We have struggled to find opening words to describe this beautiful boutique hotel situated in Calangute-Goa, beautiful, amazing, perfect are just some words that can be used. Anyone concidering visiting Goa must look no further, read no further reviews as this hotel has everything a guest could possibly want and a lot more you probably have yet to experience.
Its obvious that the very charming owner ''Neville'' has put much thought and effort in developing a paradise oasis for his guests with every little detail covered. The grounds are not only interesting but very well maintained, with daily attendence from cleaning through to gardening and security. The rooms are all separatley themed and a treat for the eyes, they contained everything needed for a comfortable stay and were cleaned every day with a fresh supply of linen, towels and water.
The hotel restaurant was simply divine, cheif Kevin cooked us superb meals everyday, we looked forward to food time! the calamari, their signiture dishes, their squid toast, I can go on and on.....we simply couldnt bring ourselves to want to eat anywhere else than here in the whole of Goa!
One person that needs a special mention is ''Matthew'' our waiter and general person in charge for looking after guests. This gentle well mannered man needs to be clonned and sent to all hotels in the world! we have never been served with such perfection and delicate manner, he wouldn't even raise his voice beyond a certain decibel or tone in fear of disturbing us or the wonderful ambiance the hotel surroundings offer. Matthew made us feel so special with his lovely service, flower arrangements and of course cocktails!
The hotel has recently started to develop a beach guest house which accompanies their private beach and restaurant, which the hotel offer a free shuttle everyday at your leisure. The beach is beautiful and the restaurant divine and the added bonus is you have the sweetest labradore ''Biscuit'' to keep you company everyday, I'm not a fan of dogs but I was quite tearful leaving Biscuit after 3 days, she's quite a character!
Overall, Pousada Tauma is a hotel in a category of its own, its special in every way and that's exacty what the guest feel after spending even a few minutes in the grounds. It has everything a guest could wish for and more. We would highly recommend it and will so to any one going to Goa, we certainly wish to return. Wishing the team every success, keep up the good work!
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tauma Hotel
- Pousada Tauma Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Hotel Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Goa/Calangute
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the best luxury boutique hotel in Calangute, Goa, India. The Pousada Tauma, awaits you for an escape that will soothe and refresh your spirit offering a relaxing and intimate atmosphere in our suites all with patios. Enjoy fine dining at the Copper Bowl restraurant or the casual inviting atmosphere at the Pousada Beach sea front restaurant.Pousada By The Beach Restaurant, though modest, is a little slice of paradise and an ideal place on the Arabian Sea to enjoy a costal meal or snack on their private patio or just right for frolicking and sunbathing on the beach. Incredible Arabian Sea sunsets are synonymous with Pousada By The Beach's tranquil surf and sand. This is the beach where you leave your troubles behind and get away from the world. The hotel, is more private villa than resort. Each suite has its also has its own private dining area, bedroom with a dressing table, wardrobe and a patio with a private, detached garden or terrace, telephones for local and long-distance, television with satellite channels, and a minibar.Conceived as an adult-experience and scattered around the pool are luxury suites with different themes: the Sea Suites, the Field Suites, the Mountain Suites, the Castle Suite, and the Garden Suite that give one the very feel and aroma of a honeymoon vacation. The hotel, is more private villa than resort. Each suite has its also has its own private dining area, bedroom with a dressing table, wardrobe and a patio with a private, detached garden or terrace, telephones for local and long-distance, television with satellite channels, and a minibar. The Ayurvedic Centre is designed to maintain or improve health through the use of massage, yoga, and herbal preparations. With us, visitors can experience a relaxing holiday and can take up special Ayurvedic packages, including Dhara, Dhara & Pizhichil, Navarakizhi, Podikizhi, Udvartana, and Matravasti, treatments. Luxury Boutique Hotel In CalanguteTripAdvisor Travellers' Choice AwardsPousada Tauma© 2013 TripAdvisor LLC Our all suite small luxury boutique hotel in Goa, India, welcomes you to a quaint, charming world of your own, a distant paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels so you can book your Pousada Tauma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.