“Paradise perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozy Nook

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Cozy Nook
You added Cozy Nook to your Saves list
Palolem Beach, Canacona 403603, India   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Paradise perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The nicest spot on the most beautiful beach in Palolem. Our wonderful host, Aggie, made sure we had some of his stupendous home cooked Goan food. The rooms are so well thought out...hand stitched curtains, stone tile floors, antique desk & chair, super huge and comfy bed & great shower with lovely towels.
You can sit in the hammocks and stare out upon the quiet sea and wide open beach. Our two kids (7 & 3) were in heaven and never wanted to leave. We can not wait to return to paradise at the Cozy Nook.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Let's break this down:

Rooms - sure, you get solid walls and floor instead of plywood huts, but your ceiling is shared with adjacent rooms. So when they're chatting at night, you hear every word. Hot water wasn't always available (but was priceless when it was). Note: there is a variety of rooms, other may be better.
Location - quiet, a little too quiet for me. Very little socialising going on on this side of the beach anyway, and this place is at the very far end of it.
Restaurant - reasonably priced, not the yummiest this side of the beach has to offer (try Fernandes a few shacks down), and the service is hilarious - I order a Lassi, 20 minutes later it makes its way from the kitchen to the bar, and stands on the bar for an additional 10 minutes before the waiter (who had been there all along) grabs it and brings it over to my table. And I was the only customer at the time.
Staff - indifferent, including the lady manager.

I paid Rs 1000 for the solid walls. After two nights I realised I didn't need them and moved to a coco hut smack in the middle of the beach, with lots of social life around (but no hot water) for half that price. Simply unnecessary.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Goa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I am in total disagreement with the previous two reviews. I am single and have been travelling to Goa for more than ten years. I have stayed at Cozy Nook on many occassions sometimes for up to six months on a trip. I met the Bar Manager, who was then a waiter, on my first stay there. I and other single girls/women who I know to have stayed since have never complained of harrassment from him of any kind. He is helpful and friendly and makes anyone that comes to stay for short or long periods welcome. English is his second language, learnt by talking to Westerners over the years, so if either of the previous two reviewers felt harrassed or uncomfortable perhaps it was simply because the actual meaning of what was being said was lost in translation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Location: North end of the beach, near the island.
Had a wonderful time. The staff was great and helpful, Food was awesome although the service was late, but when the food came on the table ; nothing to regret for. The Rate;s are reasonable, the cottages are done up well with Funky Indian Furniture, spacious and having a great view. The beds were comfortable with clean bed linen. Enjoyed the authentic Goa'n Food , the lovely Tan door food, the morning banana chocolate pancakes.......

Great place, Lovely people
Would love to come back.

Room Tip: Deluxe Cottages with their unique design and Furniture Rock's, have a great sea view, can hear t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Woking
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I'm in total agreement witht the previous girls review. I have travelled around India many times and encountered most of the blatant Indian men suggestions and in some cases hands...! but my stay at Cozy Nook was totally ruined by the harassment from the Bar manager. The place is beautiful and set on the North end of the beach which should be a perfect and idyllic spot and would have been apart from the uncomfortable feeling when I did not accept certain advances. I really loved the general vibe and staff and yes the food was slow but it is like that almost everywhere but again I agree that there wasn't any management intervention with some of the most basic issues it just seemed like you had to like it or lump it and for over £40-£50 per night it isn't the sort of service you expect.

Palolem is well worth a visit but I'm afraid the Cozy Nook will not be on my list again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I'm a single girl and my trip to India was an eye opener and only eclipsed by my stay at Cozy Nook. I arrived tired and in need of the beach and was immediately embraced by the staff whom in general were very accommodating and pleasant though tired looking. (I was especially targeted by the manager for special treatment which started to get very upsetting the more I stayed as I was propositioned a few times to see his hut and many comments about me feeling/being lonely). As I said I was on my own and this just seemed to fan his flames. I was shown a decent beach hut and given the price which as I had just arrived I agreed to and settled in. Only after a bit of research I realised that this was ludicrous overpriced. You can get the same accommodation literally 10 metres away for over 2/3 of the price. They say it is location but after talking to other people who stayed here the prices have quadrupled in 3 years due mainly to greed of a few. The food was good but very slow to appear. It just seemed as if there wasn't any structure to the staffing or service.
I moved out after 2 days and found a comfortable place next door with great service at a substantially less rate. If you are a girl on your own I would not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We arrived here after 3 fabulous relaxing days in Loutolim staying with an amazing goan family at Garcia Branca. We were a little bit anxious never having seen decent pictures inside the beach huts but our fears quickly disappeared on arrival. The semi deluxe cottages are spotlessly clean and the furnishings of a decent standard. I was particularly keen on the size of the gap above the open air bathroom door but was fine after the first night when I realised nothing has bothered us in the night.

I truly learnt how to relax here in the 5 days we stayed. We ate most of our meals here and drank here in the evening only venturing out for walks and new years eve fun with new friends. Food is exceptional here but like previous reviews have stated, dont order if you are starving as you wait too long and think they have forgot about you. They haven't, it will come eventually.

Our bill on check out was exceptionally cheap, the place is a real bargain. Was so sad to leave and considered extending our stay but had prepaid the next hotel. We loved it so much we are going back in April.

Room Tip: We had hut 3 location Fab not keen on big hole above bathroom door open to the elements a frog share...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cozy Nook? Share your experiences!