We were at this hotel for most of January and the first thing that comes to your attention is the amazingly impressive entrance and the incredibly friendly staff to greet you. We arrived kind of late and they gave us a room in D Block, it is the old part of the hotel and the rooms really are a bit grubby, it really is more of a three star at a push. Whilst we were in the room they phoned and offered us an upgrade to F Block. You get a lounge with flat screen tv and a bedroom with tv, both rooms have great air con. But still they are a bit faded and could do with renovation. It seems that they have concentrated all of their efforts on the new block right at the front and forgotten about the rest. However, this didn't ruin our time here. It is right at the top of the street leading to Calangute beach and taxi's are so cheap to go anywhere else.
I do agree with one writer's comments that the pool appears permanently cloudy so I didn't use it. Think they need to get their filters checked. It is also amazing that for a hotel that argues it has a business centre that there was no wifi for the whole time we were there, we had chosen it because of the wifi aspect for business whilst abroad so were really annoyed that it didn't exist. The staff in the hotel are really helpful and even though it is a self service breakfast they want to get you everything. There is a small assortment of Indian foods for breakfast and the resident chef is not exactly hard worked , he either stands by the toaster feeding bread or making only an assortment of omelettes.
The Russians now make up the most tourists in Goa therefore if you can put up with their pushy attitude as guests you will be ok. One tip, don't use the taxi pre=paid counter inside Dabolim airport. Use the one directly outside, it is cheaper and you also get air con in the car
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams Grand
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute