“Luxury at it's best...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 148 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Luxury at it's best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is truly a luxurious treat that hard to forget. Everything from the welcome dessert (onde2 and ice lemon/ginger) to the room itself is very wonderful. The king size bed to the large bathroom (you can view television while enjoying your bath) its truly luxury at it's best! The personalize note book written by the previous occupants is also a nice touch! The infiniti pool and the spa is awesome too. Great honeymoon destination, highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Casa del Rio is a very fine hotel in a great location. The rooms are spacious and clean with some overlooking the river. The only problem, really, is that the staff, by and large, requires adult supervision. At reception, we were greeted by several young people, polite and enthusiastic; in fact, too much so. The young man who saw us to the room spent far too long explaining its various features. I mean, we have taken showers and used shampoo before, and we can generally find a light switch.
When I indicated we would be needing an early bus to Singapore, I was offered a bus that leaves from the hotel, but I was not told that it runs only at 4:30 PM. When I said I needed one at 9AM I was told, Well, there is one at 2:30. Finally, it took five minutes for the five or six young people at checkout to call a taxi, the first apparently never having heard such a request before, the second and third not finding the phone on the desk, and the fourth finally instructing the fifth to dial. As I said, a fine hotel, if a bit pricey, but staffing is a bit of a problem.

Room Tip: If you're going to spend the money to begin with, may as well opt of a room overlooking the rive...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We're so impressed with this place!

Upon arrival we were given a beautiful and refreshing treat of lime and ginger ice - delicious!

We were shown to our room, 3rd floor - room 315. Great location right next to the gym and pool!

The arrival staff member was super friendly and gave us a brief tour of our suite, which is really quite palatial with great decor and a lovely balcony which looks out towards the river and front water feature.

The location is great! Close to Jonker walk and all required amenities.

The pool is amazing! Infinity overlooking the river - one downfall - the tiles are extraordinarily slippery when getting out of the pool. Tread carefully!!

Turn down service ads a nice touch with oil burners, scented book mark, mosquito coil and hit chocolate sachets. All in all a great room!

The breakfast so far has been my only disappointment - with partial a la carte and buffet. I think the a la carte is unnecessary and to be honest, not great food.

But overall, amazing place to stay while exploring this beautiful and historic little town. Loved it!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stayed at several fine hotels in Melaka but the Casa has become my favorite for my last several visits. I enjoy everything about the hotel from the rooms, the service, the amenities, and the location - it is convenient to my work and to the town. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I haven't found a bad room yet but the rooms overlooking the river are nice at night when the li...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was nice and big. I love the view from the room and also the view in the hotel. They have a very nice and romantic view at night. Near to Jonker Walk and the city too. And near to Hard Rock Cafe, where you can enjoy a nice drink there, but kinda pack. Near to the famous chicken rice ball.

Staying here for 3N with my bf, and he love it. It's the most nicest hotel he had ever stayed. Love the infinity pool too, the staff working at the pool was very nice and friendly. I got a welcome letter from the hotel Manager, which is surprising. I got the mini bar in the room for free and free flow bar drinks at the Bar Rio.

The bathroom was very spacious. With the rain shower and a bath tub, cool! You can even watch the TV while enjoying the bath tub. And there's a rubber ducky beside the bath tub. Interesting. I realize that the hotel provide a really nice soap.

We enjoy a lots. Will surely consider of staying here again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind, spend a little bit more staying in this hotel, it's worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear avril_avonka,

Greetings from Casa del Rio,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. I will ensure to share you comments with the pool team, they will be happy to learn that they were mentioned in your review.

Please let us know when you will be back to visit, we will look forward to welcome you as a return guest to Casa del Rio.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel room is very clean and comfortable! Fit the price! The breakfast wasn't as good, had to walk to town to get decent breakfast! Location is super! Personally love the decorations in the room and the tub! Very spacious and bath salt is provided! It's the little things like this that makes the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Ruby S,

Greetings from Casa del Rio

Thank you, for sharing your experience and we are indeed excited to learn that we exceeded your expectations, yet you did mention that the breakfast buffet was not good, if you have a chance please feel free to contact myself on aarron.nelson@casadelrio-melaka.com I would like to hear from you on some suggestion to improve our breakfast, we constantly look into this to improve for all our guest.

I hope to welcome you next time you visit.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Everything about the hotel was excellent. From concierge, to front desk, to room, to bed, to view, to in-room perks, to ensuite, like I said, everything about the hotel was an experience. My favourite part of the room was the ensuite, big bathtub and a separate shower area. The shower area was GORGEOUS. Too bad I don't have pictures to share. Excellent location as well, right next to Jonker walk and just minutes walk to the mall and other attractions. Absolutely enjoyed my stay and will come back again when I can afford it. Well, you get what you pay for. LOL.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear smokeofsampoi,

Greetings from your home by the river!!

Thank you for your review, I am happy to know that you enjoyed both the room and the view, and that you noticed our shower area, the designer of the hotel spent quite some time and thought into this area, he would appreciate that you noticed.

Singapore is not far away, lets hope we can welcome you soon again.

Casa del Rio

Been to Casa del Rio Melaka? Share your experiences!