“No Water Supply” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Melaka
Ipoh, Malaysia
“No Water Supply”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This trip I come with my classmate about 40person. We book the whole hostel for a night. The water pressure is not enough to supply for the others 2 floor. Only the ground floor onli have wate suply. How come they was no enough water to supply for the whole floor. TERRIBLE!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is totally nightmare, for me it is the worst place that I ever stayed in my life. Me and my friends was lucky we just stayed here for only 1 night. First the location is different than the location based on the Google Maps (around 200m) and made me and my friends confused to find the place.

We got promotion price from one of the website with the price arounf RM47 for quadruple bedroom but when I arrived in the hostel at night (around 10pm) it was actually for only 2 adults and 2 children so one of my friend (we were 3 people) need to pay extra charge RM20. Too tired, we did not want to argue too long and paid the extra charge. So beware of this promotion when you buy room from the internet.

My room was located at 2nd floor just beside the washrooms and wash basins. There were few wash basins and most of them were leakage and make annoying water sound that disturbed us during sleep. The room was totally small and run down. The room was just enough for 2 queen beds without a bit extra space to put bags. There were a lot of mosquito inside the room and make us not comfortable. The blanket was quiet small for 2 people, but you actually does not need any blanket due to the AC was not cold. The pillow was totally rubbish due to it was very thin, so I decided not to use it. The room looked clean but somehow we felt itch when we slept on the bed. When we arrived around to the room around 10pm, the dog in somewhere outside the hostel was keep barking luckily it stopped around 12 o'clock.

But, It was just the beginning of our nightmare. The wash room on the second floor was dirty and the water was pressure was very low. But the worst is the toilet, on the second floor the toilet flush was broken, on the third floor there was totally no water, and on the first floor the flush was leakage and make the cannot flush. So basically I can said that THERE WAS NO PROPER TOILET IN THE HOSTEL! Due to I was urgently need to go toilet, I decided to take first floor toilet (no choice) and luckily there was a water dipper to flush my toilet outside the toilet. On the second day, we decided not to take shower because we were too lazy to queue due to there was only 2 working washrooms in the morning. This is the first time that I really feel wanna to get out from the hostel as soon as possible.

Will come again: Absolutely NO
Pro: ???????? Nothing
Cont: Too many to describes but the worst is NO PROPER WORKING TOILET!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2nights. The room is small but clean and neat. The bathroom is clean enough for it is a shared bathroom. The wifi is good. But the receptionist doesnt stay 24hours. Make sure you have booked the room 1st coz if you come late at night, and the receptionist isnt there, you just cant get check in, unless you have the local number and be able to call them by phone. It is 10minutes walking from 7eleven which is located near a restorn named Dawood. This restorn open 24hours and served halal food. It also located near Masjid Kampung Hulu.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

1. Mosquitoes breeding ground which leads to poor sleeping quality.
2. 3-beded room stinks which locates right next to the toilets
3. Dusty windows, wet ceiling, dirty & stained wall
4. Leaky air-condition
5. Poor cleanliness, stinky toilet & shower room, poor flushing system, downstairs damaged shower machine (without informing the visitors)
6. Poor efficiency in customer service
7. they use a very thin sheet as the blanket

The only good thing is this hostel is near the Jonker Street. In fact, it's pretty cheap also. However, my friends & I would NEVER COME BACK to this bad hostel.

Room Tip: read the reviews prior to room bookings.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights with friends. The room is quite small but clean with a big bed, the shared bathroom and toilet is dirty and the floor is always wet. Perfect location as it is in the centre of Melaka. But asides the cons, it was peaceful and filled with happy people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you're expected of place to stay over a night here. Do not book a 6 bed female dorm! First i was thinking the 'dorm' they said might be like other dorm in another hostel I've been before. But here, you only have mattress, pillow, thin blanket and bed sheet that you have to done it yourself

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Phuket, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had booked this hostel for 2 adults but I went there only one. I thought it would be worst if stayed two because the room was tiny and smaller than I expected.The shared bathroom was quite dirty and tiny also.But its location is very good,it located on the center of Melaka, located in the city center of all historical site just a few minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sayang-Sayang 2 Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!