“Very disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I was here as part of my package and so had the set lunch. I can't comment on the price as I don't know how much it was. But the beer was the cheapest i have had in Malaysia. As has been said elsewhere, I found the staff surly. The waitress who served the rice out of a large bowl gave me one spoonful, unenthusiastically gave me another half spoonful when I asked for more, and positively plonked it down when I asked for more! I felt a fellow feeling with Oliver Twist. There were four dishes. One was sweet and sour fish. I asked the waitress what kind of fish it was and she said grumpily that she didn't know. It was OK, though with more batter than fish. The prawns were tough. The chicken in the curry was so tough as to be uneatable. The boiled vegetables were tasteless. I was glad of the rice! Afterwards they served some watermelon and not especially appetising pineapple. I plan to recommend to the tour company I'm travelling with that they don't use this restaurant again.

Visited September 2013

Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very reasonably priced, don't understand why there are tourists who said it is sooo expensive. However, it is just normal food with no real taste of nyonya dishes. Waiters are not friendly but you can just let them be. Ignore them and eat ur food. Overall, it seems like a restaurant with 10% walk in customers and 90% tourists brought in by local travel agent.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a meal with my business friends on a trip to malacca. No doubt the house is beautifully decorated and furnishings authentic and dated. Go there for the ambience but food is nothing to shout about but edible. I had fish head curry which tasted like typical mamak curry, lo hon chai which was ok, prwans in sambal sauce which tasted a tad too sweet. The fish ball soup was ok. The pie tee was the only thing that i reallynenjoyed along with the acar. I suppose u need to know what to order....the chendol was not good at all. Frozen in the fridge because the green chendol tasted dry and brittle.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The best place to hide from the midday sun and enjoy a cool drink while you watch the world go by. The decor is funky.

Visited July 2013
Macau, China
“dining standard a la carta local dishes at a traditional upper class mansion.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure why people said its expensive and service is bad. we had beef randang and udang petai(small size), with rice and lime juice for two. they taste good and the bill is only 30 myr, or 10USD. I can't complain for having some yasty food at such a lovely chinese upper class mansion.

In terms of service, i think they are allright for chinese place. oh come on, if you want how-are-you-all-the-time , better to visit those tourism-oriented felipino serving restaurant. you will hear sir sir sir or madam madam madam if you like. They are well trained for the westernized dining experience. but chinese local restaurant service is nothing but like that.

my tips is order the food that the price is shown in menu. dont conern too much on waiter's face but look at how lovely of the building and enjoy your food.

• Visited June 2013