“An average hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sunflower Hotel Malacca to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Sunflower Hotel Malacca
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 57, Jalan PJ1, Taman Pertam Jaya, Padang Temu, Melaka 75050, Malaysia   |
Ranked #24 of 144 hotels in Melaka
Benta
“An average hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here with sister for 2nights. My sister chose and recommend this hotel as she said it's price is reasonable and the room is ok too. I just followed as we had no much to choose from. Hmm.. the room is ok, clean and neat. Staffs there are nice. What made me happy is that, they provide hair dryer freely, it's FOC! as i knew many hotels would ask surcharge for those services. We stayed for 2nights and provided 1bottle of drinking water each day. Breakfast is provided at sunrise cafe which located below the hotel but we did not take it. A lot of parking place in front of the hotel. It's quite quiet in the night since it's not located at the bustling street. There is also a few of astro channels, such as ESPN.. What let me down is, we had to share bathroom. There was no attached bathroom in our room. We need to walk a short distance to bathroom to have a bath. Location is not very strategic, a bit far from town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We are a family with three young children, stayed in the four bedroom villa two nights in the beginning of april.
First it was difficult to find the hotel as there are few JP 1 streets in Melaka and GPS brought us to a different place. But when we finally found the hotel, I was pleased it was clean and nice and the stuff was very pleasant. We arrived late and there was no food available in the hotel so they bought some food for us in a local restaurant. I found it very nice of them.
The house was big and spacious and very clean!
Two things I did not like:
1. Not enough dish in the kitchen. We were 5 and there were only two bowls for soup. No cutlers at all, we had to call for it.
2. The doors were squeaking terribly.
The location was very convenient, in a quiet residential area. 5 min from the centre of Melaka, better to have a car.
Our overall experience is very good and I recommend this hotel for a family.

Ps there were no swimming pool and fitness and it's by mistake I gave it bad rating (don't know how to remove it!)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at the One residence terrace house, handled and managed by Sunflower Hotel, along with 7 friends. The terrace is at the residental area just at the back of Sunflower Hotel.

AWESOME..!! That's all I can say. There's 1 master bedroom and 3 normal rooms. The master bedroom is so spacious..!! Even king size bed just cover 1/3 of the room area..!! You can play futsal in the room lah..!! Other rooms got 2 super single beds in each room. EVERY ROOMS have it's own toilet, which we shouldn't have to fight to bath or pee first..!!

We bought a promotion at MATTA FAIR on March 2012, consist 3D2N accomodation, breakfast for 8 people for 2 days, BBQ dinner for 8 people for 1 night (so plenty of foods, which myself and 7 of my friends couldn't even finish eat all of it), at the price of RM588. As i can see in the current brochure, the normal price is about RM470 per night, excluding breakfast etc. We were so grateful with the promotion.

Fast check-in and the amoy in the reception smile always. Fast wifi even been shared on 4 laptops. Satelitte TV. Spacious house. Really really big. 2 storey house mah. Car porch can put 2 cars. BBQ at the porch itself. The house on the arriving day was so clean.

Just 8 minutes from Banda Hilir..!! Drive out from the hotel area, 2 turns, straight road, there.. Bandar Melaka..!! So, you can go to menara taming sari, stadhuys, a famosa fort, hang li poh well, eat asam pedas, jonker walk, and so much historical places, just less than 10 minutes from where you are staying..!!

Have a microwave, a small fridge, no stove, no oven, dining with a table for 8, can rent a bicycle for RM10 per day to use it to town. Many shops and lots of restaurants nearby. I stayed at 4 hotels in Malacca before, and this is the best..!!

If you go with friends more than 6 persons, it's totally value for your money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Travelled with 3 other families. At first I was vary because this was not a hotel or a renowned chain but am pleasantly surprised to find an entire terrace house to rent for the night. There is a living room, dining area and kitchen, in addition to four nicely appointed room. The decor is basic but tasteful. So u will feel comfortable. Great for large family outings. A home away from home. Kids just love the space. No pool.

• Stayed August 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

It was the beginning if school holiday and most hotels (that are located within the town) were fully booked. We were lucky as SunFlower Hotel has rooms available.

We wanted our own bathroom and decided to stay at its double premium room. It has king sized bed with attached bathroom. I like the bed but would love to have more pillows (they only provide 2 pillows for the room). We were too lazy to ask for more pillows as we were so tired driving in the massive jam on our way to Melaka.

The hotel is not too far from town; it is within 5 to 7 minutes drive. They provide shuttle service to town and you can ask the front desk for the timetable.

It is a new hotel so I hope they could maintain their standard.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Superb value for money hotel. Well, certainly is right now when it's new. Nice concept of the shared bathroom, which is something certainly new to me in budget hotels. That most probably is the reason behind it's affordable price. Internet is normal and acceptable. One really plus point is the carpark lots right in front of the hotel,... FOC, 24/7, something that I must highlight since public car parks in Malacca is the only place in Malaysia where its also in operation on weekends and on Public Holidays!! Yes, that's 365 days per year.

Rooms are tight but also have a very pleasant, clean design which has simplicity at its best. Air conditioned of course not to mention also, have LCD tv's...Yeah, LCD tv's, branded one's, mind you. Quality sure is in place for the hotel as a whole. Staff are not too knowledgable about Malacca as a tourist destination but very, very friendly and always willing to help nonetheless. There's a meeting room too although I'm not sure of the rates or how is it like but as far as looks are concern, it's certainly above budget standard.

Nice, cheerful hotel that is easy to spot along the main road. Chinese restaurant/coffee shop just beside and also lots of other amenities such as sundry shop, clinic, post office...etc. \Well, it's just fantastic. I would give it 8.5/10 overall.

Oh yeah, they also have houses for accomodation (One Residence Stay) at the back of the housing area. Quite some walking distance from the hotel, certainly not adviceble to walk under the scorching sun, but once you're there in the house.....ulalaaa....
SHEER HEAVEN!!!!!!! I will not go deep into this one though but just a quick one instead. I would give it 9.5/10.

Certainly the best long term stay house concept that I've come accross in Malaysia. Wins hands down. U just gotta see it to believe. Enough said.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was the first time I visit to Sunflower Hotel. This is because the whole Melaka hotels were full due to SUKMA. Hence going round the town and I found out a new hotel called Sunflower Hotel. At first I was impressed by the cleanliness and friendly staffs service. I do not expect much because it is just budget hotel, but really impressed after I stayed for 2 nights.

Clean room with 5 star facilities like: Toshiba branded 32'' LCD TV with astro channels. Free wifi service, although not so fast, but enough for surfing facebook and youtube and emailing stuff.

They also provide shared bathroom rooms which is not my choice but a good choice for backpackers and students because the facilities are same, just the bathroom is outside the rooms, with cheaper price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sunflower Hotel Malacca? Share your experiences!