We went in December and I'm still angry about this dreadful place.
First of all, the name. It's not particularly green, and how do a few huts and a restaurant make it a resort?
But those are mere details. Let me explain why you should avoid this place.
1. It's crammed into a tiny stretch of beach along with two other places so there are about 75 huts for a few metres of totally mediocre beach.
2. The plumbing is a joke. Blocked drains, blocked toilets. Yuck, smelly, unhygienic, dirty.
3. The food in the restaurant is no better than so-so and they charge a premium because of the so-called premium location.
4. The premium location. Face it guys, you only chose this spot because the main Palolem beach is already taken.
5. Stay on the main Palolem beach. Much better huts, better restaurants, better value, better holiday all round.
6. And it's 50% more expensive than staying on the main beach! Madness. The huts aren't even good, just cheapo stuff photographed to look good on their website.
Added to the above is crappy service that shouts out "you paid in advance, we've got your money, so why would we be helpful, polite, friendly etc etc?"
Rant over. But it is so annoying to find dumps like this in Palolem, a place where we've always had a brilliant experiences, up until now.
- Also Known As:
- Green Park Resort - Palolem Beach, Goa Hotel Canacona
- Green Park Resort - Palolem Beach, Goa Hotel
- Green Park Resort - Palolem Beach, Goa Canacona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green Park Beach Hut Resort, Palolem beach provides pleasant, comfortable accommodation that are designed to blend with this beautiful natural location. All the beach huts are positioned just a few meters from the sea and enjoy beautiful ocean view with amazing sunsets. To take full advantage of Green Park Resort's beach-side location, each hut has its own private balcony, providing the ideal place to relax, read a book, or just enjoy a snooze in the shade. All the huts are clean and airy. Sea breeze is included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Green Park Resort - Palolem Beach, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.