Goa : the lalit : "amazing place for destination wedding "
date : 5-6-7 july 2010
my friend had booked this hotel for his wedding and we were provided with a stay out there at the hotel for 3 days as all his wedding funtions were suppose to be taking place out there .
we had a airport pick up by the hotel bus .
the hotel is almost at the border of goa and karnataka and the journey from the airport to the hotel took us almost 2 hours ,which i thought was a little hectic.as the roads were bad towards the end.
we had an nice and warm welcome at the hotel by the hotel staff with a garland of flowers and cold water.
we had to wait for a bit till we got our rooms as we had reached out there early in the morning. and also there was another wedding the day before so the people had not checked out of their rooms.and by 11 am we got the rooms
the hotel is huge it is spread over 70 acres making it one of the largest hotels in south goa.
getting from reception to the room took us almost 12 mins appx but the walk was a worth .we saw the rooms they were huge the rooms were almost 50 sq mts or 500 sq ft.
the room had a huge balcony and a very nice bathroom.the beds were amazing .they had two single beds but since we were a couple we had to join them so when someone is checking in they can make a request from before to the hotel for a king or queen size beds.the room has a nice plasma tv and a nice sofa seating to sit and makes u feel very warm and relaxed in the room .in india you normally dont tend to find such great size rooms as this was a normal room and not a suite .
the hotel has nice funtion halls and a nice area for breakfast. the food was nice.
the hotel has a very nice and huge swimming pool.
i would suggest this hotel to all my friends and family members if they want to have a destination wedding or even for a normal stay.
and i was very glad to venture out a stay at such a nice property .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa - located near the Raj Baga beach, offering 255 suite rooms. Spread over 85 acres offers the real experience of Goan accommodation. Features include a Spa, Swimming Pool, Sports complex, 9 hole 36 par Golf course & fantastic restaurants. With seven banquet halls/meeting rooms, ideal for all types of corporate events, conference facility, meeting facility, weddings ceremonies and wedding receptions. Facilities also include a supervised kid’s area with a variety of activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa Hotel Canacona
- The Lalit Golf And Spa Resort Goa
- Intercontinental The Lalit Goa Hotel
- Canacona Inter-Continental
- Intercontinental Canacona
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa Canacona