“Not a good experience. Bad Staff. Avg on Location/Price.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Flamingo

You added Hotel La Flamingo to your Saves list
Hotel La Flamingo
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Behind North 16, Near Kfc Circle, Porba Waddo, Calangute 403516, India   |
Ranked #103 of 150 Calangute B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Not a good experience. Bad Staff. Avg on Location/Price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well, what do I say? Ok read the following tips:
1. Do not go by their professional pics. They are to dupe you. No LCD in the room. The room is much smaller than what you see. Hot Water is not constant.

2. Location - Yes, Calangute but way inside from main road, the road to the hotel is pathetic and not walkable (unless you wanna dirty your footwear)

3. Rooms - Uncomfortable pillows, tiny rooms. Bathroom was decent. all rooms are non smoking but what the hell - I smoked on the window. Thankfully they cleaned the room everyday.

4. Breakfast - HORRIBLE. first of all the timing - 8AM until 9.30AM. One dish - either it was Upma or Idli or something else with Tea. Thats it. Need to ask for Bread Butter - this is not breakfast. the tea was sweet even after asking him not to put sugar in it - I didn't bother third day to go down for breakfast.

5. Hotel Staff - RUDE. The manager was talking as if he is doing a favour. POOOOOR SERVICE. VERY POOR. the staff is seeking tips after such behavior. We asked for directions - didnt help. We asked for bike - he quoted a higher charge.

Why I gave two stars? I paid a dirt cheap price for Calangute location when all other hotels were booked.

Room Tip: Ask for the one with a proper balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Dear all, never go with reviews by all...ppl want to spent less and complain....Hotel La Flamingo is one of the best budget hotel and perfectly located ....staff was perfectly helpful, new furniture, perfect hygiene, cool rooms with A/C and LCD. For this AMOUNT it is the best hotel around....even staff came to pick us up when we were not able to find the hotel...i had stayed there for 5 days...and it was a pleasure...

Room Tip: try gerring rooms on 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I havent seen the hotel. But make sure you dont book them online. On their own site, I tried doing a booking and it said the rooms are available. I happily booked and my money was cut. After 2 hrs I got a call from them saying that the system was not updated and the room is not booked and they dont have room and my booking stands cancelled.. and then started my story of running around these guys to refund my money.. They did not send me a cancellation mail, on top of that when I called their manager's number given on the website, he was scolding me as if I am some servant or something ans gave me a number to call to get the refund as they are not responsible. After following up for almost a day over the phone with various people I had no option but to call their MD(number on the website) and she said they have cancelled and money will return in my account. Its been 5 days to the call and I am still waiting for the money!.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed here at New years 2011, around 8 of us had booked out 3 rooms. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to serve us, even though the poor guy was probably working 24 hour shifts and must have been exhausted!

Bear in mind, this is a VERY BASIC hotel, don't expect any frills, and don't crib about no fancy toiletries/bedsheets etc. Its a great place for those looking for a place to simply crash at night after being out the whole day!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, they are bigger.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked the place 2 months before coming for sunburn.
Pros: calangute area, Felix and staff were helpful, no hygiene issues which was my main concern
Cons: Deep in the lane, shower pressure could be better

• Stayed December 2011
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Dear friends, Please dont get fooled by the pics in the hotel website. The behaviour and service of staff is very poor. their was no hot water supply. Breakfast was so bad that we didnt feel like having it the 2nd day. They didn't even allow us to check in after paying 1st days tariff and demanded the full payment upfront. It took us an hour to locate the hotel and is in a very remote location with construction going all around. There is no lift facility. Though the furniture was good but the service was dissapointing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

hello friends, i saw this hotels website and i found it good to stay her for 3 nights 4 days , i took number from website n contact them, i told them i want to book 2 rooms for the month of jan2012 , i was booking in the month of nov2011 (Alomost 3 months before) they gave me 10% discount on each room so the ask me to diposite half amt that is 5400rs. In their account , i have diposited the money mailed all details to hotel but for 1 month they didnt sent me conformation mail , after calling n mailing them 100 of time they mailed us conformation mail... But aftr few days we came to knw the hotel is not like they have shown pictures on their website so we decided to cancel our booking again the same thing happened like the time of booking we ask for their cancellation policy coz they have not mention in their website any where about cancellation policy, first they told us we ll cut 3600rs. 1 days 2 rooms rent, n now after 8 days they r dening to refund our 1800, we r cancelling before 1 month , there is no responcible person with i can talk , staff members gives improper ans, manager is very rude , i hope we ll get back our money soon, SO PLEASE YOU ALL DONT THINK TO BOOK THIS HOTEL !

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Hotel La Flamingo? Share your experiences!