“stayed in the lalit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa

You added The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa to your Saves list
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raj Baga, Canacona 403702, India (Formerly InterContinental the Lalit Goa Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Canacona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“stayed in the lalit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

had 20 glorious days at the lalit hotel in goa excellent food, excellent location, superb accomodation, beautiful gardens .staff are efficent frendly and pooffessional .AmRiTa in guest relations took special care of us always there with advice and info ....ANIL kumas restaurant manager taught us all about the delights of GOAN CUISINE .WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A UP MARKET HOTEL IN PEACEFUL SURROUNDS WITH EXCELLENT SPA FACILITIES WE WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR FROM TOM /SUE DIGNAM DATE STAYED 8TH JAN TO 28TH JAN 2013

Room Tip: groud floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us and helps us in adding more value to all your future stays.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you again at The Lalit Goa.

Warm regards,
Satya Roy Chowdhury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Thane, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went there on a company outbound trip and we had a great time at a great location. The rooms were, like the property, spacious and well decorated. The rooms are located on 2 floors, the upper floor with balconies, and the ground floor rooms opening out on to one of the many lawns.
The staff was friendly and the service impeccable, as is to be expected from 5 star properties.
The food was the standard Indian star hotel fare, but with no Goan specialties on offer, it was a huge disappointment to me.
The private beach is maintained and clean. There are sunbeds dotted at the edge with coconuts, pineapples and massages on offer. The golf course was cared for and regularly water despite rarely seeing any golfers tread the grass. The golf carts were reduced to ferrying visitors to the beach and back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, March 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am so glad to hear, u liked room which is in 2nd floor attached balcony, Hope you had comfortable stay. I am pleased to inform you that we do have goan specialty at Our Specality restaurant Cortas .

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you again at The Lalit Goa.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was my first time to come to India on a business trip. Personally I like the hotel; rooms are spacious, beach view is beautiful, hotel staffs in general are quite friendly and helpful but a little bit slow. Bad thing is that this hotel quite far from airport. It took me 1,5 hours to get there. Not to mention that the road condition has a lot of turns and up & downs. Good thing it's very close to the famous Palolem beach which is only 10 minutes away by taxy.

Foods are quite good in the hotel so we don't have to find anything outside and price also quite affordable considering that the hotel is located in quite a secluded area. If you like Indian food, this is one of the best place to enjoy it. We know one of the chef named Vicky; he is really friendly and pay personal attention on our needs about having international cuisines during our work there since some of our conference team members are not used to spicy Indian food, and honestly he did a fantastic job! His melted brownies is just amazingly delicious and he also have some other fantastic deserts. In general we had quite pleasant stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that service rendered by my team contributed to the memories. Your kind appreciation of Chef Vicky motivates him and the kitchen team and him to create delight for guests of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.

Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Positive: Nice hotel, good food, nice and clean territory, friendly staff, good room service.
Negative: only 30 places on the beach.. Our room was terribly smoked (cigarettes) and smelled so that I could not sleep for 2 nights (me and my husband have asthma, we tried to change the room, but no room was available..unfortunately no upgrade was also suggested by the staff- while in other countries if the hotel provides stinky room ..and have no other similar rooms available, it always suggests any other variants!)
Special thanks for the help of Chairam Trivedi! Provided all the necessary information, spoke good Russian and was always available for assistance!
Inga

• Stayed January 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I apologize for lapse in response times experienced by you and your family We have noted your points on Smoking Room given to you and shall take these up, thank you for bringing them to our notice.Your feedback is being shared with the concerned departmental teams.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the other services of the hotel such as the golf course and spa.

Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement. I once again thank you for it.

Vilnius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was perfect holiday in the nice hotel. It was our first visit to Goa. We went there with my husband from cold Lithuania and found a sunny and perfect relax.
We also thank ChatramTrivedi. This guide made our visit more interesting.
Couple from Lithuania

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the drive & layout of our facilities. It is our endeavor to create great experiences.

We do look forward to welcome you back, when you are next in Goa.

kolkata
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Gorgeous spacious rooms, lovely lobby, amazing pool, great beach, good food but are all these things sufficient when the service is not upto the mark. We stayed at the hotel for a night and had a great saty but just a couple of hours before checking out I met with a bad accident where I slipped and banged my head against the bathtub and got a gash above my eye. My husband had to call the front desk 3 times before they actually sent someone. he kept requesting for some ice and they took quite some time to get it. There was no hotel doctor available so we asked for a car to take us to the hospital. We had a car with us but we were 2 couples so we wanted them to take the car directly to the airport since their departure was before ours and they already had cut it quite close. The hotel kept insisting that we go in their car and go to the airport after that. and it wasnt that cars werent available. Finally i lost it and told them if its a question of money we shall pay double the charge but they need to give us a car. All this was happening while my gash was still bleeding.
The injury was my fault, am not blaming the hotel for that at all, but there could have been some common courtesies from their side to help us out. We were quite dissapointed

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments regarding the problem you faced. Our guests are of utmost importance to us. The lapse in our endeavor occurred due to a miscommunication of a request for Doctor on Call. Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding the needs of the esteemed guests. We do take great care that our guests don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments seriously as it reminds us of how important it is to get the basics right. Our goal is to provide our guests with warm, efficient and personalized service. I have discussed this matter with our team and every effort will be made to ensure that similar incidents do not arise again in the future.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience(goagmoffice@thelalit.com)

Yavatmal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice Place , This was My second visit to this resort, I felt good to see that it is still maintained, Location very far from happening places in Goa, But why do you wanna go elsewhere when the world is there, Good Ambiance, Nice Service.We went there along with My wife & 3 year old Daughter.
Of course i Lost my cell Phone there (at the Beach), But i am the 1 who is responsible for that, Only thing which i felt bad was on the last Night of our Stay, My Daughter used to sleep earlier so we went to restaurant @ 8 pm & we had planned that once she is done with her dinner & asleep , we will have few drinks & will then have dinner, But the restaurant Manager kept on insisting that we should have it right now or ....Finally i had to tell him , if that is the case, we will pay for it, however when we came back @ 10.30, we didn't saw the gentleman there.

But Over all a wonderful experience, I will go again there, And Plz Plz Plz, if any body from the management is Listening " I Wish They Had a discotheque There"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Pursuant to your feedback, we have had a detailed meeting with the concerned departments; the management of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of your points and we are extremely regretful about it. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that service incidents do not occur again.

Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement. Your patronage to our group is of great value, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa and experience the difference.

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!