“Sep2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nelmar Nest Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Nelmar Nest Guest House
You added Nelmar Nest Guest House to your Saves list
Calangute Beach, Near Calangute Dominos Pizza, Calangute, India   |
Ranked #1 of 151 Calangute B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sep2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Clean, well presented room. Good wifi. Reasonable distance from beach - only 10 minute walk via small roads, 20 minutes on the main streets. More suggestions for places to visit and eat/drink, and traveller aids would be useful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Shaun S

Greetings from Nelmar Nest, Calangute!!!

I am glad you chose to stay in Nelmar Nest with your 3 friends during your recent visit to Goa.

I thank you for your valuable review on Trip Advisor and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to (your) Nelmar Nest, Calangute.

Warm Wishes,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My stay at Nelmar Nest was wonderful and and very pleasing. Stayed there with my family during the last week of August. The owner, Mr. Edwin was very co-operative and accommodating and also suggested the best ways to utilize our days in Goa. I would definitely recommend Nelmar Nest to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Hashmi,

Greetings from Nelmar Nest, Calangute.

I am glad you chose to stay in Nelmar Nest during your family visit to Goa.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with your family. Your compliments particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with my team.
I thank you for your valuable feedback & recommendation on Trip Advisor and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to (your) Nelmar Nest, Calangute.

I greatly value your patronage and look forward in welcoming you back to Nelmar Nest soon. I greatly thank your brother Mr. Fareidun Hashmi for recommending Nelmar Nest to you.

Warm Wishes,
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Goa for me is not less than heaven , the first thing that welcomed us was the soft speaking gentle nature of the owner, Mr. Edwin and place was full of safety ,I remember Mr. Edwin suggested me to take different room because the room next to me was with boys and he don't want me to get disturbed my them . We were offered rooms with double bed, refrigerator(with drinking water and drinks), AC, solar hot water and TV. The bikes were also arranged by the owner itself at reasonable price . The apartment and the surrounding is perfect for holiday where you will find lots with greenery, quiet and calm place. It is located in the walking distance of calangute beach and beside the main road where you will find all the restaurants, Dominos, KFC, Navtara Restaurant shops etc. I would recommend all the tourist travelers to stay at Nelmar Nest and enjoy its surrounding like a home away from home with everything nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Gautam Singha

Greetings from Nelmar Nest, Calangute!

I am glad you chose to stay in Nelmar Nest during your family visit to Goa. It pleases me to know that your stay was comfortable and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations. I am happy to learn that you found our location convenient. It’s been a pleasure to make your search easy by arranging bikes, taxi, travel tickets etc..

I thank you for your valuable detailed feedback & recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to (your) Nelmar Nest, Calangute!

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.
My e-mail address for easy reference is bookings@nelmarnestgoa.com

Warm wishes
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Being Goa for the first time, the first thing that welcomed us was the gentle nature of the owner, Mr. Edwin. We were offered budget rooms with double bed, refrigerator, AC, solar hot water and TV. The bikes were also arranged by the owner itself. The apartment and the surrounding is perfect for holiday where you will find lots of trees filled with greenery, quiet and calm place. It is located in the walking distance of calangute beach and beside the main road where you will find all the restaurants, dominos, KFC, shops etc. I would recommend all the tourist travelers to stay at Nelmar Nest and enjoy its surrounding like a home away from home with everything nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Nupur & Fly,

Greetings from Nelmar Nest, Calangute.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at Nelmar Nest.

I thank you for your kind words on our budget rooms, amenities, surrounding, location & your kindness to me. Appreciate your honest feedback.

I greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Nelmar Nest soon.

Cheers,
Proprietor
Nelmar Nest, Calangute
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The apartment is very nice rooms are good , service is nice and near 2 beach
the people are good we have good nice experienced and we r going always there
.we also low like budget he provided help in getting bikes
it on the way road to city
nice location not so noisy surrounded by nature.
and when it will be very nice when he provide dinner
we like rooms

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thanks Ganesh, lovely having your review of Nelmar Nest Guest House.
See you soon :)
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Since we were five girls, we were concerned about safety. And Nelmar Nest proved to be perfect for us! It really felt like home away from home. One of the girls reached there early and they were very accommodating about out check-in and check-out times. We stayed in one of the apartments there and were delighted for all of us to be able to stay to stay together that too at a very affordable price. It was a great relief to not have busboys and cleaning staff running around and disturbing us. It's in a great location but still in a quiet and peaceful place. It was a great place to stay in and we couldn't have enjoyed more. Edwin was super helpful in arranging a car for us to drive around as well as taxis and a bus tour to South Goa. A special thanks to him! I would highly recommend Nelmar Nest to anyone looking for a clean, safe and affordable place to stay in Goa!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Greetings from Nelmar Nest Guest House.

Thanks for your positive review and also pleasure to have you & your friends staying in Nelmar Nest. I have nothing to say, as you said it all in your own beautiful words.

It’s always a pleasure to see such positive reviews flowing in on tripadvisor.

Thanks for everything and looking forward to see you all soon back in Nelmar Nest :)
Cheers,
Edwin
Kanpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at Nelmar's , the owner Mr.Edwin is a thorough gentleman, best location to put up in Goa, near beach and markets but still very quiet, lot of trees and greenery, does not cost an heaven to put on, I would recommend tourists, travelers to stay at this place, I would always go back and stay, it's like home away from home.

Room Tip: Although very Safe and cosy, but would advice travellers to carry your own set of locks for doors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
dsouzaedwin, Owner at Nelmar Nest Guest House, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks Abhishek for choosing Nelmar Nest at your stay in Calangute, also big thanks to your friends Mr. Ajeet & Mr. Shashank for staying too.
Liked your detailed, sweet review & appreciate your generous compliment.
I was thinking to use same words for Nelmar Nest which you wrote, but it is common lines in most guest houses in Goa, but to hear from the guests “HOME AWAY FROM HOME” is something really special & makes me feel happy.
Nelmar Nest is really a safe & quite place as it’s not like hotels but it’s more like a home. You won’t see room boys/staffs running around like you see in hotels.
Since Nelmar Nest is started, there is not a single case of anything missing of the guests in Nelmar Nest Guest House. From last year we have installed CCTV system which makes guests more secure & safe. In Goa there are not much CCTV systems in guest houses, but I felt even though we are safe, you never know about tomorrow. It’s like precaution is better than cure :)
Take care & touch base!

Been to Nelmar Nest Guest House? Share your experiences!