Me and my family was welcomed by a receptionist with full of attitude, I thought it was just her with this attitude but it turned out that all other staffs follow the same :). The way she explained me their rules, I felt I have come for a military camp :).
I had to complain about the room latch which wasn't closing from inside, the carpenter took 45 minutes to fix that when we were waiting to change after that long travel.
Rooms are probably of stone age, every thing there, the doors, windows, AC, TV are from probably 2000 or something. Their generators don't power the TV nor the AC and not even the intercoms, so during power cuts(which was of plenty during our stay)you will have to live with the fan and will have to walk to the reception for room service :).
Rooms are not cleaned unless you tell them, because they don't have spare keys, OMG!.
Food was bad too, I had dinner from there on my first night, never after that :).
Breakfast was included in my room tariff, however nothing to talk good about it as well.
Overall, a very disappointing hotel, service and food. I don't recommend this for any one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Ondas do mar' which in Portuguese means ‘waves of the sea’. It is a delightful beach resort in close proximity of just 300 meters from the beach . It has 30 air-conditioned, well appointed and comfortable rooms which is aesthetically designed with vibrant colours and large open space with balcony's facing the road and the swimming pool which gives one feeling of living in a Portuguese villa. We are a budget category property.There are two wings, one is old wing(Phase-I)(Std rooms) and the new wing(Phase-II)(Dlx rooms) are situated. Both has a swimming pool.Dlx rooms are spacious (55 sqmt) and overlooking the pool or the garden whereas Std rooms are (35sqmt) and has a road or the garden view. Both the wings are separated from each other. Buffet breakfast is served in the New wing(Phase-II. Property has two restaurents "Chef-e-tte" Poolside restaurent serving multi-cusine & "Abracadabra" serving Persian charcoal Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ondas do Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Ondas Do Mar
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Goa/Calangute