“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 146 Hotels in Melaka
Port Dickson, Malaysia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

we had a short vacation in melaka on 1st June and this hotel within our budget. Nothing much to expect, but still got a good location, near the river cruise, friendly staff, spacious room for 4 of us, two adult with one 3 years old kid and one 8month baby. TV reception not so good,but we spend most of our time outside, so nothing much to complaint. There was no hand towel provided Breakfast was good..and will come again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ALMLKN, General Manager at Avillion Legacy Melaka, responded to this review, July 22, 2014

Thank you very much to share with us your experience at Avillion Legacy Melaka.

Your constructive feedback, both positive and on areas for improvement, is very helpful to us and we will review the highlighted areas with our team to make changes within our processes and operation where appropriate.

We appreciate your kind understanding and look forward to serving you better on your next visit to our hotel.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We checked in on 10 May 14 for a 2 nights stay. It was my third stays at this hotel. I like this hotel as it is near Malacca Central and away from the city where the traffic congestion was bad.

The room is big with king size bed. The cleaning part need improvement. The staffs are helpful although they were not smiling at all times.

It was a good stay and I would be back.

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ALMLKN, General Manager at Avillion Legacy Melaka, responded to this review, May 23, 2014

Greeting from Avillion Legacy Melaka!

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel products and services. Your positive comments and feedback will surely encourage our team fulfill our mission to delight and satisfy our guests.

We hope for an early opportunity to welcome you for a return visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Wife booked a night stay for a short getaway trip to melaka.upon checked in was upgraded to premium suites free..went to the room and it was so spacious..with separate hall for watching tv.i guess its a money well spent here..just few shortcomings such as poorly ventilated room few power points were not working and smelly carpets..overall its a decent hotel..

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ALMLKN, General Manager at Avillion Legacy Melaka, responded to this review, May 16, 2014

Thank you very much to share with us your experience at Avillion Legacy Melaka.

Your feedback is very helpful to us and corrective action has been taken and continue to strive towards achieving excellence in service.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Can you believe it?? A 4 star hotel having cockroach in the room! Well, this is not what I expected from such a famous hotel and is part of Avillion group.

I booked your hotel room through Asiaroom.com and found the rates very reasonable. Secondly, I've been to Melaka many times and saw your hotel building, which really interest me to come & stay over. So last weekend on 10 May 2014, my colleagues invited me & my husband for her wedding reception in Melaka, so we thought of staying overnight in Melaka after the wedding dinner. The first hotel comes to my mind is your hotel. Anyway, after our arrival for check in, your front office staff was also quite blur. She wanted me to pay for the room charges, whereas Asiaroom.com already charged me in advance. Luckily you have another not so blur staff tell the blur staff don't need to charge me. Otherwise she "putih-putih" charged me and I'll be very angry at the point of time.

So when I reach room 1309, it seems normal. However your bed sheets was torn with a hole, and you guys use it again for guest room. Looks very unprofessional of a 4 Star hotel, either your housekeeping staff not well trained, or your management not keen to check. The bathroom is not well maintained, there are stained on the toilet seats, green algae on the ceiling and the bathtub have cracking sounds! Ewwww, is very disgusting! And then there was no hair dryer in the room, till I have to call your housekeeping staff to bring over. But that not stop there, your housekeeping staff came into the room to inspect, as it I was lying to them, only to find that the hair dryer was really not there, they went out again and send me at second round. Duh!! And you know what, I was thinking whether is it I booked through Asiaroom.com at a discounted rate, therefore I get dirty and low maintenance room!

Now the heights was when I woke up in the morning, I found a dead cockroach lying on the floor! How can this happened?? I had never stayed in any hotel that have cockroaches, not even in 3 Star hotel! And this is Avillion my goodness! It really freaks me out because I'm phobia to cockroaches. I called to your housekeeping and complained, they just send a staff to pick up the dead bug and spray some insecticides. That's it!

I demand an explanation from your hotel management. Not just a simple apology and you can get away with it as I saw a lot of your comments to other travelers. I will send the picture to your hotel official email soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much to share with us your experience at Avillion Legacy Melaka.

It was our pleasure to be of service and we would like to express our appreciation of your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Comments made have been noted and addressed with relevant department to maintain Avillion Legacy Melaka as a premier choice of accommodation for all discerning travelers. It is such invaluable input that helps us constantly evaluate, improve and monitor our standard of performance.

We really look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to our hotel.

Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Booked 2 rooms using booking.com, at reception when there was only 1 guest in front of me and 3 employees standing behind the counter, so in all honesty, I did not know why the waiting time was more than 20 minutes. Handled over the passport for the room registration but was pleasantly surprised the staff registered both rooms under one passport, not so sure about the security repercussions.

Requested for a baby cot and when it was brought to the room, did not utilise it at all as the cot was shaking so badly that it seem as if it would just break down. Upon closer inspection, cracks were found on the wooden frame.

Free car park but dimly lit, so have to be more vigilant when walking at night.

The concierge and security staff were very friendly and helpful, especially in giving directions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ALMLKN, General Manager at Avillion Legacy Melaka, responded to this review, May 3, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

it is okay to have a stay for some business conferences because it is located in the city itself. and it is not that far to any mall in malacca itself. the room is big and the shower is fine. they can improve more with their breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ALMLKN, General Manager at Avillion Legacy Melaka, responded to this review, April 21, 2014

Greeting from Avillion Legacy Melaka!

In such invaluable input helps us constantly evaluate, improve and monitor our standard of performance.

We hope for an early opportunity to welcome you for a return visit, and ensuring that this time around, you will experience true Avillion Legacy Melaka hospitality!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

it was my weekend getaway with my love one . it was very worth it as we can stay in the room and relaxing in a very spacious and comfortable room. the parking is also organized . the breakfast could be varied more . and also the price for hotel services is not that expensive . it is a great place to go and have a weekend vacation.

Room Tip: corner suites are larde and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear value guest,

Greeting from Avillion Legacy Melaka.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our products and services.
Your comments and feedback will surely encourage our team to fulfill our mission to delight and satisfy our guests.

Once again thank you and look forward to welcome you back!

Best regards

Been to Avillion Legacy Melaka? Share your experiences!