1) The airport rep at the airport to receive us was very courteous & he was the first staff who met us and created a good impression.Next the driver who drove us down to the hotel from airport was very co-operative as my daughter was vomiting.Kudos for his patience.Although i could not meet him again to thank him once again.
2) Rooms are good and spacious with all the basic amenities
3) Location is very good close to the Calangute market & beach approx 15 mins by walk
4) Food was good in the restaurant
1) The impression created by the airport rep was shortlived once we reached the hotel reception.The hotel was fully sold out & hence the reception forgot to give us a warm welcome.Although they were courteous we were quite surprised & became little uncomfortable.
They did there bit by organising a welcome drink (mazaa).
As i happen to be in the travel & tourism industry myself have stayed in many good hotels in India & abroad so was expecting the reception to be informative on my check-in which is the normal practice in a good hotel.
Here i handed over the voucher & was told to proceed to the room.Once i went to the restaurant same night for dinner was told by the staff that we need to present meal coupons so had to again come back & collect the same from reception.It was not a big deal for me to collect the same from the reception but the point is the reception is the point from where the guests should be guided thoroughly.
Hotel will be sold out during season time so that does not mean that some guests can be conveniently ignored.
Second day morning i went to handover the room keys at the reception with a smile & a lady at the reception was not even smiling forget been little courteous & wishing a good morning which she did to a group of foreigners.
But there were few people whom i would like to point out is a very pleasant lady on the travel desk who answered all my queries & appreciate Mr Bhuvan at the reception with whom i interacted the most & a smiling gentleman at the reception who was available at 4.30 am on the day of my check out.
Hope this feedback of my is taken in the right spirit so that no guest feels lost especially during a sold out situation.
2) There was a group of five families with children who were anyway creating a ruckus everywhere in the hotel.My point of concern and also of some other guests was in the restaurant.
Those guys were eating while standing in the queue for meals & also with same bare hands touching the serving spoons & touching breads,rotis etc.
In such a case your restaurant staff has all the right to make them straight as the other guests like us cannot be eating the food hand touched by them ot u can put some pointers over there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams Grand
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute