“VERY POOR customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ninety Six (906)

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Ninety Six (906) to your Saves list
Hotel Ninety Six (906)
22, 22A, 22B, Jalan Melaka Raya 15 | Taman Melaka Raya, Melaka 75000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“VERY POOR customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Hotel 906 ( Batu Berendam 2)
the attitude of the night shift receptionists was very poor &
the facilities provided was not up to standard. There should be two layer of the blanket but how come we were only given one ? we have never encounter a problem with bedsheet or blanket before & this is the 1st time ! It should be the very basic skill so please train your housekeeper ! Beside this , there is NO bathmat (which is only a cloth on the floor)and mirror( except for the one in the toilet) and no mineral water given to us ! we have to go to the counter and ask for mineral water everyday after our long day trip outside ! they should have prepared those thing everyday as a routine and not only for showcase on the 1st day! please take our feedback seriously and make IMPROVEMENT

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my hubby on 2 weekday nights, it was not our first choice as we were hoping to stay somewhere closer to the city centre. Unfortunately, all the reasonably pirced hotel rooms such as those in fenix inn were sold out and we ended up staying here. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is pretty decent given the price we paid. However, the room really has very bad sound proofing walls. We could actually hear the snorings of our next door neighbours throughout the whole night. As the room was pretty near to the main road, noises from the road and carpark were also very disturbing. It was only until 1.30 am that the noise level from outside became more tolerable on our first night. Also, the hotel is not that near to major shopping malls, the walk took more than 10 minutes. Therefore, we felt that it is not a very ideal stay unless one is left with few choices.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I made a reservation for Family Room (1 Queen and 2 Singles) on Aug 24. They replied with an email and phone call on Aug 25 to confirm my reservation. I called on the evening of Aug 26 to confirm my reservation and they replied with a confirmation for 1 Queen and 2 Singles.
When I arrived there on Aug 27, they told me there was no room reservation made for 1 Queen and 2 Singles. I was then given a Triple Room.
How could they have 3 confirmations and yet no confirmation when I arrived???
The manager was out at that time and promised to call me when he got back to rectify the matter. Until today, he has not called me. I think he has probably resigned already.
Also, DO NOT sleep here if you have a bad-back. The matresses are of low quality and feels like they were manufactured using cheap springs.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a night and it's not hard to find as the hotel provide a clear location map. The hotel is strategically located in Melaka Raya and near to Mahkota Parade and Pahlawan Mall. We checked in around 3pm and were assisted by helpful staff. As the weather in Melaka is pretty hot hence the room was a bit warm as we entered. The problem was solved after we on the air-condition for a while.

The room was relatively small compared to bigger hotels and it was clean. The only flaw is that we saw some ants on the table next to the TV. Free parking is available right in front and opposite the hotel hence it's quite convenient if you are travel by car.

At the rate we are paying, we don't expect complimentary breakfast. Simple breakfast was served and taste alright.

We are quite happy with the hotel room as we don't expect extraordinary from the hotel hence no disappointment. Will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with family. Room is not bad at all. Booked a family room though for four adults.

Cleanliness is a thumb up.
Staffs were friendly.
Breakfast was simple.

Will stay here again in future. :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
melaka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

LOL!!! I made an online reservation, then I get an email reply. Next I get a phone call remind me about the email, so I say "Ok, I will check the mail and call back" After read the mail and discuss with my friends, I call the hotel back. (this is the funny part which make me change my mind and dont wat to stay there). Using my Nokia...I just check my received calls, and call the HQ(I save both HQ and batu berendam phone number)... surprising the staff say she did not know ANYTHING and advice me to call the batu berendam branch...(but HQ staff that call me earlier) never mind,, I just call batu berendam....and once again...the staff know nothing..and ask me to call the HQ. so guys...I'm afraid they will give me a wrong room if I stay there... lol.... dont want to take the risk, my holiday should be fun...not confusing like this... ;D

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
kuala lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Before i booked this hotel, i got the impression that any shophouse turned hotel is not going to be cleaned but i was very surprised as it was the other way round. NO doubt compared to others big hotels the rooms are a bit smaller in size but who cares as u wont be spending the whole day in the room. The beds are good n the bedsheets is white n cleaned, most important no smell. The toilet is small but cleaned.
Value for your money. The breakfast is too simple , they should try to improve on the food, anyway we went out for breakfast as hotel location is very convenience n finding good food is no problem ..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Ninety Six (906)? Share your experiences!