“Wonderful Place & Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse
You added Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse to your Saves list
H.no - 2/233 A Bishop Alex Dias Road | Naika vaddo, GOA, Calangute 403516, India   |
Chennai
“Wonderful Place & Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my 6th trip to goa,first time @ J & M, place cannot be treated as guest house..its just another House,we stayed in palm room which was really Neat & Clean& more than neat & clean i should say it was "HYGIENIC"..best part A/C was working fine with no noise, location its silent no disturbance like other hotels & resorts.day of arrival Uncle sent us sms which helped us to find the place very easy..we stayed for 3 nights had good stay,we used to come back late night no one will be questioned..Breakfast was excellent especially "POHA & Goan Bhaji" nice taste never get that taste in any of hotels in goa...
all basic needs r walkable distance..jus 15 min walk u will reach beach ..everything was easy to access,we got watever we wanted so we were fully satisfied with service given by uncle & Aunty,..rest of my future trip to goa my stay will be only @ J & M...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you very much. Hope to see you again. Regards to all your friends and family.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

four of us stayed last dec at Joe and Marietta's place (The Palm apartment). we found it good value for money. Both Joe and Marietta were friendly and helpful. I can readily recommend the place to anyone looking for clean, well-kept rooms and friendly ambience.

Room Tip: If you are a group between 5 to 8, take the Palm Residence. It has 3 bedrooms and plenty of beds!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Good to hear from you after two months. Better still to know that we have been on your minds. Thank you for the kind words and hope to see you again.
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We reached Goa on 12th Feb. I found Marietta on the location who showed me the room. It was a decent A/c room with a clean washroom. We stayed there for 3 days and believe me it was a very good stay. Both Joe & Marietta are kind & co-operative hosts. In breakfast they served 'Poha', 'Umpa' and 'Goan Pao Bhaji' (one item each day) with tea were good and home made. Their guesthouse is just 1.5 km from the beach and just 1/2 km from the market. In short it is a very good place for those who want a good & peaceful stay. Thank you Joe & Marietta.
PERFECT FIVE STAR

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you, Sir, for the wonderful sentiments. It gives us great joy that our guests were happy staying with us. We hope to see you again. Warm regards to you and your family...
Ludhiana, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Joe and Marietta's guest house is an ideal place to stay at in north goa, if you are looking for all amenities at a decent price. Me and my friends stayed in the cinnamon apartment, which has 2 rooms and can easily sleep upto 4 people. Although its mentioned on their website that they even serve eggs for breakfast, but we were only given upma instead, on both the days, which didn't really go down well with our palates. Apart from that, everything else was prefect, and this can be a good base for anyone who wants to explore Goa without burning a hole into their pockets. Joe and Marietta are kind and gracious hosts and will definitely make you feel comfortable during your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. But Sir, we beg to differ on one point - the breakfast. It is next to impossible, sorry, it is impossible that we served upma on two successive days. It must have been poha on the second day. But still we are sorry, you did not get eggs. We will take steps to correct this. Again, thanks for the fine words and hope to have you with us again. We will definitely serve you our much-liked egg omelette. Regards..
Bellary, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

To start with the location of the Guest House is awesome.We preferred this Guest House after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We booked Cinnamon for 2 days and Orange for a day.Both the rooms are awesome.Neat ,Clean and plenty of fresh air,ample parking place,and not to miss the Break Fast of Marietta;Simple and Homely Breakfast,especially the "POHA",i loved it. If anyone of you want a calm,clean,relaxing place this is the perfect place. Thanks Joe and Marietta for making our stay wonderful and our trip successful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We cherish your appreciation of our humble house and efforts. God Bless!!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

5STARS to Joe & Marietta and to their Guest house. Amazing Place to stay. Closer to market and the beach, this was Top Notch!!!.
Simple and Homely Food for breakfast and No disturbance in your Privacy. Very Polite and Gentle People to talk to.
Nice & Neat Room. Well Maintained.

Only problem that I faced was that the bed was making a little noise and the bathroom door. so when anyone wants to open the bathroom door at night the other person would get up due to the noise. But when i see the overall Experience I found this negligble and I am Super happy.
Thank you Joe & Marietta. You guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. By the way, the bed has been fixed and does not give out noise anymore. Also the bathroom door hinges have been oiled. So no more noise. It did not take us long to do this, and we wish we were told of the noise when you were here. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for the gracious words.
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A few days back I arrived in Goa from New Zealand after three long flights. I had booked Joe & Marietta's guesthouse and I was incredibly happy that I had upon my arrival. Joe & Marietta are wonderful people and incredibly accommodating and the guesthouse lived up to all my expectations. The room and bathroom were clean and Joe & Marietta were there for my every question and request, from where could i find a good restaurant to asking for an extra sheet and blanket. I stayed in the orange room, which had a television I only found out on my arrival and a great table to work from. The wireless works perfectly in all the rooms besides the orange room, which is a touch away from the router, but that wasn't any trouble as marietta and joe encouraged me to sit on their porch and drink chai and check email. The room is incredibly safe and the small staff delightful and I had no qualms about keeping all my personal items in the room. I felt safe and knew my things would be too. the guesthouse is on a perfect quiet residential street and the market (with restaurants, fresh veggies and shopping) is a mere 5-10 minute walk away. The beach another 5 minutes from there. This is by far the best place you can stay in Calagunte. I would recommend it without hesitation to everyone. I put 4 stars for fitness centre and swimming because I went running from the guesthouse to the beach every morning and then went swimming in the arabian sea afterwards!

Room Tip: All are good, the Orange room is a little away from the wireless router so you need to sit outside t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Benjamin is himself a gem of a person. As for the weak wi-fi signal in the Orange room, we plan to lay a cable from the router to the room in the future. But otherwise, our friends are most welcome to sit in our porch and surf the Net... Thank you Ben for the kind words.

Been to Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!