A good hardware should be supported with an equally competent software, otherwise you end up with a poor experience. Neelam Grand is a perfect example of impressive hardware (building) and very poor everything else. When I checked in, the INR 10K per day room did not have towels. After two requests they sent two bath towels. It took one more request to get hand towels. Room was superficially clean with a dirty carpet. When we asked for bottled drinking water, hospitality (or hostility) was at its peak, they replied that since we were only eating breakfast so no bottled water, only filter water. Little more argument got us one litre of bottled water for four nights we stayed.
Hotel has a very poor room service. A request for tea is answered by its price. If you order little more, you are warned that it wont be cancelled. Icing on cake was the so called gala dinner on 31st night. I can only recommend, better avoid this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams Grand
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute