“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatten Hotel Melaka

You added Hatten Hotel Melaka to your Saves list
Hatten Hotel Melaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hatten Square, Jalan Merdeka, Bandar Hilir, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #12 of 155 Hotels in Melaka
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is modern in design, quite new and so are the facilities and amenities inside the hotel. Our room is a superior suite with 1 king-size bed, a flat screen TV in the bed room and another flat screen TV in the small living room with a chic sofa. The beddings and pillows are clean and comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and towels are clean. We stayed on the 12th floor, same floor as the pool and spa. The city and partial sea view from hotel is vey nice but was obstructed by a huge crane as there is some construction going beside the hotel.

The pool is clean and beautfiul, and it has a poolside bar. Problem is the attendant does not have a cash register in the bar and would still have to liase / look for his supervisor for payments. They have salon and spa in the hotel but unfortunately they are fully booked.

Breakfast was not exceptionally delicious but just okay. Not so organize as the queue to breakfast was already blocking the elevators and hallway, food trays were not immediately replenished, food attendants were not very attentive.

The hotel is connected to two major malls, Melaka Megamalls Dataran Pahlawan and Mahkota Parade. It is also about 10-15 minutes walk to Jonker St. The walk could be very hot so wear light clothing or opt to walk around 5-6pm, like what we did, when the sun is no longer at its hottest.

Overall, our hotel stay was comfortable and we had a good time at Hatten Hotel considering we have a child on our trip, but if it is was just me and my spouse, then we would have opted for a boutique hotel near the Jonker area for what might be a better Melaka experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have always stayed since 2010 at Equatorial hotel which I persoanlly called the great old dame of Malacca hotels. I decided to make a daring venture to try Hatten for the very first time. Both hotels have the best locations strategically right smack in the city next door to Melaka Megamalls Dataran Pahlawan and Mahkota Parade. A stone’s throw to all the famous nyonya peranakan restaurants along Melaka Raya. If you know how to shortcut your way to Jonkers Street it only takes 15mins walk and you passed by famous historical sites like the A’Famosa, St Paul’s Hill along the way you would see famous museums before you reached the Stadthuys , the Clocktower and Christchurch. Ladies do bring a brolly for the scorching sun during the day can be unbearably hot and humid. Wow! Hatten really impressed me and my friend from the very first time we stepped into the hotel high ceiling lobby with stunning sparkling chandeliers like a grand entrance to a luxuriou hotels ambience.

I arrived earlier than the usual check-in time was told the room not ready. I insisted to have a room with a view and two single beds. The front office staff with a Filipino accent patiently and politely searched for almost 5 good minutes but to no avail. So I have no choice to settle for the king sized bed room for me and my friend but with a city view. Not unless I don’t mind the room with no view facing another building which she claimed was the hotel itself than only I get the twin beds. To my surprise the rooms are exceptionally big and roomy everything seems so brand new ‘cos it’s a new hotel. What impressed they can afford to have two LCD tvs which is not the norm as far I have not encountered in any hotels I stayed before. One in the bedroom while the other you can watch on the long sofa couch (day bed) in the lounge area when you opened the door and stepped into the spacious suite. Surprisingly two tvs but only one remote control.The king size bed is bigger than the usual king size bed that I have slept before in Genting hotel or even I hotel in Batam. The bed area is separated by a glass divider with blinds that you can wind down if you need to sleep while your partner preferred to watch tv in the lounge area.
The bathroom considered big to me though no bathtub which I rather not have. The shower area is separated with a glass door to keep the other areas of the bathroom dry. I especially find it very practical in the the shower room it has a little ledge for toiletries like shampoo,conditioner,soap and bath foam. Never come across this before in any hotels I stayed before. The standing shower room has two large shower heads; rainfall and body. The water pressure was constantly high which was great while the hot and cold water was easy to adjust.
My only frustration when I checked no hand towels not even face towels. The tissue paper in the box and the one miserable toilet roll was half used barely enough to last the next day. At least have the decency to provide one extra toilet roll.
Next day morning before we left the room we switched on "make up the room". To my dismay when we came back aft 3pm the room was not tidy up. No more toilet roll. No more tissue. No hand towels. No face towels. Believe it or not? The housekeeping was just two doors away from our rooms!!! My biggest annoyance when I went over to request nicely; housekeeper an Indian lady acted blur surprised me by asking me "oh you need to make up the room". She got the nerve to tell me "can you wait" never even apologised but disappeared back to the room? It so happened another two doors away I saw another housekeeping staff; I marched straight to them. Two guys inside the room: one busy making up the room while the other wearing a jacket sat at the daybed happily sing-a-song. I demanded to know why was my room from morning still not tidy-up? He gave me a lame excuse - "today very busy alot of guests check-in". What about no hand towels no face towels not enough toilet rolls and tissue paper? He answered with a smile "oh you can call us". I told him off when I check-in yesterday afternoon room not ready! I went for lunch and shopping came back almost midnight very tired don't expect to call for housekeeping? What I need a good shower and straight hit the sack! I argued that since morning the make-up room switch was on and I would expect when I come back the room tidy up and replenished all the essentials (I even left a note on the table what I needed).
Honestly, I was impressed with the big spacious room. Comfy king-sized bed with oversized pillows. Not one but two tvs. Ultra modern bathroom enjoyed the rainfall shower head.
Excellent breakfast spread with scrumptious large variety to suit anyone tastebuds.
However, the housekeeping standard leave much to be desired and leave a bad taste in my mouth - terrible plus horrible.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 15th floor far end corner room. Perfect view of the city include Porta de Santiago (A...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

To Whom It May Concern

Would like to give some comments on our recent stay at Hatten Hotel in Malacca. Period stay 13 May to 15 May 2013.
We were very glad to be given 2 connecting rooms as requested.

Good Points: Room very spacious, presentation, cosy & comfortable. Front desk and most staff are polite,freindly & courteous.
Woulk like to give credit to one of your staff Mr Syukri. He is very sincere and give accurate direction and also good recommendment
when we seek help.He is so helpful, polite, friendly and always smile. This is very good image for hotel enviroment. Overall very satisfied
with our stay at the hotel.

Bad points - Need immediately improvement: House-keeping should have someone reliable and responsible to ensure all rooms are
fully equipped with all the necessity that should be given. Such as towels, box tissues etc.. We found 1 towel missing and box tissue
not replenish.

Cleanliness & hygiene is a must. Found inside the kettle used tea leaves not being thrown away. Bathroom's dustbin not cleaned
after the rooms was cleaned. Negligence should not happen especially Hatten hotel is new. This is seriously unexpected.

Suggest all rooms must be inspected by supervisors before any guest check in. This will help to boost the good image of the hotel.
Good customer service, prompt room service, excellent and friendly staff will be a waste & unrecognise if there is no cleanliness,
hygiene and missing necessitiy in the room

Your Concern & Supportive guest

Ms C.E.L.L

Room Tip: Cant comment
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

i was given hotel voucher by hatten group. Wanted to use on friday & was told voucher cannot be used on friday and sat although no such condition stated in voucher. Wrote to hatten management more than 1 month ago about this and no reply to date. Is this the type of service from a good hotel?

• Stayed April 2013
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is in a centralized location next to mahkota parade, Phalawan mall. There are sheltered link way to mahkota parade at Level1 and Phalawan mall at level 2. Its is a short walling distance from the tourist attraction St Paul Church, Famosa and Joker Street.

The service excellent. The staff at the counter proceed the check in and check out efficiently. The staff serving the breakfast cleared the dish and set up the table fast.

The slight drawback perhaps is no Wi-Fi in the room, WI-FI only present at the Lobby and Level 11 , breakfast location. However, they provide internet cable to plug into wall socket of the room for laptop/netbook to internet access. Its not too bad after all. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

the hotel is quite new and clean, we had a nice room and the breakfast is great ie good variety and spacious.
the hotel is located at a very strategic place when one can access to Malacca town easily for sightseeing, dining, shopping and some other local attraction!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very nice hotel and excellent location. Right beside Mahkota shopping centre and directly opposite to Pahlawan. For the lazy travelers who don't like to walk much, this is a great location. 15mins walk to Jonker street.Near to Taman Melaka Raya where you find some nice places for Peranakan Food. I stayed in a Studio suite. Spacious and comfortable beds. It was a nice concept to have 2 TVs in room and to separate the space for sleeping while the couch potatoes can continue to watch TV. Small pool but nice location on the 12th Floor and it closes at 8pm. After closing the pool offers a nice quiet place to relax and surf the net Until they come around to close the place up which is sad. The only one thing that stop me from giving an excellent rating, No WI-FI in the rooms. Only at the lobby and pool area. Overall, I will still go back there again .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hatten Hotel Melaka? Share your experiences!