“Ignored” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Beuford Hotel to your Saves list
Beuford Hotel
Beuford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   373 - E/F, Jalan Melaka Raya, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #67 of 169 Melaka B&B and Inns
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Ignored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

On the evening of 9th April, I checked in a room at my most frequent and favorable Beuford Hotel. After 7 hours of straight drive, I was looking forward to a peaceful night resting in my comfortable room. However, my sleep was awaken by loud noises coming from next door at 330am. I laid down in bed hoping they would quiet down. Twenty minutes passed and it doesn't seem like they are getting ay quieter but the opposite. So, I picked up the phone and called the receptionist informing what is going on. He said he would take care of it however nothing was done. The noise became louder. I called the receptionist once again and his response was "Yes, but I already told them. You can change room." I refused to change my room as by then, it was already 4am. I heard the phone rang and soon after the voices of the men disappeared. The noise kept on going with only women voices, speaking in a foreign language that perhaps sounds like one of the dialects from Mainland China. And there were at least more than 4 of them in that room. I stayed awake and could not go back to sleep till 630am as that is when everything died down.

I barely got any sleep and I had another 4 hours of drive the next day. I am very upset and disappointed by the incident. Did I just spent RM120 per night in a ghetto backpackers lodge? Even then, they have rules of privacy and consideration.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the owner Christine, twice, before I got a reply from her stating that she has been busy and will look into the matter and keep me posted. However, up till today, 2 months have passed, I have not heard from her.

I never went back to that hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Staying 24-25 april 2014.
First time giving a review-Last min got to find a hotel for a night in Malacca when I was in Port Dickson, I knew there is this hotel at this location. I start to read up some reviews. I walk-in as it is a weekday and is definitely more worth it then booking online. Friendly staff. I met the Singaporean boss David outside the lobby, so friendly, get his staff to give me a name card asking me to give him a call if i had a problem. Had a nice chat with him. Met him again at night, walk me to a 7-11 nearby, showing me where is the nice food around and nearby night entertainment. Definitely extend his service as a owner and a boss.
Price is cheap as the location is good, nice food, coffeehouse, pubs, massage shop are within walking distance. Near to major shopping centres in Malacca.
Had a Deluxe king room, exactly like how it look in the photo. The comforter is so..so comfortable, I don't feel like waking up when is almost time to check-out lol. Room is spacious, toilet is spacious too. I like the rain shower, powerful water. Wifi is very weak in room, I believe is a major problem in most malacca hotels. If u know about the big budget hotel chained in Geylang area, in Singapore; price is lower but quality so much higher for Beuford hotel. Or, check out the hotel just beside beuford hotel, see the photo and compare the price and u will know why.
Few parking lots owned by the hotel.
Suitable for couples, family and solo traveler.
I will be back, David.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more to have Jacuzzi in room, if not, get your own shower form and your preferred shampoo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd time visiting this hotel already. The first and second time I went with my friends and the 3rd time I brought my family over to Melaka and stayed in this same hotel. The staffs were very friendly and polite. Not to mention, I met the owners of the hotel too. I was quite surprised that they didn't behave proudly but even offer to bring us around melaka's eateries during our first visit. They were really friendly and nice! I stayed in executive suite and family suite during my visits. I was very impressed that they even have jacuzzi installed! The rooms were clean and tidy, ambience was nice as well that made me didn't want to go out of the hotel but to laze in bed whole day. My friends and i really enjoyed the facilities and we thought that our money were really worth paid off! If I were to visit melaka again, I would definitely go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have to admit, when I read the reviews about this place, I was a little sceptical. But I went as my friend had recommended it and told me a Singaporean couple owned the place. To my surprise, the place was nothing like what everyone else had said. It was really good and I enjoyed my stay there.

When I got to the hotel, the receptionist greeted me politely and I had my bags carried up to the room for me by the workers. I got a executive suite with a jacuzzi and was impressed by how big and clean the toilet and rooms were. The Wi-Fi was good, so was the television. The location of the hotel is pretty near to several tourist attractions. Jonker street is about a 10 minute walk and Palawan Shopping Centre about 5 minutes. After a long day doing touristy things, I returned to the hotel, with ease and slept comfortably in my bed.

Even though there was no breakfast, the Singaporean owners, couple David and Christine recommended me to visit several coffee houses near by and asked me if my stay was okay. We chatted for awhile and they were surprisingly down to earth and very warm. I felt like I was at home. For dinner, the owners offered to take me to dinner but I declined as I wanted to stay in.

Overall, my stay was pleasant, definitely value for money. It was filled with great service and I felt like I was home. I think its not easy to please all customers but feel that the hotel staff at Beuford put in great effort to make our stays comfortable. I am rooting for the next time I go back. I will most definitely stay at the Beuford again.

Thanks David and Christine!

Room Tip: The executive suite is great for couples. Have to definitely try out the jacuzzi!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We will staying at Beuford hotel on the 14th December for 2 nights.We book a suite & we were very happy with the stays........the rooms is big.....I think its about 600+ sq feet for 2 bedroom.comes with 2 attach toilet & living/ dinning area.
The staffs are very helpful, owner is nice. rooms are clean.nice carpets.The bed is very comfortable,I had such a good sleep.Even better than my own bed.For such a small hotel.Its really value for money.And my kid loves the jacuzzi.We will surely come back again.Thanks tp Beuford for giving us such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Thumbs up for this Hotel!!! Spacious and tidy room to stay. I was very impress with the in built jacuzzi , when me and my wife was able to indulge in reminiscence , together soaking in the jacuzzi with our favorite champagne! The King bed was Fantastically comfortable! Service was impeccable! We really had a good time! We will come again !

Thks Beuford!!!

Room Tip: Beuford Suite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Checked in 24 aug family suite. The room size is acceptable but the flooring is horrible. If you are digi fan, the yellow of this hotel should be to your liking. But in my opinion it is very overbearing.The hotel is very calculative. Will charge for additional towel etc. Not even flexible in providing even a simple thing like glass or fork and spoon. Bear in mind they stick strictly to check out time12pm. Your keycard will not function exactly at 12. Cindrella make sure you come back when the clock strike 12..

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Beuford Hotel? Share your experiences!