insufficient for the number of guests.

Room Tip: High floor is better.