“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Anthony's Tea Garden / After Dark

St Anthony's Tea Garden / After Dark
Main Calangute To Candolim Road | Opposite St Anthonys Chapel, Calangute 403516, India
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 147 Restaurants in Calangute
Cuisines: Chinese, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant is one the best Goa has to offer. The menu is brilliant, you can have traditional Indian dishes as well as home comforts like Cottage pie and a superb roast beef dinner. Also, the Lemon cake is to die for! We visited the restaurant several times during our 3 weeks and found the quality to be exactly the same each time. Lunch time is also very good there, especially when you're not feeling too hungry. The afternoon/high tea is a perfect stop gap between breakfast and dinner. The service is excellent too, all the waiters speak very good English and are able to answer any questions about the dishes comprehensively. Peter, the owner is also very lovely. If you do go, ask for the table outside as it's cooler and you can also sit and watch the world go by. I would advise to book at table to avoid disappointment. If you're visiting North Goa, then visiting After Dark is a must!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

rochester kent
“A sorry experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

In my experience this is very unorganised restaurant,it always seems busy so we thought we would try it out,but not very good at all.Had to wait for a table,which we didn't mind doing,we were put in a small area right next to the kitchen which was very hot ! When another table became vacant we asked Peter the owner if we could move,he then said it was reserved,so that was that,we went on to order our food,we especially wanted the roast dinner,then we were told none left! So we had a curry because thats all he seemed to have left.In all the time we have been going to Goa we have never had such a bad curry,very disappointing it seemed to me Peter was only interested in serving Hes OAP regulars ,having just come back from Goa when passing by St Anthony's noticed Peter still doing the same thing,not a very welcoming place at all .

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place a number of times during our two week stay in Calangute. The service was excellent and Peter a perfect host. My fellow diners are meat and two veg types so stuck to the English fayre of steaks or steak and kidney pies wheres as I stuck to the curries. All food was excellent . If you are looking for variety in your fellow diners look elsewhere as the place seemed to have the sme very satisfied customers most nights . Well done all

England
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We used this little restaurant every breakfast and dinner for 13 days! What more can you say, I would hope that speaks volumes, courteous and extremely attentive staff, fabulous menu, not overpriced and above all else terrific food!

Visited February 2013
England
“Yummy food, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I found this place when a taxi driver dropped me off here. The full English breakfasts were tasty and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and professional - the nicest staff I came across in any of the restaurants I visited. I came here for my evening meal once, and it was delicious. A gem of a place, I believe the best in Calangute.

Visited February 2013