“Best choice! We had a wonderful stay : D” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   91, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (Heeren St.), Melaka 75200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 156 Hotels in Melaka
Sydney
“Best choice! We had a wonderful stay : D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I picked this hotel based on all the reviews from trip advisor, being number 1 on the list, I don't think this can go wrong. Their service is so friendly & personal, exceeded all our expectation! Just what I like about small hotels. We loved it so much that I like to stay an extra night, but because it was Chinese new year/ holiday season, all rooms was booked out! LOVE the decoration of our room, they kept a lot of the Chinese old house features around the hotel, but yet, it is very stylish & comfortable. I've picked the Heritage Deluxe room over the Junior & the Executive Suite, because I love the Chinese theme of the room. But this room is situated on the ground floor, so we can hear upstairs walking around, but it was not unbearable. The room cost us RM320.00 ($105 AUD) nett with breakfast.
The hotel is right in the middle of everything, can't ask for a better location!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to this city.

• 3 of 5 stars

KL, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

When my wife suggested Courtyard @ Heeren, I was not really enthusiastic about staying there. Surfed the net and I was impressed with the photos of the decor. Wondering if they were what they claimed. True enough, I was impressed when we walked into the reception area. I think the owner greeted us and even served us cendol with gula melaka. And the room, just as it was in the website, we like it, rustic yet contemporary. Shower is superb. Even though it was fully occupied, it seemed like nobody staying there,quietness that is. Staff were attentive enough to make your stay comfortable. Downside though, room was not soundproof enough. All in all, recommended for any traveler.

1 Thank AhChak
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I travelled to Melaka on my own for one night on route to Singapore from KL and thank goodness I'd change my mind at the last minute and booked a room at the Courtyard.

I arrived late and weary and couldn't have been better looked after. Totally disagree with unhelpful staff comments, the place is run by a lovely family that couldn't do more for me - bought my onward coach ticket and took me to the bus station the next afternoon, suggested places to eat and things to see, smiley, helpful, chatty...

the hotel is small and perfectly formed - although its very new, so don't expect an old rustic experience, but the rooms are beautifully decorated with antiques and i had a gorgeous big old bed and one of the best night sleep on my trip.

Thoroughly recommended, especially for single travellers - a highlight of my extraordinary trip around Malaysia.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate_E2
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Booked in here after all the good recommendations and were not disappointed. Lovely hotel where they have kept the exterior original but stripped out the interior and put in individual 'pod' rooms along lovely corridors. We travelled by motorbike and they were very helpful with all our gear. Melaka is pretty small and compact. We stayed just for one night and felt we managed to cover everything we wanted to. Would recommend the Coutyard unequivocally.

1 Thank TW_Travel
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

This family run hotel was a pleasure to stay in. My family (myself, husband, 1 year old and my parents) stayed for 2 nights where we were welcomed with open arms. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The hotel decor is stunning; the contemporary feel of hotel has been blended with the Chinese elements with grace and ease. The rooms are delightful, the quality of the bed linen is beautiful, the bathrooms are well appointed with a huge shower head being the highlight! The central location is extremely user friendly being within easy walking distance of all the sights. I cannot recommend staying at the Courtyard @ Heeron highly enough.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OO1HK
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

A traditional courtyard house in the old (now tourist oriented) chinese part of Melaka, the building has been thoughfully converted to provide a comfortable and attractive environment. Very new and shiny when we stayed there . The family led management is very friendly, helpful and efficient, and look set to maintain its high standard and make it a continuing success. Well located for the main sights of tourist interest.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

I endorse all previous comments about this attractive, comfortable, well located hotel. The Tye family's welcome was outstanding, the advice on things to see and places to eat in Malacca was excellent and far beyond what one might expect. I am amazed at the previous reviewer's comments about unfriendly service.
The well appointed rooms are very quiet. The flip side of this, of course, is that they face an internal courtyard so some of them are a bit dark and there is no view of the street, but this is inevitable in a building converted from an old shophouse. If you want a view, go to a modern tower block.
The breakfast was a basic, plated, western-only, no choice offering. It seems there is sometimes a buffet but this is only laid out when the hotel is busy, which it was not when we were there (midweek).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple